28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 6:49 PM by Taz-MrT3R- RSS

What HAS to happen with BO2 Zombies

i'm really glad i waited to post this thread until after Die Rise came out because had I not then this thread would be way too pessimistic and an overall slight at the abilities of treyarch and activision as suppliers of the Call of Duty franchise.

Thankfully, Die Rise is amazing(in my opinion)

Anyway I wish I could say the same for the rest of the BO2 zombies experience but I can't, not saying Die Rise is perfect but it is considerably better than the maps that came before it in BO2 zombs.

1st) FIX THE ******* LEADERBOARDS

-great, even when someone leaves for whatever reason the leaderboards will not record your highest round but it will still keep track of everything else? I don't give a **** about any leaderboard but the highest round, it is the true measure of how good someone is at zombies. The ranking system and pretty much all worldwide(meaning non-map specific) leaderboards are irrelevant.

The Fix: Update the leaderboard function so that when someone does leave a public match their team doesn't get ****** out of a recording for their highest round. This leads to people making bold claims about their highest one so the only way to see if they know what they are doing besides playing with them is checking achievements of not only this game but past CoD games with zombs in it.

Another fix would be to enable private matches again, this way the chances of lagging out are slim and people can start matches faster(i.e. you only have 2 friends online playing zombies but dont want to play with a 4th random)

2nd) If you are going to have seperate leaderboards for single, double, triple, and quadruple teams then enable matchmaking to cater to these features. Players should be able to choose Two player and three player matchmaking in addition to solo and public match which will always stick you with four people unless you ask people to leave to get a lobby size you want which is sketchy and never really pans out too good.

3rd) if they keep track of perks drank, doors opened, and miles traveled why do they not keep track of how many barriers one repairs? it seems like it should be up there given the fact these other random stats are tracked. Not to mention the incredibly pointless Downs/Deaths leaderboards, it is good for determining K/D but to have leaderboards which you work your way down just doesn't seem practical and actually very stupid.

4th) FIX ANY AND ALL GLITCHES PROPERLY

-this is no debate; glitching is cheating and is not how the game was intended to be played. if you don't believe read the code of conduct for this game and XBL. now when it comes to "patching" a glitch/bug it needs to be completely irradicated from the map. specifically referring to teh "fix" they did on the buddha room glitch in Die Rise. I dont know if it is still like this as of today but essentially you stand in the glitch spot(which still glitches zombies in a circle making them not able to hit you) for a few seconds and the game shoots you out and you hear the noise that the game makes when the box moves. Not terrible but if you do this multiple times you will lose EVERYTHING except your PERKS. this works as a deterent but i would not call it a fix because it does not meet the definition; the glitch still exists but if you try to use it the game punishes you. The gltich should be patched and anyone found using the glitch to get to high rounds should be banned from Live/PSN/Pc for life and complete stat wipe. Any time i join a lobby and hear people talking about glitching and saying they are gonna do so, i quit. I am no *****, I did not get to round 40+ by cheating, i did not get my rank by cheating, i played the game as it was meant to be. it's already lame enough that we invest so much time into these games but cheating on top of that just makes you that much more of a loser.

5) expand the purchase area for perks, guns off the wall, and the mystery box(particularly the one at the bus depot in tranzit). i cant begin to state the number of times my epic game ended because i was going to by more ammo off the wall and the game did not respond to the command. too many, this should be an easy fix but yet they seem to do nothing about it

6) wtf is up with tunes in BO2? let me just state something pretty obvious; 90% of the songs in zombies are terrible, wake the **** up treyarch. Five, Call of the Dead, Moon, etc. had the best songs and here's why; they are from bands/artists that people actually ******* know and listen to. The song in Die Rise is ******* super lame and just insults my intellegence. "we all fall down" wow man that is so ******* transcedental and cryptic, i dont even know what my understanding of life is anymore(complete and total sarcasm).

suggestions:

Tranzit: Bat Country-Avenged Sevenfold. okay i shouldnt have to explain this, just listen to the lyrics and tranzit pretty much fits the description

Other than that i don't have many map specific selections but I do think the Avenged Sevenfold's Nightmare should be available on any and all maps. It IS definitively the theme song for zombies. Bands: Rage against the Machine, Metallica, Megadeth, Disturbed(Down with the Sickness?), motorhead, etc. anything thats fast tempo and hard rock/metal, but NO MORE ******* SCREAM. It is not metal, it's not even music, if treyarch is really into that "noise" i will come to cali and make Turkish Prison POW noise into a mic and literally bang on the drums and strum the same chord in drop D super fast.

apologies for the rant, i severely dislike screamo.

