34 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 4:10 PM by X_Sapient_X RSS

Treyarch; Things to take in consideration

Desp-NL

I enjoy playing BO2 but there a some things that, in my opinion, have a negative influence on the gameplay. Hopefully Treyarch will take them in consideration when they are creating their new CoD.

I mainly play Domination and these are some issues I have encountered.

First off the spawn system should be improved. Sometimes I am getting shot literally within 2 seconds after spawning. The main reason behind this is that the spawn system doesn't recognize where enemy players are located on the map when spawning. Treyarch also chose to spawn on teammates, which is not working out because when your teammate is in the enemies line of sight you'll most likely get shot as well. Another problem is enemy players spawning behind you when you kill them. I think that if the spawn system knows where enemy players are located on the map the spawns will work better and you won't be encountering previous situations as much.

Campers have been a problem since the first online shooter and I do understand that it's very hard for a  developer to change the attitude of players. However there are ways to make the life of a camper a bit harder. For example their could be a constant UAV which does not show moving players, but only those who are not moving (same like how the ghost perk works). This might also reduce the amount of UAVs during a game but I will get to that later. Also because of all the objects the maps contain people find places to head glitch, something that I don't quite understand. How can a player aim over an object when only his head is poppin' out from the enemies point of view? This should definitely be looked into because it's a major flaw.

I believe the Target Finder attachment was designed to be able to spot not moving players more easily addresed but in reality it seems that it worked out the complete other way around and that campers are using it to spot anyone approaching them or trying to take them out form a distance with a sniper. Therefor it can be thrown in the bin and deleted so it can never be returned to any CoD. If you can't spot players without help you shouldn't be playing CoD at all.

I believe UAV should be a higher scorestreak. The main reason behind this is that UAV is more useful then streaks that require more score like Care Package, Guardian and Hellstorm Missile. Therfore the UAV spam is crazy at the moment (the fact that some big youtubers are praising non-lethal scorestreaks isn't helping either ).

LMG's are a bit overpowered in my opinion. I do appreciate that they have great damage output but that should be balanced by more recoil which is way to little as it is now.

I did not write this to bash Treyarch, like I said in the beginning I enjoy playing Black Ops, however there is always room for improvement. How do you guys feel about the things I mentioned and  what would you like to see to take in consideration?

Greets, Desp

• Re: Treyarch; Things to take in consideration
    peppercoda

My suggestion, that will fall of deaf ears, is cover. I was killed by a shotgun behind a concret wall ?? Why can you not duck behind a wall to reload... In the next release you can peek around courners? So now it will be worse as a brick wall and a cardboard box have the same amout of cover in this game...

ChestSplittah

UAV isn't going to kill you. Target Finder, I agree.

Thembones

LMG have to be strong. Your trading in Hipfire accuracy,running speed,for stopping power. A lot of people forget LMG are manly use for support. Usually I would shoot down a room keep the enemy occupied by me then a teammate would flank from back or side.

Lawman911

First off campers do not ruin the game, your opinion I know, but that is like someone saying rushers are ruling the game.

Target finder is an optic attachment just like DB, ACOG, and others. At least you are able to counter it. Just because you do not want to use a point for it, that's your issue.

UAV is fine you want campers gone there you go.

LMG I agree to a point, it is ridiculous that a LMG is able to be rushed around like a AR. You should no be able to add perks so you are able to outdraw SMGs or AR.

To remark on the LMG as a support weapon, there is no support weapon in this game everything is made to be used for rushing and support. They designed this game so no matter what you choose you are able to play any style you want and be successful.

deadimpact

Desp-NL wrote:

How do you guys feel about the things I mentioned and  what would you like to see to take in consideration?

