7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 11:11 AM by ROLANDMS1 RSS

Custom iron sights on weapons a good idea, Yes or No?

Zwimpy

Hi everyone,

I had the following idea/suggestion and I was wondering what other players/developers thought of it.

What do you guys think of being able to pick or design your own iron sights on your weapons. I was thinking about it when I was playing with the M27 and I personally don't like its iron sight. I favour that of the AN94 and the SCAR. Comment what you guys think about it.

Cheers Zwimpy

• Re: Custom iron sights on weapons a good idea, Yes or No?

I think it would change the gun to somthing its not, its meant to be as close to a real gun as they can changing the iron sights would be a bad idea

Yoshi9135

This is actually one of the thing I have always thought that Treyarch should do. They allow us to have custom emblems so why not irons sights?

SnoSurfer

WWhile we are at it, why not make customisable scopes... Like being able to choose the viewable area or style at least, and a custom zoom setting, rather than just a reticle choice.

seems like this kind of thing would be far more possible in Ghosts with the double rendering on scopes. I would be really interested to try putting a bit of zoom on a red dot.

coldstreamer1286

Customised iron sights would just be aa rediculous idea as u would 1st of all see people running round with stupid things on their weapons,

also it would cause too much winging and moaning after the first few days of this as the line of sights would not be true , thus effecting your shooting as anyone with a gun background knows that a rifle of any type has to be zero`d to the shooters eye.

this would effectivly mean u could be shooting at an enemy on the game and u would c ur rear sight would be on the target but your for sight may not be bang on target

again another silly idea which the devs would not even dream of doing

HAPPY HUNTING

LifeSong1

I don't see why they couldn't do it. You wouldn't be able to mix and match to have some silly looking iron site but you could choose between 3-5 styles for the gun.

Those saying it isn't realistic need to first remember that this game isn't meant to be realistic. And 2, no matter what the sites, they can be calibrated to be accurate. Thus, no harm in allowing us to customize the iron sites just like they do the scopes/reticles.

Zwimpy

I agree with you on that. It's an arcade shooter and if were allowed to pimp our guns and customize our characters, I would like to see the same for the iron sights. In my opinion the gun is the thing that you look at the most while your playing the game. So having the freedom to do with it as you please is definitely very rewarding.

ROLANDMS1

I've been saying this forever and, when I heard about ghosts was hoping that they would have thought of this. And yes you can customize iron sights in real life on certain guns. (This is a fact look it up for those nonbelievers).

Now it's up to Treyarch to pay attention to what the fans want in Black Ops 3 and, combine them with some of the features in ghosts.