7) WHY ARE THERE SO FEW MAPS?

-let's face it, at this point in BO1 dlc season there were already seven zombie maps available not including Dead Ops Arcade. in this particular situation, I am referring to how I purchased BO2 hardened additional and the season pass and how if i would have done so with BO1 i would have more than double the maps I currently have in BO2 zombs. Not to mention they did not announce Nuketown Zombies would be available to season pass holders in December until 2 days after the launch of the game. Had they announced it, I could've save $25 but we are here now and the fact i have invested so much money in this joke of a game gives me full entitlement to complete judge and critique the game itself.

Obviously fixing this issue is only gonna be resolved through releasing dlc which is why I propose that the next map pack should be entirely Zombies oriented, get it out of the way since multiplayer already has more then enough maps and Zombs has 3. I do not count the individual areas of tranzit because they are not real zombies maps, they are too small. The map design has clearly regressed from BO1 and people have noticed.

8) ditch any and all non-survival modes

-i'm not a genius, i just make conclusion based on factual evidence presented to me. Turned and Grief always have the least amount of players, always. all they do is dilute the playlist making it hard to find matches for real zombies such as Tranzit, Nuketown, and Die Rise. These are the three definitive zombie maps. Turned has to go primarily because every time you are the human and you get thwacked by a zombie it counts as a down and will affect ranking up which is partially(not entirely) based on K/D to a certain extent.

9)Tranzit, the lava, the fog, and the fetuses

-okay so tranzit is HUGE and i would love it if i actually could utilize the whole maps with out these stupid, trivial inconviences that make no sense and bring absolutely nothing to the zombies experience except frustration and anger and lessoning the desire to actually play zombies. The fog, which it creates no character impairment besides not being able to see the map, should clear when and if a player completes the Tower of Babbel easter egg, which i have. As for the fetuses and the lava, there should be a perk making an individual immune to one or the other. I hate them both and would prefer lava immunity because the galvaknuckles definitely help with the fetuses or denizens.

10)No mic = No dice. Success in zombies is entirely dependant on the communication of the team if youre not playing solo. If you dont have a mic then you are going to have a potentially bad zombs experience all the time. It does not require further explanation.

Proposition: install a new search preference that will match you only with people with mics, should that be your preference. The connection preference mechanic is pointless and not functional. I wait the same amount of time for a lobby with any setting in place.

11) Little Kids

Not much 3arc can do but i cannot ******* stand playing with kids. Its not even because they suck and sometimes(rarely) i can wrap my head around their squeaky voices but the fact is there always comes a time where they parents force the kid off the game for whatever the reason(dinner, bedtime, etc) and we will be in the 20s then everyone gets ****** out of a potential new record. The game is rated M, i really have no clue what they could do about this but if you are a little kid reading this: you're better off not using a mic and crossing your fingers that people arent paying attention when the match starts.

felt good to get that out there regardless if anyone from treyarch reads it, a lot of people i play with on zombs share very similar views and i always hear complaints about these issues not only on live but the forums as well.

I LOVE ZOMBIES, and the good news is that it's not completely ****** up yet like the multiplayer. It is the last real innovation to the franchise, a zombies experience completely unique and never seen before. I did not care for zombs in WaW but BO1 converted me forever. I bought into the Black Ops franchise soley because of one map: Ascension. I like that they tried something new with Tranzit but obviously needs some serious tweaking in order to speed up the pace of the game( it should never take more than an hour to reach round 15). I am not god, i do not dictate all that should and should not be with Call of Duty zombies but i do feel like these are valid points and if you don't believe me then you don't play nearly as much zombies as i do. I don't mean that in regards to skill or basic understanding of my post; i mean that you haven't talked to as many people and heard the same things over and over and over and over again.

Call of Duty as a whole makes way too much money to be using the same engine since 2006, that's right it is all the same CoD4 base engine but with different lighting. The progression of multiplayer has ended, there is no where they can go that they would want to risk going. This leaves us with zombies to provide fresh and new experiences in the CoD universe. key is to progress not regress, so when the sequel to a mode is released it should bare all the original traits of that mode(in this case, leaderboard highest round tracking despite someone leaving and the lobby leaderboard function in general) and improve on those features. Bo1 zombs plays better and smoother than BO2 zombies, for reasons beyond my knowledge.

Anyway I figure i'll get a decent amount of responses and i'll be honest; i'm not gonna reply to all of them. if you disagree and make a valid, reasonable arguement i will discuss with you. personal attacks and matters of opinion, i will not engage in discussion.