I also play Domination most of the time, but I honestly don't feel like campers, target finders, 'head glitching' or LMGs are a big problem. If I run into a team with people who are successfully using these tactics and strategies against me, I change how I play. I find that adjusting my pace, weapon choice, equipment, perks and controlling how I approach certain areas of maps usually allows me to take that advantage away from the enemy team.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Campers have been a problem since the first online shooter and I do understand that it's very hard for a  developer to change the attitude of players. However there are ways to make the life of a camper a bit harder. For example their could be a constant UAV which does not show moving players, but only those who are not moving (same like how the ghost perk works). This might also reduce the amount of UAVs during a game but I will get to that later. Also because of all the objects the maps contain people find places to head glitch, something that I don't quite understand. How can a player aim over an object when only his head is poppin' out from the enemies point of view? This should definitely be looked into because it's a major flaw.

I believe the Target Finder attachment was designed to be able to spot not moving players more easily addresed but in reality it seems that it worked out the complete other way around and that campers are using it to spot anyone approaching them or trying to take them out form a distance with a sniper. Therefor it can be thrown in the bin and deleted so it can never be returned to any CoD. If you can't spot players without help you shouldn't be playing CoD

at all.

It seems like you have an issue with campers. Sorry but your proposals are utter garbage. There is no right way to play the game. There is no rule that says people cannot camp. Your proposals revolve around you own playstyle and you want other playstyles get nerfed.

You are so selfish.

You know what ruins the game? It's people like you that thinks the game is bad just because it allows other playstyles be viable.

The game is fine. Just adjust to it and don't be a one-playstyle, one dimensional player.

Adam1234567893

I know what you mean but campers are just as guilty remember the perk  Ghost at launch? Campers are always the first to complain and lie until they get their way pretty much anyone who doesn't know how to adapt are the reasons why Treyarch even caters to play styles in the first place. Hopefully next Call of Duty the maps are big again and the game doesn't cater to any play styles. And there is less aim assist lol. I can handle campers I just can't handle campers who complain about something that can be controlled by the player.

ghamorra

The problem with Ghost is that doesn't punish just campers, it punishes the flanker and stealth player that look get a jump on enemy who's not paying attention to their weak side. It takes very little to turn Ghost off and it takes a lot to turn in on.

They should remove the UAV and remove Ghost

Another good suggestion keep it about stealth I mean there are no players that actually need a UAV anyways it's like the Target Finder.

TRU11

i dont agree with removing the UAV.

also even though ghost is nerfed to death its still very usefull .

the UAV is the best way to spot where the enemy is and its also a good way to count how many people run ghost.

therefore it helps me account for what i can expect from my enemies.

if know that if they run ghost i should pay alot more attention to dom points and not rely on the announcer and i also have to be more carefull when moving around.

On HC a UAV is almost like a VSAT lol.

its been in the game since forever and it should stay in it just like ghost.

Desp-NL

Like camping is even a playstyle...

Anyway you don't hear people complaining about agressive playstyles. People like the CoD series because it's a fast paced arena shooter. Holding up in the same spot waiting for someone to pass by isn't what I call fast paced. That's why I mentioned it, the pace is something that defines CoD.

Plus don't make this a personal matter by implieing that I am one dimensional, you haven't played with me, you are just making asumptions. Everyone has their own opinion, not respecting those doesn't make you a good person.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Desp-NL wrote:

Like camping is even a playstyle...

Anyway you don't hear people complaining about agressive playstyles. People like the CoD series because it's a fast paced arena shooter. Holding up in the same spot waiting for someone to pass by isn't what I call fast paced. That's why I mentioned it, the pace is something that defines CoD.

Plus don't make this a personal matter by implieing that I am one dimensional, you haven't played with me, you are just making asumptions. Everyone has their own opinion, not respecting those doesn't make you a good person.

You talk about respect yet you came off as disrespectful to campers.

Pot calling the kettle black.

The fact that you came here to the forums and suggest garbage proposals that hurts a certain playstyle is disrespectful to players of the said style. You wouldn't be here talking about ways to hamper their playstyle if you are not having difficulty dealing with them. Do you see people coming to the forums complaining about how easy it is to kill low skilled players? No. It's always against those that they are having difficulty playing against with.

