22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2013 10:09 AM by I_Am_Overpowered RSS

Bleed Out

trialstardragon

I think CoD should move away from regeneration health and move toward a bleed out method. If a person is shot they slowly begin to lose health, as their health drops, visions is blurred, and accuracy with a weapon drops as well. A single shot will stop bleeding over time, but no health is regained ever. Multiple shots will take longer to stop bleeding or will not stop at all. As your health decreases, make them able to sprint for shorter distances, take longer to reload weapons, longer to ads, blurry vision with the edges become black until they finally cannot see before they die from bleeding to death. No this is not hard core either, for this would be beyond hardcore where just a simple one shot kills no matter where your hit. No this is not last stand either, since it is not a perk.

I know many people will come here and go the game is not meant to be realistic... blah.. blah.. blah. And the only reason why is because they would fear such a system because they could no longer rush like fools get hit, duck behind cover wait for full health and continue on like nothing ever happened. It would make players have to be cautious and play tacticfully and not like adreanline monkeys rushing for kills all the time. a few near misses and slowly they begin to die, thus maybe loosing their streak becuase they did not take time to look around before moving.

The rushers and anti-campers will of course hate this because they will say it will make camping even more prevalent in the game becasue people will become to scared to even move. To the person with greater gun skill it would not be an issue since they would still hit their mark and kill them more times then being hit themselves, so not have to worry nearly as much about it. Only after repetitive hits during one life would the problem become bad enough for them.

• Re: Bleed Out
    nicedrewishfela

Health Regen is a joke, and part of the lag issues we see in this game.

I like this idea. You get 100 health in core to start with, every time you take damage it goes down.

Maybe add a perk that allows a player to heal teammates and reward those players for doing so (Scorestreak Points) to make it a true team game. Make support drops include health packs.

I think this would add a lot to the game. Make players play smarter once they got hit, and if you introduced a medic ability would encourage team play.

trialstardragon

I did not want to add the healing perk for then people would hate on it like last stand. But a health drop from a cp would be ok. Make it a medical kit that anyone could use, maybe have x number of uses like the bo1 flack jacket, but with out the damage protection the fj gave. Make it restore to 50-75% health if less, only enough to reduce the penalites to near 0 but not completely.

the points could be given for healing teammates but make them only small amounts about the same as uav assits maybe. so maybe 5-6 uses per med kit. Not enough for a full streak but would help work toward the next one.

nicedrewishfela

Yeah I could see issues with it as well.

It would have to have limits... maybe a recharge time frame? Can't heal themselves or be healed?

Would just like to see more teamwork put into the fold.

trialstardragon

Single use by each player of their own med kit per life? No more then two-three used in one life by any player even if multiple are dropped? 15-30 seconds between each use, so could not be spammed by entire team right at drop? Only one drop active at a time per team. So it would not become a major focus point(no mutli fj drops like in bo1). Still might though because players would want to keep it from the enemy so they could not steal it and use it for themself or their team.

SitRepPro

The CP drop might have to work differently to the current CP drop to encourage people to use it, perhaps a faster airdrop, as people will prefer to stat pad with lethal killstreaks, so if the choppers coming in are the same, people might opt for other choices.

trialstardragon

Agreed, it would have to come in at least 20% faster then a normal CP, maybe even 30-40% faster wuold be better. that way there was less time for the wait on it. Plus if it was shot down over enemy space by someone they could steal it and use it for their team to get healed.

NorcalBob

Not in these versions of COD- everyone on the map would be limping around with bad vision.  There is too much fire on too small of maps.

The idea is good if the player density on the maps was way less.

acm2010

I look at this thread and wondered...............why didn't treyarch think of this. Oh well.

I do see some kinks in your idea, but that can be smoothed out a bit. Overall.... I think it will work.

TheOSUistheSHIZ

Just make it like BF3.

You still regen health, it just takes like 15 seconds to start getting it back and it comes back slowly.

If you didnt have it period Id think camping would be out of control.

It works in BF3 because the maps are so big you cant just camp because you wont see enough people to keep you interested.

If they implemented this into COD, IMO they would have to make larger maps to deter camping.

trialstardragon

People still camp in BF3 all teh time depending upon the game mode and map. The bf ista med kit makes it very easy to do. this way you have to earn it, and then call it in. Not just have a healer toss one down any time they feel like it.

Get a team with a healer and a ammo suplier and they are very annoying on some of the smaller maps. Especially if they have a sniper and lmg with them too. I have seen that 4 man tag team wipe out other teams no matter how much they pushed toward them. Forever health, forever ammo.. long rnage, suppressive, and close up fire at the same time...

Which is why it should be a cp drop not just a toss me down.

trialstardragon

Yes several kinks in the overall idea, but still would be better than the regen fairy healing players automatically.