• Re: What HAS to happen with BO2 Zombies

One more addtion to the mic thing: Ban party chat from public matches of Zombies on BO2. we dont need ten people talking at the same time when we only care about the three other individuals in the game with us have to say. I don't care what your friends are doing in minecraft, i'm playing with you in zombies and your voice is the one the matters. Not to mention people consistently talking over one another

Why don't you not join their party and tell them to come into game chat, or find a different lobby...simple solution.

why have party chat at all? why even have to convince someone to join game chat in a game that requires teamwork and communication?

i just think it'd be better if they werent allowed and its not like they couldnt update their playlist to exclude matchmaking, they've done it in multiplayer and now the zombies mode runs on the multiplayer engine...... so it's pretty reasonable to assume that it can be done and it should. party chats make every game more laggy, idc who you are or what your internet speed is. your "simple solution" is what i've been doing the entire time... not to be a **** but this aint my first rodeo when it comes to zombies and the fact you would suggest something that is common reflex for most is kinda insulting to me.there's no solid arguement to allow party chat in public matches. if you want to be in a party with 30 of your friends then play custom games.

Yes, it probably would be better without it, but the fact that your in a forum complaining about it makes me believe you don't do the simple solution enough to not even care about it...

dude everytime i play and get in a lobby with party chatters i give them 30-60 seconds to get into game  chat, this includes sending a polite message

if i get in a lobby with anyone playing without a mic i wait 30-60 seconds then leave

your "simple solution" consists of hitting two buttons. i typed a whole thesis(as the guy below put it) about what they should improve on, but hey i only hear these complaints every time i play pretty much\

thank you for replying at least, and i mean it. put a decent amount of time into the OP, not nearly as much as playing zombs tho:)

Video-Game-Hero-

a zombies thesis very nice

3) It's nice to see your kills/down, even if you do have to work your way down.

6) Subjective.

8) Wrong.

9) Fog - console constraints

The rest I don't have any problem with/agree with, especially number 5.

console constraints is irrelevant, the consoles they are currently developing for have been out damn near ten years, if they haven't figured out how to properly utilize the console, then they shouldnt be developing games for it.

6) is completely subjective, but at the same time.... have you heard of any of the bands that have songs in zombie maps? excluding A7X and Eminem obviously.

8) is not wrong, maybe the idea of getting rid of these modes may disagree with you, the fact of the matter is that these are the least popular game modes in zombies. not as low as Dead Ops Arcade but still i've rarely seen grief exceed 2,000 people nor turned exceed more than 500. if its not popular, its not popular. Now what they should've done in additional to making the Diner available for play outside of tranzit is add a survival mode to it, sure its small but so is the bus depot, town, and farm so thats not really an excuse.

very agreed on the ability to "see" your downs and deaths, i just dont think there should be leaderboards for them. it should just show in your stats.

Another thing i've been thinking about that i didn't include in my OP was penalties for quitters. They should be severe and vary based on which round you leave after.

I didnt give this too much thought but here's something off the top of my head:

before 15: lose blue eyes if u have them, 2 hash marks, and a 10 minute ban from public matches

after 15: everything above but include 5 hash marks, and a 30 minute ban from public matches

after 20 and before 30: complete derank with loss of blue eyes and hash marks, 1 hour ban from public matches

after 30 and before 40: everything above except a full day ban from public matches

after 40: rank reset to bone, a week ban from public matches

However if someone lags out or for reasons beyond their control couldnt stay connected to the game, would be exempt from the penalties

Another idea, if someone is a repeat quitter instead of blue eyes they should be given yellow eyes to caution people that they are in a lobby with a frequent quitter. as for when it would kick in i would say multiple quits after round 15.

This may seem harsh but if you are like me then you have definitely been ****** over by a rage quitter and had your potential highest round leaderboard forfeited. No more, there needs to be penalties. Zombies is not a mode where you pick up the control and say  "****, i got 15 mins til I have to go somewhere, ill play a quick round of zombies" then proceed to join a public match where people are trying to devote hours to get to high rounds. if someone really wants a quick game they know they will have to leave, make a custom game or play solo. it's not fair to those who aren't commited to the same things you are have to suffer because your requirement to fulfill the obligation that you knew you had coming even though you decided to join a public match. i would suggest having a separate "quick game" playlist but the playlists are deluted as it is and barely anyone plays zombies anyway so i dont think that idea would be practical

TrickyDickNix420 wrote:

console constraints is irrelevant, the consoles they are currently developing for have been out damn near ten years, if they haven't figured out how to properly utilize the console, then they shouldnt be developing games for it.

