10 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2013 7:16 PM by ghamorra RSS

Dedicated Servers for COD Ghosts!

Pav0nis

From news on the Wired website (link: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one) it seems that Call of Duty: Ghosts for Xbox One will have dedicated servers.

Only the Xbox One is confirmed to have dedicated servers at this point in time.

A more in-depth explanation of the topic:

• Re: Dedicated Servers for COD Ghosts!
    Pav0nis

To summarize:

• dedicated servers for all multiplayer games on Xbox One

• dedicated servers deliver a superior connection and online gameplay experience

• dedicated servers have not been confirmed for any other console

RallyOrDie

XBL has always had dedicated servers.  It is up to the developers and publishers to supply their own servers.  The game may run off the XBL servers for the game itself to be loaded, but the multiplayer will most likely still be P2P servers.

Pav0nis

If you read the article, it says "stable, dedicated servers for every multiplayer game rather than the notoriously fragile practice of hosting matches on one participant’s console" which indicates to me that dedicated servers will be a requirement for all games on the Xbox One and that "the practise of hosting matches on one participant's console" will be removed.

RallyOrDie

I guess we will have to wait and see when the console and games come out.

maccabi

Pav0nis wrote:

If you read the article, it says "stable, dedicated servers for every multiplayer game rather than the notoriously fragile practice of hosting matches on one participant’s console" which indicates to me that dedicated servers will be a requirement for all games on the Xbox One and that "the practise of hosting matches on one participant's console" will be removed.

think you'll find that they are an option not a given,

you also took the sentence out of context as you left off the start of it which basically said  that leads to a few obvious applications then it listed what was possible NOT what is actually happening.,

also there is a finite amount of servers cod would take the large chunk of them

publishers would need to pay microsoft fees to use them they arent free

the 64-128 player games would most likely be 3rd person rpgs not fps games

i really wouldnt assume anything until its confirmed one way or the other..

also could you imagine the outcry from the community if the  xbone got dedis and the ps4 didnt

ghamorra

RallyOrDie wrote:

but the multiplayer will most likely still be P2P servers.

It's not P2P