35 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2014 7:24 AM by wlishire RSS

Cheaters, Hackers, Modders, etc

May I have your attention please! I'm sick of the cheating.. the mod programs like "aim-bot" the hardware used like lag switches. and most of all... I pay good money for my internet connection so I shouldn't be used by the trey-arc servers and other online gamers to compensate for weak connections of my peers. I swore to NOT buying another call of duty game what so ever because of black ops 1's poor gaming community, simply because i feel trey-arc isn't taking the hackers and cheaters seriously enough. Black ops 2.. is obviously a modern warfare /black ops 1 combo. yes I'm sure that the programmers and the graphics department did some work. But that still doesn't stop the fact within one week the cheaters began to run free on PS3 and XBox online. I promise you this. I am no longer am a supporter of trey-arc much less the useless crap entitled "Call of Duty." I don't see spending MY! hard earned money any longer on something that brings frustration instead of enjoyment. To the creators of this game I say thank you for your intended efforts, but I'm sad to say they were all in vane due to weak the servers, and the huge amount of dis-honest people in the gaming community yet again.  My money by itself I'm sure will not damage the bottom line for this franchise.  But I assure you me and my crew will not be buying anything activison or trey-arc again. I just cannot support poor craftsmanship.

• Re: Cheaters, Hackers, Modders, etc
    maccabi

theres no aimbots ect.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

How can you tell if your enemy is using an aim bot? I'm really curious.

Rednecksniper39

The only cheaters you will run into are the occasional boosters and the rare modded controllers. There are not hackers, modders, lag switches or aimbots in every game. The only thing you might see is a lag switch and that is very very rarely. You will not see hackers or aimbots on Xbox. Stop making excuses for your inability to do well in the game.

PerEverto13

You know aimbots are only on PC right? Also lag switches arent near as frequent as you suggest...

Ahh poor cry baby, you just suck.....I get told all the time I have a modded controller because i turn around to fast when me and a enemy run past each and I turn and shoot them first lmao just cause I raised my sensitivity on my sticks.....Granted is there some ppl out their with same damn lag switches u bet ur ass but I have yet to see one person with aimbot on Xbox atleast....

If u want proof someone is cheating go back and watch the vid of ur last match and follow the person around that u think is cheating u and name that video and report there ass if they are.....its what i do, and I usually just use for stupid cheating boosters...

starbuckfrack

First the game doesnt run on servers, IF hackers were in the game they would run modded lobbies off of their own Xbox which is basically "the server".

Those that might run hacked lobbies of the game are very quickly caught and banned. Very likely there are 1 out of 10 thousand that run modded lobbies and are soon banned.

As for cheaters dont blame the company, blame the cheaters themselves. They will soon get caught and banned. There are cheaters in EVERY game on Xbox Live so are you going to stop playing them all ?

BTW anyone reading this. The poster is spamming the forums with the same post over and over again.

Sharted1ce

its not an aimbot its a mechanic in the game called aim assist. ypu have it as well and can turn it off in the options menu. differemt guns have different aim assist ranges that pull your crosshairs toward the enemy. the only modding you will see is jtagged xboxes and they are rare because they get permabanned quick. as for modded controllers, unless someone is using one thst can be adjusted by individual gun fire rate as to not hit the fire cap or go over it (gun will not shoot if max fire rate is exceeded, or it will fire as fast as the fire rate allows for a few bullets and then gun will jam) and those are expensive as hell and ppl using them tend to get reported quickly as well. for example the fal can theoretically shoot at 625rpm at 60fps non select fire, if someone were usimg a modded controller there would be no hesitation or very literally burst delay between shots if they set the controller to shoot at 624rpm, it would fire faster than select fire with no recoil or pause. only way to possibly tell is kill that person and pick up there gun. granted there are ppl with fast trigger fingers but its very rare they can consistently space the shots perfectly at the that fire rate.

belly120

anyone who doesn't beleive this game has hacks is mental!!!!!

go to google and type black ops 2 hacks to see them!!!!!!! or go on you tube and watch thunder or minasota burns vids on the hacks.  WHY ARE PEOPLE SO NAIVE ON THIS FORUM!!!!

starbuckfrack

Can you actually PROVE you have aimbots in your game ? ONLINE on your xbox ?

