8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2013 3:55 PM by scoop121578 RSS

Mob of The Dead - "The Cycle" Explained (Not Purgatory)

TZ_Streamline

The Cycles are fog cycles that San Fransisco gets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh19Rha7ao0

• Re: Mob of The Dead - "The Cycle" Explained (Not Purgatory)
    scoop121578

no the cycle achivement is simple its get the parts to the plane and build it then fly to the bridge then kill yourself with the electric chairs u respawn back in the begining area with your guns and perks and repeat that 2 more times as doing it 1 time counts as 1 cycle. the map is a paradox you are stuck in one big time loop.

xMisfitxx

Yeah like Brock and Gary where stuck on repeat in Shangri-la.

overlandpark

I really think you're wrong scoop the story does not repeat itself, why would they need to escape the island multiple times? I think that the fog idea is oretty reasonable but I just don't think yours is right...I guess we will just have to wait and see.

scoop121578

nope u will see tuesday. motd is a paradox thats why there's one trophy/achivement called "pop goes the weasel" its for breaking the cycle. everytime u used the electric chairs u respawn back from where u started from with your perks and pap weapons how else would everyone get back from the golden gate bridge. it is kinda like no man's land on the moon map. its the whole accept your fate begin anew thing richtofen said in die rise.

thats why it's a trophy/achivement its for something u earned doing a task which isnt normal in the game thats the reason behind trophy/achivements for games.

quiksandpull

what about games where players dont ever get off the island and never get to the bridge. how is that a time paradox. man i suggest we stop throwing out nonsense ideas until the game is out. and pop goes the weasel I thought was involved with Arthur himself

scoop121578

what the trophy/achivement description for pop goes the weasel "in mob of the dead break the cycle." what is a cycle doing something over and over again. the trophy/achivement name could just be a nod to mob movies when they play "pop goes the weasel" in some of the movies since they involed gangsters too.

the reason i call it a paradox we know we have to escape the island by building the plane we get to the bridge there are 4 electric chairs that u could kill yourself and respawn back in the cell block. if u want to upgrade a different gun u have to build the plane again i guess and go back to the bridge to upgrade, then electric chair. thats a complete cycle.

and some people wont do that because they wont even make it to round 10 or rage quit when brutus locksdown the box or perks. it suck for them but it is what it is.

der riese was a paradox too thats why the time on the clock was always broke and went 1 minute back and forward in time.

Message was edited by: scoop121578

xMisfitxx

May not be exactly right, but it makes more sense than some of the other ideas I've seen posted.

And it would go with the whole afterlife thing they added.

Message was edited by: xMisfitxx