It's not irrelevant. Your complaining about fog, fog is in the game because of console constraints. A lot of games on consoles have things such as texture popping and low frame rate, maybe they should stop developing also and substantially reduce the selection we have.

6) is completely subjective, but at the same time.... have you heard of any of the bands that have songs in zombie maps? excluding A7X and Eminem obviously.

No, haven't looked them up in case I do know any of them either. It doesn't matter if I know them or not, having a popular band/artist does not automatically make the song good. Although some are better than others, I've enjoyed every zombie songs so far (on the maps I've played).

8) is not wrong, maybe the idea of getting rid of these modes may disagree with you, the fact of the matter is that these are the least popular game modes in zombies. not as low as Dead Ops Arcade but still i've rarely seen grief exceed 2,000 people nor turned exceed more than 500. if its not popular, its not popular. Now what they should've done in additional to making the Diner available for play outside of tranzit is add a survival mode to it, sure its small but so is the bus depot, town, and farm so thats not really an excuse. co

You said because turned and grief have the least amount of players they 'dilute the playlist making it hard to find matches for real zombies'. Right now the number of players in all grief modes and turned is 13% of the green run total. This is not including the 10,000+ people playing on Die Rise and the 13% was rounded up, yet 13% is still a pretty small percentage, I'm sure it doesn't make it that hard for you to find matches.

I agree that they could've made diner a survival map too and 3arc could've made the downs in turned not count toward leaderboards, or something along those lines but that does not mean it has to go.

It's ironic that while your here voicing out what you want to be done, you don't mind screwing over the people that really enjoy grief and turned.

very agreed on the ability to "see" your downs and deaths, i just dont think there should be leaderboards for them. it should just show in your stats.

Another thing i've been thinking about that i didn't include in my OP was penalties for quitters. They should be severe and vary based on which round you leave after.

Lol I forgot you can simply see it next to your name, still some people probably wouldn't know that a boxing glove meant downs as it doesn't say what they are, do they?...

I also agree quitter should face consequences. I've been screwed over plenty of times. But I think there should a limit, and not just getting penalised straight away. I like the idea of the emblem changing to notify a rage quitter though.

still have to argue about the console restraints, and they would not have to reduce their map sizes i.e. Ascension, Moon, Call of the Dead are all HUGE maps. Die Rise comes close but no other map does.

Tranzit is probably bigger than any zombs map before, but what's the use on creating a giant map you can't see through? besides that when I hear things like console restraints I think about games like GTA4 and other open world games... you can see pretty far out if not the entire map so i don't think console restraints is a good excuse, it's just cover for lazy developing. I would be happy if the rest of the zombs maps that come out are Ascension sized and not as big as Tranzit because I would rather be able to fully utilize the map as soon as I get the doors open.

Shredder2468

Mate, I doubt ANYONE on these forums is at LEAST. AT LEAST 15+. Little kids (13 and under) wouldn't/shouldn't be on these forums in the first place.

well i guess you can never really know for certain but i could care less where they are and what they are doing, as long as they stay the **** outta my zombie lobbies lol

Shredder2468

Agreed. But whenever I play COD:WAW Custom Zombies, there are ALWAYS (usually) Adults. WE SHOULD ALL GET COD:WAW FOR E PC. There are SOOOOOOO many more maps in that game (in custom zombies that is). AND THERE IS ONLINE MULTIPLAYER TOO.

dude i totally would i just do not have a pc for gaming, although i'm considering building a computer depending on how expensive these next gen consoles are.

i do like the idea of custom maps tho, it would be incredible if you could do that on consoles but i genuinely doubt there will ever be a call of duty that enables you to make your own maps. obviously you can mod pc versions but i think it would be interesting to see what maps people can create.

treyarch should probably just make their next dlc all zombies with at least five new maps being added. then it would be even with BO1 dlc schedule if you got the hardened edition(which is worthless for BO2). if this happened i would probably never come back to the forums, only reason im here is because im so ******* bored with BO2 and all other call of duty games. can't find amusement in a broken game and yes BO2 is broken.

idk i just feel like i give these companies gobs of cash, not to mention the money i gave to activision from the Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero franchises. and the other extreme sports games they released, they dont care about quality they just want a new product on the shelves every november despite it being properly developed and tested

If I could change the search criteria to over 18 yrs old and with a mic I wouldn't have to search for 2 hours for a match. My best game was 2 players where we had a friend join as a third with a split screen and back out as the map started. Really wish leader boards still counted when the noob leaves in rd 20 and the kid goes to bed/eats dinner in round 24.

