21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 9:08 PM by iivrruummii RSS

This better be the last patch to nerf a gun.

footballrule

PDW and MSMC slightly nerfed with increased recoil and the FAL OSW nerfed AGAIN. Who the heck do you see that even uses the FAL anymore? After the other nerfs, people dropped that gun, myself included. Sure, it was a beast at launch with the Target Finder and Select Fire full auto, but it wasn't unstoppable. I haven't been killed by it in months now. I never see the SMR and that got nerfed too?

What's next? C4 nerf because it is heavily used among good players? Treyarch, the complaining on this forum is more about the lag than anything eles. Try to address that first in some form?

• Re: This better be the last patch to nerf a gun.
    NoLifeKing29

These nerfs are sensible. I'm sure the gun tweaks will continue for the next 6 months. I still see the FAL in HC, where it remains a beast.

hudder92

I just started using the FAL trying to get it gold. And I really don't find it that good of a gun.. I feel the Swat or SMR are better assault rifles. I don't get the nerf either.

Noob_Lyncher

I just started trying to get the MSMC gold, but with all ther nerfs, it's retarded trying to get headshots with it in Core. I have to play HC just for headshots on a gun.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

I would think - and maybe I'm wrong - that in Core the MSMC would be easier to get headshots now with more recoil.  Start at the chest and it goes up faster to finish with a headshot.

I see some friends get 5, 10 or even 15 headshots a game sometimes and it astounds me.  I usually get 1 or 2, probably because I start my aim lower and let the gun come up.  I don't trust my first shot will hit, even though I seem to have pretty good reaction time and get the first shot on target.  (Keeping the sights on a guy at medium range, in Core, seems to be more troublesome than getting that first hitmarker for me.  Need to practice strafing more, or something...)

gdexter

don't like don't play

simple

nicedrewishfela

So they should never touch the game.. ever?

They have metrics, they have numbers to show how guns are performing. What guns are being over-used. K/Ds with guns. They base the changes off of those numbers.

Change is good. Adjust, adapt. 99% of the time you will find these changes don't have a noticeable effect on gameplay. Keeps the game fresh.

ab36

Last I checked, you can make the weaker weapons better, so nerfing isn't the only way to fix weapon balance.

And I still don't see why players using one weapon more than another in itself is bad. If everyone started using the Chicom and did well, they'd look at the usage and say "oh this needs to be nerfed"? That's a terrible approach, you shouldn't nerf a gun because it performs well. I never understood that. The PDW wasn't like the dual FMG9s or the dual G18s in MW2, or those OP weapons, it was a good weapon, and they nerf it to futility because people perform well with it. Apparently they don't want to have proficitent weapons, and they don't want to players to use proficient weapons. Or if they do, they better perform horribly with them so they don't make Treyarch nerf them. Just because people tend to use good weapons and good players perform well with them, that doesn't mean the weapon is OP. Why not just use nerf guns then, those hardly do any damage at all and everyone will be limited to low damage?

And no, change for the sake of change isn't good. Improvements are good. "Change" is different. And if 99% of the changes don't leave a noticeable effect on gameplay, then how does it keep the game fresh? By not changing anything you can notice?

nicedrewishfela

Because good players adapt to the weapon. They learn how to use it effectively, regardless of its stats. THAT is how it doesn't effect gameplay.

They did buff certain weapons, did you not read the update? The point is, YOU see things as an individual player, with bias to what YOU like to play with and what YOU see.You have no way of seeing the big picture... they do. They have stats on everything, and base the changes on the metrics. Its how programming works. Its how business works. Its how logical thinkers work.

If numbers PROVE a weapon is OP.. then why not make a change? The goal is balance for ALL, not molly-coddling a few who cling desperately to one weapon. The fact of the matter is, the nerfs/buffs won't deter people from using those weapons, and if it does one would have to question their integrity as a player. The weapons themselves will still be highly effective in the right hands. One of the things I have enjoyed the most about this title is using every weapon and getting to Diamond Camo. Each weapon has presented a different set of challenges and adapting to them has been part of the fun of this game.

They don't change just for the sake of change. They change based on numbers, metrics, charts.. AKA Facts. My point is, change is good for the community. If things constantly stay the same, well that is just dull.

To the OP:  I agree, I'm sick of the nerfs.  It seems like they are playing a game of "whack-a-mole".  First, Treyarch was shocked that there was so much SMG usage, so they started buffing the assault rifles, but now some of the assault rifles are too powerful.  Then there first download pack was the Peacekeeper SMG, and how the Peacekeeper is the gun that has killed me the most at 800+ times killed by it. They keep buffing the LMGs, and snipers just hoping  and praying that players will use them.  The HAMR has hardly killed me, only 36 times, compared to the 500+ times for all the SMGs. 

The fundamental problem with BLOPS2 is the small maps and the fact that the Ghost perk forces you to keep moving.  It simply encourages players to use the SMGs and assault rifles too much. 

It is like Treyarch is saying the buffs and nerfs will continue until the morale improves enough to use LMGs and snipers.

randomhero204

The patch was made for the competitive scene.

Mlg Dallas is next weekend and the 1 mil cod tourney is in April... Nuff said.

These are welcome nerfs in the comp community. :)

randomhero204

A really well known competitive player started a thread on a different competitive gaming site and held a vote as to wether they should ban the kap-40s  and the response was out of this world in favour of banning them from comp play... 2 days later vhan does this... Coincidently just before a couple major tournaments are about to take place.... Some might be mad at the love the comp players are getting but hey it's beniicail for all of us in the end.

Izjar11

footballrule wrote:

PDW and MSMC slightly nerfed with increased recoil and the FAL OSW nerfed AGAIN. Who the heck do you see that even uses the FAL anymore? After the other nerfs, people dropped that gun, myself included. Sure, it was a beast at launch with the Target Finder and Select Fire full auto, but it wasn't unstoppable. I haven't been killed by it in months now. I never see the SMR and that got nerfed too?

What's next? C4 nerf because it is heavily used among good players? Treyarch, the complaining on this forum is more about the lag than anything eles. Try to address that first in some form?

I do not think they "listen" or make changes based on complaints from this thread, but I agree, why further modify the FAL and SMR ~ They have dropped in usage since 1.07.  Curious.