45 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2013 3:16 AM by DeathBringer-Zen RSS

Stop the rank complaints

TEX_715

When I was young if there was any arguments between my siblings my father had the simple answer to stop all complaining, break whatever caused the issue (we let ourselves lose only one NES controller). But apply this to zombies rank by removing shotgun rank and we:

Stop glitchers from looking beast

Stop people from quiting out (as often) to preserve their stats

Maintain a system where you can still rank up and judge others skill; but without elietism

**Note: not hating on shotgunners... some of my friends who dont glitch or discriminate are at that rank and we have awesome fun games; but they could get by with a little knife picture just the same

• Re: Stop the rank complaints
    Cheesegrater28

Its Treyarchs fault. They should have realized that trying to implement a rank system that shows certain players are better was a bad idea. Zombies is all about teamwork. Making players worry about rank and stats ruins aspects of teamwork that were in the last game. Should have been something that was noticed right away when designing it.

CalamityCate_

If you're a legit solid player, you shouldn't have to worry about maintaining your rank. If the majority of your games are pretty good, there is no worry.

Cheesegrater28

It doesn't matter to me. I could care less if I was a skull rank. My main issue with the system is that it has an impact on how games are played since A lot of players are worried about stats. It seems like glitching and quitting are bigger problems this time around. And as I stated below, it's because there is a big enough portion of gamers that will do anything to get and keep a higher rank.

CalamityCate_

Spend a little more time in pre-game lobbys to make sure you're going to like the people you play with. Glitchers are easy to spot, most of the time they are proud of glitching, like it's an accomplishment.

I'm not worried about losing my shottys. I play well consistently. One really bad game isn't going to kill my rank, so there is no need for me to back out or freak out.

But what do you mean people play the game differently? They don't take many risks because they don't want to die? They are less likely to revive? What is different about their playing? Just because someone plays a little more cautiously doesn't mean they are less of a player than someone who runs around taking kills and running their trains through everyone elses.

Cheesegrater28

You're right, I don't spend any time in pre game lobby. I just ready up once I have four players, pretty much no matter what. I don't get a lot of time to play so I just want to get on and play when I can. And I personally don't care if people back out since I'm not too concerned about my stats or rounds. I just like getting on and playing.

But the issue with the rank system is that there are a lot of people who care way to much about it. We see a bunch each week that want to know how to reset their stats cause they went down too many times when they first started playing, so now they want to start fresh so they can rank up. This is the same mentality that a lot of players have. They are concerned about every stat. They don't want to pick someone up cause they might take an extra down trying. They need to get the sliquifier so they can get the most kills. In later rounds when things get a little chaotic, which is when some of the best gameplay takes place, they quit because they don't want to go down and then risk more downs trying to rebuild. Or they just quit out completely so they don't take a down at all.

A lot of the issues would happen in games anyway. But the rank system they have added encourages it, which seems to be the main reason why BO2 has more quitters and glitchers. At least in my experience in random lobbys. Yeah, good players don't need to worry about that stuff, but a lot of players aren't good. At least not the real shotgun good. But a lot will try anything to get them like they are gonna win money for doing it.

As you said about checking pre lobby, you could do that in BO1 with lobby stats. So they should have just kept that system instead. And I know you and I have been in conversations about the different ways they could have incorporated emblems that would have been better then this. Its just one of the many things they tried to add that they didn't put their full thought into.

LORD_GRRR

Elitism is unfortunately a human character trait that history has proven cannot be eradicated.  It will find its way into whatever ranking system they devise.  Even on BO1 I encountered plenty of people who felt entitled based on their high round lobby leaderboard.  They would scoff at anyone who had yet to surpass round 20. 

Discrimination will continue no matter what.  We have to elevate ourselves above it by making conscious choices not to discriminate or fuel others in their discrimination.

Zombiefaces

Truth.

Cheesegrater28

I agree. There's always going to really good players and there's always going to be people who want to talk and show off about being really good players. Even ones who arent. No matter what.

The problem with this system though is every game matters. So people are stingy about things every game. So when it gets hard, instead of taking a bunch of downs to keep the game going, players will quit or glitch cause they think the downs will hurt there rank. Or not pick someone up cause they might take a down. Or old a Sliquifier part cause they need it to boost their kills to get shotguns. People will do that stuff anyway, but the rank system promotes it for players who aren't as good as they want people to think.

In bo1, a player could glitch to 55 and talk about how great they were. Then they could play a game and the only thing that might make them quit was everyone telling them they really sucked. Now, they have to keep that lie they built up every game. Otherwise they will lose their rank.