We are not talking about the 1 second video clips that SEEM like aimbots, nor are we talking about the 1000s of fake videos on youtube that are from PC games or permanently offline Xboxes.

I can google UFOs does that make then real ?

For YEARS we have been waiting for ONE real video of a guy playing 30 seconds straight of aimbots yet we have yet to see a single one.

maccabi

belly120 wrote:

anyone who doesn't beleive this game has hacks is mental!!!!!

go to google and type black ops 2 hacks to see them!!!!!!! or go on you tube and watch thunder or minasota burns vids on the hacks.  WHY ARE PEOPLE SO NAIVE ON THIS FORUM!!!!

nearly EVERY google result for console based aimbots ect will end up with a link to a trojan file.

as for the youtubers you mentioned just because a yt'er who hasnt got a clue what they are talking about posts something doesnt make it true it just shows that the majority of people on youtube are idiots.

we arent naive, we know what we are talking about.

*I will add there is a couple of videois by thunder that do show actual hacks, BUT they are the result of a jtagged xbox thunders camo video for example, which is out of the control of the devs, BUT anyone who goes online with a jtag gets banned almost immediately its registered on the first party system...

but kinda werd isnt it how most of us have played for years and never seen a single jtag hack (excluding mw2) yet these big youtubers seems to find people using them nearly daily it seems

belly120

ah come on man not daily, thunder only found 2 which are blatant and on xbox and yes probably jtagged.  MW3 was hacked in 45 minutes of release, trojans are surely part and parcel of any dodgy internet bizzle so they get what they deserve however to pretend that hacked controllers etc are not the norm is simply naive as is boosting and exploiting, with a community this large it is simply impossible for all of them to be honourable and upstanding gents like us. 

go look on ebay there are hacked controllers everywhere

starbuckfrack

belly120 wrote:

ah come on man not daily, thunder only found 2 which are blatant and on xbox and yes probably jtagged.  MW3 was hacked in 45 minutes of release, trojans are surely part and parcel of any dodgy internet bizzle so they get what they deserve however to pretend that hacked controllers etc are not the norm is simply naive as is boosting and exploiting, with a community this large it is simply impossible for all of them to be honourable and upstanding gents like us. 

We arent asking about HACKED CONTROLLERS.

We are asking about AIMBOTS.

So what if someone can mod the color green in a game. I can easily mod my Avatar a different color. Sure I will get banned.

Do you have proof of an ONLINE MOD ?

maccabi

belly120 wrote:

nice start to backtracking..

but end of the day

there is NO aimbots

thunders videos are jatagged and so rare its not worth mentioning

and yes there are lots of modded controllers... go buy one and use it online see how long you last before a perma ban comes in..

EVERY video game gets hacked or exploited cod is no different. But running around doing chicken little impressions isnt going to work as we can see the sky is fine

Bielsalmighty

Thunder 'found' 2 Jtaggers. Whoop de doo, theres cheaters everywhere now! I haven't seen a single one and I've been playing consistently since MW2.

Modded controllers, meh. I've been accused of such, sure my trigger finger is quick, but not inhumanly so. My hands are also pretty flexible and retain good co-ordination in strange positions. I dont make a habit of it, but I can pull off a dropshot without switching to tactical or taking my thumb off the right stick. Its awkward, sure, but its saved me a few times

They exist. I caught one of them on Black Ops 1. Its in my file share. They have the ability to use Auto-**** and pull all characters to the middle of the map and just spray them down. You can't do much other than leave the game or dashboard.

