34 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 5:00 PM by infinitlag RSS

Ideas for Next COD

LastShadowCOD
  • Customize Characters - Not so much as ME3, but man, woman, big, small, fat, bald, busty, etc. - and only if it won't add lag.
  • Neverending Prestige - Why does leveling up stop at the highest prestige? They should have the Master Prestige level keep going - up to 9999.
  • Prestige rewards - besides permanent unlocks - something else - a new gun, another perk (add 1 or 2 more at varous levels), camo, scorestreak, something to keep the players interested. Make it fair and not unbalanced, but give some kind of reward.
  • Emblem on Jackets - You can put it on your gun - why not on the back of your jacket/vest?
  • Colored Rankings on Final Scoreboard - TDM (for instance) is ranked by Score Per Minute but it shows nowhere on the final stats (not even the time elapsed so you can figure it out). KDR is good to see, but if you rank by SPM - show SPM. Also, a quick glance at the final stats should show KDR and SPM as Green (if you're above), Yellow (if around your rank), and Red (if you fall below a certain percentage of your rank). Most players want to kill the best players and would like to see if they did a good job or vice versa.
  • KDR and Stats for Guns on "Create-a-Class" - you should be able to see the gun stats (and on tacticals) when you're building a class.
  • Expandable Maps - New areas of the map should be unlocked every quarter or so. I guess if there is too big a map players don't find each other, but then perhaps close off old portions of the map? A lot of this game is finding spots to snipe from or sit. It would be great to change the gameplay by simply opening up balconies or rocks and whatnot.

Those are just a few ideas...

• Re: Ideas for Next COD
    Padiego

I would say destroy mlg and make stats nonexistant. People care too much about stats and that encourages boosting, cheating, etc.

i_betrayed_xbox

"KDR and Stats for Guns on "Create-a-Class" - you should be able to see the gun stats (and on tacticals) when you're building a class."

That was in Blops 1.  I wish they brought it back. =(

that would be awesome if you can customize characters...or at the very least have female soliders. That would be awesome, but it pains me tat peoplewould probably violate that option..and i do mean in the way your thinking :/

i_betrayed_xbox

Multiplayer female characters work fine in Halo.

I know, but there is arguably a..how should i put this without being flamed more mature, audience on halo. There are alot of dirty people on black ops 2, i was once playing a match 1v1 with some dude and he took me in the back alley in slums and asked, instead of us shooting each other, to have...you know. i left immediately. theres some sick people in this game...

Padiego

MORE MATURE AUDIENCE IN HALO ROFL. AND CATS CAN FLY RIGHT? Even the tomb raider fanbase has a more mature audience than halo. Of course, I may be wrong, having only played the last halo on xbox live and colombian bootleg halo...but from my experience, they're as messed up as the cod community, if not worse. Even the mh community, which is mature, nice and helpful is inmature when it comes to women characters. When asked why male players chose female avatars, most of them said it's because they like how the armor looks. Just more proof that even though the mh maybe the best, nicest and most helpful community on the wii u, they're still a bunch of pervs.

i_betrayed_xbox

Nah. I used to play Halo A LOT before getting in COD and there's definitely more little kids on Halo. The only weird thing on Halo is sometimes you run into weird guys pretending to be girls. =/  Otherwise it's no big deal.

Anyways Women are going to be fighting in combat soon in the army: http://news.yahoo.com/u-lift-ban-women-front-line-combat-jobs-003720946.html

COD should get with the times.

LastShadowCOD

The reason I bring this up is that it makes it easier to recognize specific enemies and friends. You don't have to remember their tag - just their look. 

OFCPaul1974

here are some ideas that might make me buy the next one!

1) a Cod that works on wii u in the UK

2) a Cod that has a developer (activision) that is honest with its consumers

3) a Cod that has no tactical inserts

4) a Cod that has balanced lag and hit detection no matter how good or poor your Internet is

5) a Cod that offers you the option to purchase extra maps if you want them or not

6) a Cod that is designed for the general public and not a small select professional players

7) a Cod that has no tiny maps

8) a Cod that does not allow spawn trapping

9) a Cod that offers balance on DA and wiimote controls

10) a Cod that is not a rehash of mw3, blops 2, blops 1

11) a Cod that has no quick scoping

12) a Cod that allows snipers the chance to snipe and not rely on quick scoping

13) a Cod that has balanced weapons and not reliant on SMG's

14) a Cod that works in the main from purchase without endless fixes which then break something else

15) a cod that has no team death match only hard core team death match

16) a Cod that is not a the poor mans version compared to xbox and 360!

17) a cod that is cheaper for wii u if it does not get the things xbox and 360 get

18) a cod that does not have cheats and boosters such as RAGE and castiel clowns

19) a cod that does not require me to list ways to improve a cod

20) a cod that makes people want to purchase a wii u version because of motion controls

OFCPaul1974 wrote:

compared to xbox and 360!