LORD_GRRR

I hear you.  There was definitley less discrimination on BO1 vs. BO2 for the reasons you mention.  It sucks that many people who choose not to rise above base their self-esteem on numbers rather than how they conduct their interactions with other people.  To me, stats are a cool feature for people that realize their significance doen't supercede our value of self worth.  The emblems, however, are definitely causing some dissent in the ranks!

sportt

i agree.  the rank system sucks.  seriously the rank system is so bad.  does anyone even like the rank system because its really sucky.  just because im one bone doesnt mean im a sucky zobie master merc. 

seanoprawno

I agree that it causes problems when matchmaking. People often leave lobby if a low rank enters. I can see that an effort has been made to move toward a more "Rank-aware" zombies experience, but what was wrong with just 'Lobby Leaderboards'.

TARGETZERO

the simplest of all solution, would be to scrap the rank idea, its treyarchs worst ever idea theyve ever had imho

zombies use to be realy fun. who give a sht if you went down etc, now it makes people scared of playing certain maps, when its ment to be fun fun fun

Theunholyicon

I ain't scared of any maps, if I lose my shotties playing Die Rise, or MotD when it comes out, so be it.  But I agree it makes people gunshy and keeps them on Green Run... Called a few people that were out on my friends list.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. If you don't like it because you die lots and will rage out and don't want to lose your rank that's different.

Message was edited by: Theunholyicon Called out people that were on my friends list

innzane

I agree, save the complaints till they fix this broken rank system.

What's with all the b*tching?

I love that they finally introduced a zombie ranking system that way it's easier to avoid trash players. Yes I'm calling every bone and crossbones trash and about 75% of skulls trash and 20% of knives trash. There's also 10% of shotties that are trash too but they're hard to come by since they stay on die rise glitching.

To cheesegrater, zombies isn't all about teamwork now. Grief isn't about teamwork if you're all alone against a lobby of 4. I'm glad they;re introducing versus modes because I'm tired of carrying the whole team on my back. The only games I have where I don't have to carry a team is when some of my good friends are online who are as good as me or maybe even better and ironically we all have shotguns. The ranking system is flawed in a way but I believe it definetely helps weeding out the sucky people (bone-skull) from the good players (dagger-shotties).

slap1i

I would rather have a blue-eyed skull on my team, than a shotgunner.  Shotgunner will likely quit early, and chances are they glitched the rank (not all, but most IMO).  Knife is where it's at!

TEX_715

My highest round on die rise 4 player (33) was acheived in a all random all skull lobby

Ells145

i agree zombies isnt about you K/D at all it is about your teamwork to be honest i can get to decent rounds as long as the whole team has good team work and even if some one doesent have a mic as long as they hear me and we save a zombie at the last round to get guns you can survive to very high rounds.

ydajdimstr

Quitters have always been a problem, and always will be... Glitching has always been a problem, and always will be... Niether are more predominant now than before I can promise you that... Knowing I'm not a ***** and can handle round 60+ is a great feature in the game... And if it's a public match and I get tired of playing, yes I will quit, and I will tell you this ahead of time in the lobby if you listen and not ready up as soon as you see me... I get bored at 30, as by then you've got everything you need so it's no longer a challenge, and to me that's quitting time, I'm sorry if 30 is your record setter...

I'm not trying to come off as an ass, though it may seem so, but it's just a game and you shouldn't request that a rank be removed if you can't get there...

A simple fix would be to add a new rank, one with a miles per game requirement... Keep the glitchers off my rank...

Ells145

on mob of the dead we was going for an EE run but one player wasnt playing and the other lagged out and because he was weasel we could not carry on at the last step but it was roud 22 we had eveything all the guns pack a punched but the ammo was just a big problem for us so we decided we would just keep hitting the box just to get random guns its kind of fun but we wanted to get to higher round

so if people lag out then it wont count to the leader bords so if i lag at the start then i just leave and whatever round they get to will count for them

TEX_715

I wish a quiter would result in a change of what leaderboard your high round went on. I certainly feel i have seen more glitching and more good playesr quiting out in BO 2 as compared to one.  And yes it does get boring using the same wall gun or making box runs an PaP to get through high rounds but not to sound hostile but i doubt you have a 60+ game of 4 player on your record. I am not chasing any rank, happen to have knife. Just feel eliminating the top rank would improve gameplay as a result of removing the drive to twist stats to reach it. not that everyone who has them twisted their stats to get them, but those beast players that are legit would still have the same quality gameplay without the cool shotgun emblem

ydajdimstr

You are correct, sir, I do not have a single 60+ four player game... But my solos are, my duos are above 50 on all maps on BO2, my triples are above 45, and my fours are all above 40... Most shotgun players got them the right way... I see more glitching skulls than shotguns...

If they removed shotgun rank people would still glitch to get knifes.

People would still quit like they always have.

People would still avoid Bones.

The rank system has less "elitism" than lobby leaderboards did. People are far more likely to play with a Crossbones or Skull than they are with someone who has low high rounds.

If you needed the sliquifier to get your shotties then you're garbage in my opinion.

And to the dude that says a knife is where it's at, umm no buddy the shotguns look much more better than that pirate knife.

And like an above poster said, I have seen a lot more glitching skulls than I have shotties and daggers put together.