Should just call the next treyarch game CALL OF DUTY: ZOMBIES.

At least that would be honest of what that games all about.

It's all they ever focus on and why people play their versions of COD.

I however think the zombie craze is being played out to death.

I never play zombies.

Only like free for all multiplayer.

Treyarch should stop making cod games and focus on zombies.

Leave COD multiplayer to Infinity ward. They do it better.

BlackhawkbillOO7

I can only assume by your post that this is the first game that you have played in the Call of Duty series. I base my assumption on level of ignorance evident throughout your post. I am not trying to use ignorance in a derogatory way but as a way to best describe your inexperience. 

You started your discussion with a somewhat comprehensible analysis of the spawning in BO2, but then you hijacked your own thread with a rant about campers...That whole paragraph is pure gibberish...Campers will always be a part of any online multiplayer because they are the necessary excuse for someone who gets killed to deflect any responsibility. The term camper is so generic it could mean anything. If you stop to reload behind some cover, then once reloaded move out and immediately kill an enemy player...you're a camper.

Desp-NL wrote:

For example their could be a constant UAV which does not show moving players, but only those who are not moving (same like how the ghost perk works). This might also reduce the amount of UAVs during a game but I will get to that later.

This is where I gave up on whatever else you had to say...Uh ya genius...having a UAV up constantly may reduce the amount of UAVs during the game...LMFAO!!!

He's obviously not talking about anyone stopping to reload, looking for cover, securing a location by just looking around, waiting for a few seconds to take a breath, or whatever. He's talking about (I assume) the kind of players that are waiting ADS to a passage  from a little corner or headglitchspot and camping in the other corner waiting for his next BIg skill kill. So that's how you play the game??  Waaaaaw, and you talk about respect!

BlackhawkbillOO7

Iamintozombies wrote:

He's obviously not talking about anyone stopping to reload, looking for cover, securing a location by just looking around, waiting for a few seconds to take a breath, or whatever. He's talking about (I assume) the kind of players that are waiting ADS to a passage  from a little corner or headglitchspot and camping in the other corner waiting for his next BIg skill kill. So that's how you play the game??  Waaaaaw, and you talk about respect!

What are you talking about? My point was about how the term camper is over used. You may want to work on your reading comprehension skills. At no point did I mention my own personal playing style.  The original post that started this thread is a rant about campers disguised to look like some sort of constructive criticism about the game. I merely highlighted one of the stupid points that the original poster tried to make by including a quote from the original post. Also, at what point in my post did I mention anything about respect? As I mentioned before please take a few moments and re-read what I wrote...maybe this time you might understand it. Take care. 

zvers

"My point was about how the term camper is over used. "

Very true. Also, it means different things to different people, that's another problem with it. The OP, said camper but a "camper" in my mind is different than many other people's. That's the true problem with these kinds of threads.

Do you even think I READ everything you wrote? I don't care if I am right or not.. I just said what I think he meant by campers, didn't bother what you said. Who do you think YOU are? Professor Dumbledore? Work on my reading skills? English isn't my native language B itch and I bet I read, speak and write three other languages that you don't. You also say you don't argue with an idiot which is right, yet you respond to every single comment to demonstrate you can come up with arguments to contest whatever someone wrote .. Go put your frustration elsewhere. Maybe Desp-nl was giving the game criticism because of the campers he got killed by but you're the one who started judging as if you're... Albuuuus the magician (now you know who I am cause you know I read HP! WOoooooooo) You're a joke, that's who you are.

Desp-NL

Learn to read fool, what I mentioned was UAV that only points out players who don't move. I am usually moving around the map. Without ghost an uav picks me up, with the idea I posted it doesn't. Tnx for reminding me never to addres anything to this forum, how can I expect the players who read this aren't such a douchebags as the ones that are flooding CoD nowadays

BlackhawkbillOO7

Hey Einstein, learn how to write before you post. Your post represents who you are...and by reading your post I can tell that you are an idiot. Therefore, at this point and time, I will refrain from any further responses because if you try to argue with an idiot, you end up with two idiots arguing. This means you win...IDIOT!!!

