1 2 3 Previous Next 145 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2013 1:03 PM by ion5150 RSS

What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

fletch796

What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

• 1. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    rankismet

Nothing.

Well... that was easy.

• 2. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    otisman666

I liked the direction that 3arch went with, at least as far as making an attempt to create a penalty system above just a loss.

Let's face it, a high percentage of quiters are people trying to save their precious K/D.  I say for every quit or DB, the player gets a 100 deaths added to their stats.

• 3. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    rankismet

otisman666 wrote:

I liked the direction that 3arch went with, at least as far as making an attempt to create a penalty system above just a loss.

Let's face it, a high percentage of quiters are people trying to save their precious K/D.  I say for every quit or DB, the player gets a 100 deaths added to their stats.

For me... a simple statistic that shows completion percentage is enough

I cannot stand the probation crap in B02.

• 4. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    kastro187420

otisman666 wrote:

The problem is, it failed to do it's job. People still quite, repeatedly. You can't stop people from quitting a match, no matter how much people want to. The most they can do is try to address the REASONS people quit and try to eliminate those reasons. If you just tell people "Stop quitting", they're going to laugh and quit while you're in the middle of talking.

You certainly can't punish people out of quitting. That's like trying to arrest your way out of the drug war. It doesn't work. Instead, to stop people from "dashboarding" to save their stats, use Dedicated Servers so that even if the person quits, their stats still register for the match. It makes quitting pointless in that case.

Then, you address issues like Lag, spawn killing, terrible teammates, and other issues like that which drive people to quit. Beyond that, you can't really stop "rage quitters". You can however address the reasons they're quitting for the most part and elminate the desire to quit as much as possible.

• 5. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    RallyOrDie

Quitting should earn people negative XP or put an ban on XP for a certain amount of time.  Bans on XP earned could be from 10 minutes up to days.  Depending on how often.  They should aslo implement a disconnect percentage, that way people can see how much of a quitter people are.

• 6. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    ChestSplittah

I agree with you. People getting probation for freezes, leaving because of sound anomalies and a others reasons. Is ridiculous. It was a decent attempt. Though not being on dedis, doesn't warrant probation. Not providing  a consistently, decent running product, with performance enhancements coming down the pipeline at somewhat regular interval..doesn't deserve a punishment system. I quit regularly and it didn't deter me from playing. Or not. I'm not a child and no lesson will learned.

• 7. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    rankismet

RallyOrDie wrote:

Quitting should earn people negative XP or put an ban on XP for a certain amount of time.  Bans on XP earned could be from 10 minutes up to days.  Depending on how often.  They should aslo implement a disconnect percentage, that way people can see how much of a quitter people are.

Completion percentage is enough.

Punishing people for leaving a game is silly.

People have kids, might be accepting an invite, take too long poo-pooing in between games... or... be stuck in the laggiest, player warping game since Capt. Kirk phased out in The Tholian Web.

If they're leaving... you're winning. Be happy.

• 8. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    ChestSplittah

It is beyond silly. When you look at it might possibly hurt the longevity of the game, hinder matchmaking. Due to people not wanting to be told they can't play what they paid for. If it was a deterrent,  people wouldn't quit. Taking extra losses...pfft... Look at how many losses you are given just for being thrown into losses repeatedly,  consecutively.

MAKING,  a console of a person the uplink to gameplay for others, then making the experience horrible through less desired matchmaking is no reason to tell them that they are being put on timeout because they don't want to be abused and pimped out.

• 9. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
    otisman666

rankismet wrote:

If they're leaving... you're winning. Be happy.

Unless they are host and they dashboard....:(

Another alternative could be to remove the K/D all together, that way nobody knows what their stat is and just plays the game for fun. 

1 2 3 Previous Next