SitRepPro

Yeah it will be a good idea overall.  It would promote brainpower over reflexes at least.  And I use high damage weapons myself so obviously there's some bias there.  Having played RSV I'd be used to the blurred vision upon being shot.

Another way is to have 70 health for core under the current conditions.  It might actually make sniper rifles more viable given their 0.4s ADS times (0.35s for the Ballista) then since the FAL and SMR outclass them too much overall under the 100 health situation we have.

trialstardragon

That is part of the idea, make players learn to aim better, be quicker with their shots and not rely on the health fairy to keep them alive with out any cares. Players would have to work as a team to keep it away from the enemy as well until it was used and a new one could be called in.

ClipClamp

Nice a bunch of hypocrits lol love it rushers and runner n gunners can't hinder you or complain about you cause that makes them garbage and headless chickens but here you are making a feature that would hinder them and make it easier for you to walk around like a careful sloth. I love the idea but until they fix their network coding I am not going for it. I am not a rusher or runner n gunner I am a strategizer so no I don't run like a headless chicken. To me campers and rushers and runner n gunners and spawn exploiters are have no differences they all complain and lie to make it where the game only benefits their play styles they don't care about their fellow gamers. Every year seems like the campers win when getting their way so don't know why you are even complaining about headless monkeys/chickens. Hopefully next Call of Duty doesn't benefit or support any play style all they do is put weapons and perks and equipment in the game and bam their done and basically they only buff something if it's useless to all players or they nerf something because it throws the game off balanced. If they add a bleeding out feature that would hinder campers as think about it you are in a corner and someone manages to get a shot off you and then bam very limited time to camp cause you are bleeding out lol. Health Regeneration was a bad idea from the start they should just make equipment that you deploy that heals your teamates and gives you points.

Adam1234567893

Great idea that way when I hit a camper it isn't rinse and repeat.

trialstardragon

If your true to your shot and they are not yes. They suffer and slowly get penalized until they bleed out or just get killed by you or another player. No get hit, run hide.. heal.. run out and get hit again by health fairy. Would need a med kit near by and could only be used once every so often by each player per life. Players would have to play smart and think more and work as a team to maintain control over their medkit.

Could have even been made an obj game mode, protect the med supplies. The team that does can use it to regain health if damaged, again with restrictions on how often and how much it heals. Too many use it too soon it cannot be used when maybe needed the most after an hard enemy push.

surridge1990

I had a similar idea in a different thread which included safe zones with health and ammo supply points, maybe you could combine the two ideas.

Have no auto health regens and no scavenger perk and instead have a safe zone on each map with a medical center and an ammo crate in. (One safe zone at either end of the map, enemies cannot enter this area and players inside cannot shoot out of it), Make these safe zones the spawn areas aswell with multiple entry/exit points to remove the ability to trap players.

The medical center can be used once per player per life/round depending on gamemode and the same for the ammo crate (you can resupply everything from here, ammo/rockets/grenades/tacticals)

I know this makes it sound easy but if you consider the bleed-out feature aswell it means if player in an offensive position gets shot he will only have a limited time to return to his/her safe zone and dont forget chances are he/she will have to fight their way back aswell.

What if everyone just camps near the SZ? Well in that case noone would ever gets kills and noone would ever win a game, you would need to push forward to the center of the map in order to get your kills/streaks/wins.   

gotsomestars

An fps I used to play had a system like that. Two people per squad had medic training and could carry three kits to stop bleeding. It added strategy to the matches. They didn't "add" health, just stopped the bleeding . It was by far the best fps I've ever played.

Schoat333

I don't undertand the point. If you dont like health regen, play hard core.

Having someone "bleeding out" is just going to make them a sitting duck, and they will die anyways. Might as well kill them with that one shot instead, so they can respawn and keep playing.

SerkGlory

Love the idea!

They could also add something in to reduce campers as well!

Add something like Ghost, you know how if you don't move Ghost doesn't work?

Well what if you don't move in like a 15 meter radius or something in 5 seconds a red dot slowly appears to wear you are on the mini map!

starbuckfrack

You mean like Last Stand ?

I_Am_Overpowered

This is just one of the many attempts for campers excuse me I mean " tactical players" to discredit rushers. Because these so called tactical experts believe rushers are headless chickens who use no tactical or strategy in there gameplay. As a rusher my skills span across different areas. I have to be able to effectively clear a building from campers, remove corner huggers & headglitchers & deal with pesky snipers all while on the move with little to no cover. I also have to adapt in seconds to make decisions to stay alive  campers control all there engagements with little to no surprise. So you dont like a rusher who get hits takes cover and then attacks with full health play hardcore