Sharted1ce

thats a a vac hack from a jtagged xbox or hacked ps3 not the game itself. they get banned just about immediately as soon as they are discovered

Then you be put on a 5 minute probation pierod. Lol

Bielsalmighty

So you've found one hacker in an up-to-date monitored game in how much playtime across all titles? And you are the only one who has come across it. They are extremely uncommon to come across, period.

Also, connectivity can give the impression of a modded controller. A momentary lag spike can push shots together and make them sound fishy. I watched back a match where I was accused of having a rapid fire controller at the start of a gun game when I spammed my pistol at someone. Theatre certainly did not show what I saw on my screen, heard from my TBs or what my finger did; 2 of my shots were pushed inhumanly close to one another.

Wraggaman

There are most definitely a lot of cheats.  Doesn't matter how they are cheating, cheating is cheating.  I am admittedly a poor player, but still really enjoy playing.  Lately though the amount of cheats is verging on ridiculous and takes away from what is otherwise a fun pass time for players.

To all those who are simply gifted, I tip my hat, consider yourselves lucky.  To Activision and Trey-Arc, well, it can't be easy.  For every fix there are far more cheats created that need patching, I'm sure. 

Some of the replies toward cheats seem very reluctant to acknowledge the fact.  Makes you wonder ....

Brutalkillshots

There won't be a problem with Aimbots unless they become infectable and I'm sure Treyarch would get it patched fairly quickly .

As for Jtags they're rare and hard to do ! You need to be cleaver ! Lol and why would anyone waste a couple of hundred bucks to cheat for a few hours using an Aimbot? ,they wouldn't they would do prestige lobbies etc and charge for them to recoup some money. But why would anyone do that when you can do it you're self ? This game has ALOT of glitches ! 

iivrruummii

Compared to MW2, there is no cheaters.

I ran into a lag switcher today and he sucked at it..there are modded controlers all over this game...just go to evil controlers web site and check it out..100 percent undetected thats what they say...

starbuckfrack

wolfpackusmc wrote:

I ran into a lag switcher today and he sucked at it..there are modded controlers all over this game...just go to evil controlers web site and check it out..100 percent undetected thats what they say...

Sure believe the people selling you the controller.

Only weak players blame "everyone" for using a modded controller.

Maybe its the game fault as well why you lose.

Definitely not your fault. You are perfect and do nothing wrong.

By the way I no of 9 people on my friends list that have mods... they had them for around 4 years now and they got them from evil controllers. I no they have to send them in once in while and get them updated. They still play everyday and not banned..I think they only use the rapped fire mode.they all have 2 and 3 k/d's must be working for them..they have over 315000 likes on facebook and thats just one company..there is about five or 6 companies out that sell mods..so I would guess about 10 or 15 precent of cod players have mods.

darkplaces28

There are no aim bots on console. There have been lag switchers but they are not as prevelant as they were in black ops 1 because people are quick to report them. It's too obvious when a person is lag switching. Activision/Treyarch are quick to perma ban people for lag switching so you don't see many people doing it. As far as cheating goes the only ones I've seen are posted by Thunder402, but I've never personally ran into any.

Before you claim someone is a cheater, hacker, lag switcher, stop and take a quick look at the leaderboard. Does everyone have random connections? Are they stable? It could just be a bad host. Lag switching is easy to spot because everyone but the host will go to 1 bar and freeze in place.

Before you claim aimbot think about aim assist and the fact that people have really good headsets. I can turn on someone just from hearing footsteps coming up behind me. That doesn't mean it's an aimbot.

wlishire

Guys their is such thing as aimbot in black ops 2 i for one used to mod with a jtag and yes you can get aimbot the menu is called iron wolf thats got aimbot but when i use to mod it was fun like flying around exploring i never did anything to cause upset or to rank up on leaderboreds but i dont mod no more i play legit if you guys go and check out the zombie learderbored you will see some idoit who is advtizing is website at the top on the leaderbored its stupid they put the round to like 644 so none could beat it :@ (I cant spell well sorry guys)