9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 11:48 PM by the1andonlyIKY RSS

Select Fire and Playstyles

BlackMetroid95

Yesterday I was playing a match on Overflow with my M8A1. I was doing pretty good, i had a final score of 26-3. After the match, i was talking to a player who was telling me that i should use Select Fire on my gun instead of using my KAP-40 secondary, he said it would help my score alot. I refused, i because like using the normal function of a gun + its a wasted attachment slot imo. But, i did try it afterwards- it was quite a improvement, but i ultimately chose burst mode. Thoughts? How do you guys feel about Select Fire? Also, what playstyle do you think fits you? Camper? Rusher? Defensive? Objective? Just out of curiousity

• Re: Select Fire and Playstyles
    LuRcHED

I just earned the gold camo on the M8A1 today. I also was using the Kap-40 as my secondary until I had to earn my bloodthirsty kills. I never used Select Fire attachement during my whole time with the AR. I did however use it during my final stages on the Chicom. It was recommended by an ally and with full-auto, it was a killing machine. I consider myself and rusher and defensive player. Defensive meaning I would hold down a good spawn area or flank the enemy.

codcanuck

I'm a rusher, which is why I have Select Fire on the M8A1. What I do is have the default burst-fire when patrolling a street or something, then switch to full-auto when storming a building. It works pretty good.

TheGiantHit

I am typically a rusher but when I play with the M8A1, I tend to play more defensively. My loadouts usually consist of Hardline, Scavenger, Toughness, and Dexterity along with the equipment, C4 and EMP or Smoke. What I find best with the M8A1 is to use Stalk and the blue reticle on the Reflex Sight. Works great for defending flags on Domination and great for waiting for someone to run over a dogtag in Kill Confirmed.

nintendon't

I don't really like Select Fire. To me it seems like it just turns Semi/Burst guns into crappy full auto guns and full auto guns into crappy burst guns.

Like why waste a point turning the Scar into a weaker Swat or the M8A1 into a weaker Type 25 when you could save it and just use the SWAT/Type instead?

infinitlag

If I want to use a semi auto, I will use a semi auto. If I want to use a fully auto, then I will use a fully auto.

I find it the same with having 2 Ar classes. I will always use one of them and not the other, meaning that I waste a class. If I use fully auto on a M8, why not just use a M27?

like2nap03

I like select fire.  I do better with full auto most of the time anyway and I find it much easier to get my headshots when using select fire.  I never use it on full auto ARs.  I might try it on an SMG.  IDK.

I getting good at camping or playing defensively with the burst/semi-auto ARs, but I don't like that.  I like to run and gun so I switch to full auto.

BlackMetroid95

Heh, I like to run and gun myself, but with burst weapons, I feel like the burst delay allows a small period for me to adjust my aim if it calls for it. On that note, I'd call myself a rusher. I like to run ghost, coldblooded and suppressor= undetectable on radar, and that helps with my offensive play style. Maybe I should do what you do and be more defensive. Maybe even use that select fire. If it works so well for you guys it should be good for me too.

Try using the AN 94 select fire. It turns into a 2 burst, but those first 2 bullets fire the fastest. There's not much burst delay at all, and it kills super quick. If your timing is good, you can almost make it fire full auto at 900 rpm!

the1andonlyIKY

in my opinion select fire has helped me a lot. i think its a subconscious thing but i could not get the fire rate right before using it on burst/semi autos. then after i used those guns with select fire for a while and prestiged them i was just fine cuz i could time my trigger finger right