I miss the leader boards from black ops 1 where you could see how far the randoms have survived. There are a lot of people with skulls that still don't know their way around tranzit.

This has to be the longest op in Zombies forum history.

Im about to read it now and i will post again....

In response to your 2nd point. You can set up a 2 or 3 player game by using an easy trick.  It is easier for me to link my video then to explain the trick. 

SmallFace

TrickyDickNix420 wrote:

10)No mic = No dice. Success in zombies is entirely dependant on the communication of the team if youre not playing solo. If you dont have a mic then you are going to have a potentially bad zombs experience all the time. It does not require further explanation.

That just isnt true at all. I do agree with the search pref thing because tbh, like shotguns, Im yet to have a single good experience with anybody using a mic. those that do never know what they are doing, they think they do, but they dont. the person(s) on mic is always the first down and almost always has the most amount of downs at the end.

Ive had three people on mics, who stuck together screaming at me, telling me the same crap you wrote there and while I went off on my own and they were all dead, "oh communication is the key" lmfao, they are ******* zombies, you run circles round and win. you do not need any real team work to win, just people that are not going to troll you and use a little bit of common sense.

Other than the subject of mics, I agree with everything else you said.

i'm not saying you will be garaunted a good lobby if you have a mic, but if you take ten mins you can usually find people who have hit puberty, have a mic, dont scream, and know what the **** is up.... but at the same time it also comes down with dealing with people which is another discussion in of itself. sucks you got **** lobbies but i can honestly say it's better when you have a good team that works cooperatively(which means making comprimises or trying new ****) and communicates well. everytime i've been to the 30s/40s its been with all people who had mics. besides that if you have friends who play zombies; there you go. it's hard to find a good game but not having mic can impair your ability to let your teammates know when you need help(for whatever reason) and when your teammates need your help, and to manage the walker at the end of the round to resupply.

I agree, I have had some GOD AWFUL lobbies with mic trolls who act like hitler, but like i said it comes with xbox live and the ability to talk which is insanely helpful when trying to get to higher rounds. i have had a few(vary rare) successful games when i played with one or two individuals without mics but theres always at least one other person besides me who has a mic.

mikeboy30

good luck getting all these ideas

JEadz

Mostly aweful ideas tbh.

someone asking to have less game modes is just simply absurd.

You're complaining about Randomers essentially, make friends or ask to group up on here, simple solution.

no fog / denizens on Green Run Tranzit would make it super easy, even if it is more to do with console restraints.

im not complaining about "randomers" and essentially from your response i can deduce you havent read the entire thread: replies included.

Tranzit is super easy.................................... it just takes way too damn long to get the game going.

make friends? have i not already stated that i play with my friends over randoms if people are online? i have.

idk why people use "simple solution" so much. everyone who has used that expression in this thread has obviously not considered how simple their solutions really are(yours is just dumb and insulting) and that fact its completely unnecessary to post them. oh i can make friends on XBL and play with them? holy ****  i had no idea(sarcasm)

come on man.... all these ideas seem terrible? fixing the leaderboards, adding more zombies dlc, different matchmaking for lobby sizes, etc are all things that are great ideas and simple solutions for treyarch.

if you are going to reply put some ******* thought into it please, i definitely didnt type up the OP in 30 seconds so you should take more time to read the entire discussion then post a productive reply.

only reason i replied because you advised making friends..... are you ******* kidding me? LOLOLOLOL god man, does my OP signal I am a noob at video games in general? because its really thought out for someone who in your eyes in considered amateur enough to not realize they can make friends online and play with them

whats even sadder is that you propose i ask people on here? simple solution:matchmaking, finding people in public matches.

come on man, youre on the cod forums at 8am and this is the response you give to an elaborate article? whatever

saying ideas are terrible is not constructive and just insulting to the time i put into the OP. like you can see, I rarely come on these forums and this OP was my first post ever. I play them and would rather be doing that than on here arguing with someone who clearly doesnt play enough zombies or has only played BO2 zombies

RichardSoSoft

you have a knife dont you tricky?

karnage3508

we are in the same boat in music. me being in a thrash metal band i wanna hear some good music while playing.

Taz-MrT3R-

I'll be honest I did not read the whole first thread (Maybe a paragraph)

My Two cents are

1-It's a new game. Deal with it.

2. You want Black Ops 1 zombies, play Black Ops 1.

Cheers,

Taz