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Take a look at this little tidbit he made on his OP.

LMG's are a bit overpowered in my opinion. I do appreciate that they have great damage output but that should be balanced by more recoil which is way to little as it is now.

Good thing this guy isn't a dev or the LMGs will end up not suitable for close quarters and not viable for long range either with his proposed increase in recoil. He will make the LMG class a waste if he's going to have it his way. This guy is clearly isn't thinking right and he thinks nothing but himself and his own playstyle.

Desp-NL

A post represents who someone is? Lol you need to get away from your computer more often. You played over 65 days in total?! Seriously you have been glitching/hacking or you are in behind your ps3 nearly all the time. No wonder you have no idea how to communicate and discuss in a normal fashion because you are behind a screen all day. Gtfo you are clearly not able to contribute to any form of discussion.

BlackhawkbillOO7

Before you leave, I would like to educate you a little...

Desp-NL wrote:

A post represents who someone is?

Yes, a post can tell a lot about a persons natural ability to communicate or their lack of ablilty. It can tell a lot about an individuals thought processing ability. It can also tell a lot about the persons maturity and ability to generate rationale thought. So, again the answer is yes.

Desp-NL wrote:

Lol you need to get away from your computer more often. You played over 65 days in total?! Seriously you have been glitching/hacking or you are in behind your ps3 nearly all the time.

As I previously mentioned in earlier post that you might be ignorant, you have just affirmed my suspicions. If you calculated the "over 65 days played" from my Elite Career page you must be unaware that the web site actually mirrors your Hardcore Hours played with Core Hours played. This means that even though I've only played 498 hours of HC CTF it actually shows me playing the same amount of time in Core mode. This is incorrect, because I only played Hardcore. Since you may not have known this...this would mean that you were ignorant/uniformed.

Desp-NL wrote:

No wonder you have no idea how to communicate and discuss in a normal fashion because you are behind a screen all day.

As to your opinion/judgment on my ability to communicate effectively you have no credence. Your previous postings illustrate that you haven't a clue on how to articulate a thought. Sad as it may be, you are not experienced enough or mature enough yet to pass any sort of judgement on me or anyone else for that matter.

Desp-NL wrote:

Gtfo you are clearly not able to contribute to any form of discussion.

If you actually had something that was thoughtful and worthy of discussing I would be able to contribute immensely. I have played and achieved maximum prestige on every Call of Duty since the release of Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I have almost 6,000 hours of total game time logged. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just trying to inform you that I do have a lot of experience playing this game series and would have been more than willing to offer some insight. Unfortunately, your post was nothing more than a rant about camping.

You could have searched the word camper and probably found similar folks that feel the same way that you do. But instead you felt the urge to just throw some crap on the wall rather than in the toilet where it would have been better suited. Good Bye and hopefully you will have something more thoughtful the next time you post.

in regards to the "camper" subject its at interesting idea, but attempting to punish those who play like this any further is unnecesary even you dont like it.

Campers in objective games are really not a problem any more, they are a bug on a wall if you get your scorestreaks in. They tend to quit first.

1WizardGuy

In every CoD title the developers (IW or Trey) have ALWAYS acknowledged camping as a valid playstyle. It's been in every official game guide and there have been tactics to both camp and counter-camp.

The notion that everyone need to run at all times is just plain silly. Most guns won't compete in that arena fairly, which is why *gasp* there are different guns. Some are good close and fast and others are better used from ranged positions.

Pretty much anything you wrote about in the OP can be countered. You should learn how.

complaining about campers = whining!!  lets talk about what 3ARC really should correct.

1. Once the game has started DO NOT allow new players to enter games in progress.  If the opposing team all rage quit, let them.
    2. I hate looking for an open PUG match, and i'm placed in a Domination game on the losing team, in the second round, 147 - 10.  REALLY stupid.  I should have an option to select not to join games in progress!!