?????????????

Padiego

I think Paul's been drinking too much...

OFCPaul1974

me or old man pauly?? old man pauly keeps jobs going in the uk and europe with his investment in stella artois!

me? well in thinking i could get those things on my list would probably mean I have been drinking and not stopped EVER!

see my mistake in xbox and 360 oops but to be fair they are one of the same just with a different logo, even fanboys talk trash the same

imagine, the ps4 and 720 will strangley be identical too just with a different label..

PenguinAvenger

I don't know, at least a few of the things he stated would be possible if they would stop trying to mass produce a COD game every 12 months.  This is probably why the game is always a rehash with a bunch load of bugs and glitches.  I would rather have a great game that took a while to develop and complete, than this garbage they are offering us every year.

OFCPaul1974

it's a money monstor so they will keeo churning it out! look at EA with their Fifa series now at number 14+ as i forgot their are other fifa games that dont run by number!

I maybe barking mad in my list but to fair from reading this forum for years now these are the things most people moan about!

on another note did anyone see the comments made by DICE on motion controls? it was spun by the press to say they hate them and think they are gimmics! when you read what he said he feels if done right then they would include them in the BF series but until now they have had not reason! well we know its not coming to wii u (thanks EA) but this guy should speak with treyarch and IW to see how good motion controls can and are for FPS!

That is one reason alone I come back to COD and have to thank treyarch etc for believing in the benefits of motion controls. point shoot is for the way a FPS should be played!! my wiimote and nunchuck are set up like a light gun (think time crisis 2 for ps1) and its so much fun

PenguinAvenger

Motion Controls IS the only reason I play FPS.  Im not even sure at this point if I will get the next COD, but if it doesn't support motion controls I'm definitely not buying it. (This is assuming it comes out for the Wii U)  I don't know, I think people as consumers should control themselves.  If you are noticing they are producing the same crap over and over every year, instead of taking some time to actually create a great complete game, don't buy their friggen game.  You're not going to die if you don't play COD for a year.  Send a statement, when they notice they are not earning as much as they used to in the franchise, they will reconsider.

Edit: I do understand that a lot of the fan base of the game are minors who will buy whatever they release, seeing as they don't have to spend a dime on it, mommy and daddy will buy it for them.  That being said, the rest of us should still send a message.  (I'm not trying to tell you to boycott the game or anything, but at least wait a week or two after release and then determine if you think the game is ok for purchase.)

OFCPaul1974

Yeah i agree! COD every 2 years would give them time to take the bugs out get it working right! get beta testers in who sign an agreement not to leak the game! just give us a game that feels fresh and new that works!

Yeah FPS for me are only motion! if that stops I wont buy either twiddling knobs is not for me in such a quick reaction type game! I can play other types of games with knobs but not FPS games, maybe my age

May activision can start something else in they dont make COD using IW and treyarch to take turns so they can keep people employed and give us something new to play?

chad111

Ideas for Next COD

I had to say it (since nobody else did) -

how about some map packs!

infinitlag

LastShadowCOD wrote:

Neverending Prestige - Why does leveling up stop at the highest prestige? They should have the Master Prestige level keep going - up to 9999.

I can just see no life kids going to 9999 prestige.

wwaxdano

Yer Dont buy it unless they support black ops 2 I'm sick of the radio silence ffs give us a answer in regards to dlc or don't we matter enough to be supported

LastShadowCOD

I wonder what the overall sales total by console is?   I understand they gotta go where the money is, but if you don't cultivate new markets you won't expand sales and they'll become stagnant.

Padiego

160k, it's the 6th best selling game on the Wii U.

The first five are.....NintendoLand,NSMBU,ZombiU,MH3U and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. Two of those titles are getting DLC.......one is getting free weekly dlc......

LastShadowCOD

If that's the case - I would say give it time. It's hard to deal with new, unproven hardware along with a new version of software at the same time.

I just hope they continue with wiiu and wiimote support. I wouldn't own this game if I couldn't use a active motion controls.

bitterbub

LastShadowCOD wrote:

• Customize Characters - Not so much as ME3, but man, woman, big, small, fat, bald, busty, etc. - and only if it won't add lag.
    • Neverending Prestige - Why does leveling up stop at the highest prestige? They should have the Master Prestige level keep going - up to 9999.
    • Prestige rewards - besides permanent unlocks - something else - a new gun, another perk (add 1 or 2 more at varous levels), camo, scorestreak, something to keep the players interested. Make it fair and not unbalanced, but give some kind of reward.
    • Emblem on Jackets - You can put it on your gun - why not on the back of your jacket/vest?
    • Colored Rankings on Final Scoreboard - TDM (for instance) is ranked by Score Per Minute but it shows nowhere on the final stats (not even the time elapsed so you can figure it out). KDR is good to see, but if you rank by SPM - show SPM. Also, a quick glance at the final stats should show KDR and SPM as Green (if you're above), Yellow (if around your rank), and Red (if you fall below a certain percentage of your rank). Most players want to kill the best players and would like to see if they did a good job or vice versa.
    • KDR and Stats for Guns on "Create-a-Class" - you should be able to see the gun stats (and on tacticals) when you're building a class.
    • Expandable Maps - New areas of the map should be unlocked every quarter or so. I guess if there is too big a map players don't find each other, but then perhaps close off old portions of the map? A lot of this game is finding spots to snipe from or sit. It would be great to change the gameplay by simply opening up balconies or rocks and whatnot.

Those are just a few ideas...

Okay, first and foremost, I'll respond to the OP's ideas. Personally, I like most of the ideas you presented here, but some I just don't think would happen, but like I said: I like most of them. However, I believe you would need to go more into detail, perhaps specifically along ideas like what we can get after we Prestige. But, I still cannot agree with having a new killstreak available for your next Prestige right away (after you unlock "Create a Class"). Unless, they nerf killstreaks even more-so then they did in Black Ops 2 then it would work, but most killstreaks are too good, like the Stealth Chopper or the Swarm. And just basic killstreaks are very good, like the EMP, Attack Chopper, Pavelow and so on and so-fourth.

* Expandable Maps

Look, I would like bigger maps too, like the rough size of Modern Warfare 2 maps, but sections of the map that are earned as you progress? Nu-uh, I'm really, sorry but this is heading the wrong direction, I mean unless you divide it up into sections (so hypocritical of me huh?) and lobbies are divided accordingly. I think really the main problem with this would be it would just get too complicated and quickly.

*Never-Ending Prestige

I can't agree with this one, it's silly for a Prestige to never end, "In order for there to be a means to something, there must be an end." That idea completely disrupts this quote (I'm not sure who quoted it, but I remember that from something. . .), however I think there should be about ten Prestiges, and every week they should have an art contest to make the symbol for the next one, and that will be added to the list once a winner is chosen, or maybe once a month.

*Customization

Yes, yes, and yes. I agree with that completely, except the fact part... I mean if you're fighting a war and if you're in the military you probably shouldn't be fat . . .

LastShadowCOD

On expandable maps - I was thinking more on the line of new areas for the maps would be available to everyone after each successive quarter for a year or so (not by skill level). In other words - the map is created - you play on it, but perhaps it has different roads or streets, balconies, rooms, and so on that can't be accessed right away. Instead of completely new maps being offered by COD (which we don't get anyway), they simply unlock these restricted areas. If they do that a few times over the first year or so it would/may make the maps fresher. They don't have to do them all at once either. Think about one or two map restriction lifts per week.

I got this idea when I was playing on Yemen. Wouldn't it be great to have a few more rooms or balconies that a person could get to? Or a different route through the town? Or to be able to get into the superstructure of Carrier. Or another few spots on the windmills or rocks on Turbine.

Of course, if a person were to buy BO2 a year or so after initial release they would see no change because the maps would all be dealt out.

As far as Never Ending Prestige - it would only increment a number. Something to tell you (and others) how many times around the horn you've been. I know it keeps track of days played - but you gotta look it up.

Anyway...just thoughts.

Padiego

How about maps with weather? Say you pick a map and then the weather and time of day is randomly decided. Depending on the time of day and/or weather, certain parts of the map will be open or closed. Remember the xmas themed map in CoD4?

LastShadowCOD

A great idea -- sand storm, fog, rain, cloudy - it would make MMS more useful for some, make sniping less useful - as long as the weather wasn't compleley blinding.

Padiego wrote:

How about maps with weather? Say you pick a map and then the weather and time of day is randomly decided. Depending on the time of day and/or weather, certain parts of the map will be open or closed. Remember the xmas themed map in CoD4?

Its a good idea, but they have trouble already making what they have work properly as it is..

bitterbub

On the maps, part, I thought you were referring to "One group of players here, and one group of players in this other section". I think that would be a bit silly if they can't access each other.

LastShadowCOD

Sorry - I wasn't clear.

It's just that they must put a lot of work into map creation for this game. It would be nice if they could extend our experience by opening new areas. Sure - it wouldn't be new maps, but it would make it better.

chad111

all of your ideas have been noted, and will be installed to the xbox 360 with the next update to the game.

I want to see the next cod game have motion controlls for the xbox 360, activision can release their own version of the wii remote. Or, playstation move support, to be used like a wii remote.

infinitlag

You can run around and be fluro green.