12 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2013 7:22 AM by whitcon1 RSS

Awful connection issues.....

steadydean

Getting into games and constantly dropping to 1 bar. Half of the people in the lobby are doing the same thing including party members. We use different service providers so that cant be an issue. any help? x

• Re: Awful connection issues.....
    ATVIAssist

Hi Dean,

Where are you contacting us from, and what game modes and playlists are you seeing this on?

Can you also let us know which system you're playing on so we can help you set up your connection (if needed).

Thanks!

^LM

ATVIAssist

steadydean

Hello thank you for responding.

Im from England. Ive also messaged a lot of randoms from my recent player list and theyre having the same issues.

Im in xbox and my connection has been fine for 5 years so i doubt its that. Domination and SnD are the only gametypes i tend to play.

Dean.

MaxChaos

Every single game of TDM on Xbox tonight has been all 1 red bars for all players. Located in the UK

ATVIAssist

Thanks Dean, are you using a wireless connection?  Can you double check your in-game NAT type and bandwidth on the System Info screen? Multiplayer>Options>Back Button

You haven't changed your connection recently? Are there any other devices sharing your connection?

Thanks!
        ^NM

steadydean

I have always had multiple laptops in my house and phones that are connected to the internet and ive never had a problem. As i stated before its not only me. It was happening to 90% of people in the games. There would be a couple of people on 4 bar but everyone else was on 1. Afew minutes later it would switch people and id be on 4 bar while others would get there connection destroyed. You need to get past the idea that its my connection since it was happening to my friends aswell. Some of which dont even use wireless. My connection is as good as its ever been on all other devices.

steadydean

Sorry i forgot.

Nat type:open

Bandwidth:6542kbs

weed-cobolt

Do a simple test. Team up with members that have equal bandwith, about 6000kbs.

And set them all for best connection when searching for games.

crim119

This is not just one or two players. There are reports all over the forums.

I'm running on open NAT, bandwidth is 2378 Kbps on a wired connection, geographical region 35 and have tried on both best connection and normal. I play core domination and since last night this is ruining the game. Like everyone else, the first few minutes are fine, then the lagginess kicks in. One or two players will run at full bars, while the rest of the lobby has one. There is NO control over your own actions.

I'm in the UK and have experienced normal lag comp when playing on the EU servers (for some reason Italy seems to be the worst??). This is NOT the same thing. Too many replying to these forum posts saying that it must be 'at your end, check your connection'.

The multiplayer game is broken. It's as simple as that. Whatever has been added to the double weapon XP update this weekend has broken it. Nothing about my setup has changed whatsoever. No extra devices connected, no changes by my ISP (I've already checked all of that out), nothing I have done that has any impact on the settings. My Xbox is setup in the DMZ in my router to ensure that there are no conflicts.

It appears that Activision won't even acknowledge a problem, let alone try to fix it.

chunky1979

not been on today but last night (friday) was terrible!! came out of numerous games due to lag as they were unplayable.im on the xbox and i have cable broadband running at a reliable 30 meg on ALL other devices. can someone please listen and sort this out!!

whitcon1

Activision have stop replying to your post because they cannot solve the problem play battlefield 3 the connection on that is great...