11 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 2:32 PM by 740UKills RSS

Cool ideas to make the next iteration great?

BlackMetroid95

What do you guys think would be awesome to put in Call of Duty: Ghosts? Assuming the netcode is perfect and theres dedicated servers, and we get DLC. And the weapons are balanced. That aside, what gameplay elements would be interesting? Maps? Equipment? Player movement? What gameplay elements would make this next COD great?

1) More emphasis on characters

Wouldnt it be cool if your characters had your emblems on their backs/ shoulders? Of course, they would wear the same garb that their faction has, but just the addition of a emblem. Plus, more character models like Black Ops 1 had.

2) Women

Seriously Treyarch/Activision, you guys can do that. Not as important, but it would be cool.

3) Bigger Maps

This game needs bigger maps. Seriously. The maps are too clustered. Something as big as Plaza or Yemen, and less Hijacked and Express. (this is my opinion)

4) More Player movement

The sliding while running, the roll while prone...im fairly certain that real soldiers dont only go Stand, Crouch and Prone. Lets see some more movements and less static ones.

5) Shorter Shotgun Range

For every shotgun other than the KSG, the shotguns should not kill instantly at medium range. CQC only.

Thoughts?

• Re: Cool ideas to make the next iteration great?
    nintendon't

Why are shotgunners always made out to be the bad guys? I never understood why fully auto spray & pray ARs/SMGs that work well at most ranges are considered more "skillful" than a one hit kill weapon with limited range that requires precision, good reaction time, and playing smart due to that limited range. I swear, COD is like the bizarro world of FPS games.

Not to mention all the BO2 shotguns besides the KSG are pretty crappy compared to their BO1 counterparts. The Olympia, Spas 12, and Stakeout would piss all over the BO2 shotguns.

GermanicMexican

My idea to balance Remington, reduce spread (which will increase range as well but). Reduce pellet damage on legs and arms by half. This will make it deadlier, but actually requires you to aim.

the1andonlyIKY

for the maps.. i like the thought of bigger maps. i do NOT like the thought of being halfway+ across the map, killed, and be waay back over yonder and have to run for 30 seconds to get back into the action. and then if im killed again right away...very aggravating.

ace_usmc89

I would like to see the option of picking up a downed opponents secondary weapon as an option. Or even maybe their gear ie tactical and lethals but first focus on my first recommendation. We are given the option to have 2 weapons so why not be given the option to pick between your dead opponent's 2 weapons. Say they have an SMG and a pistol. I'm already carrying an SMG and don't want to pick up another one. Why can't we get that option. I feel like this would help the Call Of Duty franchise for the future. Say like hold X for primary and double tap X for secondary or whatever you decide the button layout. This would be awesome and I would love to see it in the Call of Duty: Ghosts.

King_Nero-Senior

multiple arrow types.

1. Just an arrow- causes player to slowly die from bleeding.

2. Impact explosive tip- that way there is no run and hide (increase blast radius and dmg)

3. Equipment detenation arrow(or grenade)- Causes all enemy equipment to blow up in place not short       out.  That way the camper who is laying on his betty gets blown the F*** up.

When injured movement speed drop to 50% until you heal.  Lets face it when you're shot you slow down. 

LastShadowCOD

Weather - the maps need rain, fog, snow, dust storms, tornados, etc.

As far as smaller maps go - the game is to kill each other. If you have too big a map with six players on a side then you'll never engage.

Bots for vacant players - posted this one not too long ago. The game needs to START - regardless of real players. Use bots to fill in then replace them when real players arrive. There never should be a WAITING lobby - get the game going.

Customizable characters - nothing too elaborate - man/woman, short, fat, tall, etc. - take heed though - hit zones would stay the same. No small, thin characters getting less hits than the big fat ones.

Emblems on jackets - they're on the gun - why not on the back of your jacket?

A few rewards for more prestige - An extra gun, free flak jacket, an extra perk, anything, but nothing too earth shattering as to change the game. Even if the reward is visual and not functional, but something that is worth prestiging for.

You can look through the older threads - there's a bunch of great ideas out there.

slosh3y

LastShadowCOD wrote:

A few rewards for more prestige - An extra gun, free flak jacket, an extra perk, anything, but nothing too earth shattering as to change the game. Even if the reward is visual and not functional, but something that is worth prestiging for.

I don't think anything as important to the game such as a gun or a perk should be unlocked via prestige, players should't feel forced to prestige; however I liked that in Blops 1 you could unlock certain face paints by prestiging. I think presitge awards should be aesthetic.

740UKills

Considering a lot of people try to skip playing Turbine, I am certain the last thing anyone wants are very large maps. However, I am much more interested in different environments and weather. Adding rain, snow, fog and wind would all be nice, instead of the constant one or two rain maps, if any, we are given each game.