14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 8:37 AM by FlavaSprinkles RSS

I cannot register the skylander on more than 1 account

I registered few skylander figures on one account using the web code but now I cannot register them on another account. I am getting the error "this code does not appear to be valid". Do you know if there is some restriction to only 1 account?

• Re: I cannot register the skylander on more than 1 account
    ATVIAssist

Hi SharpC, Thanks for posting. Were you signed into Activate when you used the code originally?  Here's an FAQ for Skylanders Lost Islands that may answer any questions you may have https://activate.amp.demonware.net/activate/faq/lost-islands/ Let us know if you still have questions. You can reply here or reach us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist and Twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist Thanks ^AH

Hi,

First thank you for the prompt answer (I didn't expected you guys will be so fast).

I am not 100% but I think I was NOT logged in into activision account at that time. However I am now logged in with both accounts (from 2 different devices). There is anything that I can do to allow these 4 skylanders onto the other account as well?

Also, I now have more skylander to register but I am affraid to register to one particular account if I will not abe able to use them with the other.

Thank you,

Chris.

ATVIAssist

Hi Chris,

Thanks for clarifying! You're only able to one webcode per Activate account, so make sure that you choose the account that you redeem the code on wisely.

You can, however play on different devices with the same account. Just make sure that you log out each time you switch devices.

Hope that makes sense! Let us know if you have any other questions for us.

^LM

ATVIAssist

Hi ATVIAssist,

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. There are 2 players that are sharing the same skylanders figures, although they are playing on different devices. My understanding was that you can register a figure a few times (I understand you want to protect against abbusing so you might have limited that).

I do not mind if the players will use the same account, as long as their games are separate, but my understanding you can have only 1 game at a time for each account, that is why I created the second account hoping I can register the figures again.

On a side note, the message that I am getting back when I try to (re)register the skylanders on the second account (see my original message), is different than the one that I am getting when I try registering a new skylander with a web code that was made public (internet) by somebody for which I am getting a message along the lines of "this skylander was registered too many times".

Also I am wondering what will hapen if I decide to restart the game, will I be able to register these figures again under my account or will I get the same message?

Thank you for your help,

Chris.

FlavaSprinkles

Apologies, we must've misunderstood!

Which Skylanders are you trying to register? Is the other account still active or logged in when you're trying to register them?

^LM

If you need more help, hit us up on Twitter: @ATVIAssist or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist

Yes, both accounts are active and working. I have the following skylanders registered to first account:

thumpback

punch pop fizz

hot head

cynder

chop chop

tree rex

I have 4 more figures to register but I am not sure how I can go about registering them to both accounts.

Thank you,

Chris.

PS: do you prefer to contact youon facebook instead of the forum?

FlavaSprinkles

Thanks for clarifying

I don't really have a preference. You can also PM me or anyone else on the support team- whatever works for you!

By "active," I mean to ask if both accounts are logged in when you try this. If they both are, can you take the one that you regged the Skylanders on offline, or log it out, and then try redeeming them on the other account?

^LM

If you need more help, hit us up on Twitter: @ATVIAssist or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist

I logged off both accounts from both devices, logged in with the 1 account and tried to register the web code. Now I got the "invalid code" message. Any other sugestions?

Thank you,
                  Chris.

FlavaSprinkles

Thanks for doing that, if you're saving locally and are getting that message, the code has been used too many times.

If you're using an Activate account like we mentioned before, you won't be able to register the same code multiple times.

It used to be that you could register multiples with locally saved accounts, but if you're still getting that message, especiallly with an Activate account, the code has been used too many times.

Our apologies for delivering bad news.

^LM

DisneyDisciple

This is why I have not set up an Activate account for my iOS devices.  My son and I both have separate Lost Islands worlds (I have a 2nd one on my iPod in addition to my iPad one) but of course we didn't buy 3 sets of the figures.  We have one set, and all 3 devices use them.

What happens now if one or more of us set up and use an Activate account? 

FlavaSprinkles

That's an excellent question!

I think it depends on how you go about registering the Skylander; it may work if you go offline and attempt to register it on the locally saved account, but I'm quite sure you'll run into any issues with your Activate account if you attempt to go online and save to the Cloud.

The codes really aren't meant to be used more than once, and while I realize that this was possible before Activate was available, I can't promise that the above method will work!

^LM

Jade99985

I understand that you don't want the codes exploited but I have 2 kids. I am not about to purchase 2 sets of figures just so my kids can both have them in their game. My kids have been active players on this app. One is on level 27 and the other on 29. We have spent real money on both accounts and gone out of our way to collect real versions of the characters.  I pulled both punch pop fizz and scarlet ninjini out of the box at my home but can only put them on one of their accounts. I have never had this problem before.  We weren't given a choice but to sign up for activision accounts when one of the updates came through. 

DisneyDisciple

Wow - I am in the same boat, multiple-games-wise...but I have not had an update yet that requires the Activate account.  I am sure I am missing out on some great Activate features, but my multiple devices still have their full set of store-bought Skylanders.  Until the issue is addressed, there will be no Activate accounts here.

I understand and agree about the potential for abuse - perhaps a solution would be to allow a certain number of Activate accounts registered to the same physical or email address (or something) to share a set of Skylanders codes.  Maybe 6 accounts or so, which seems reasonable.  Or to allow more than one ongoing save game within a single Activate account.  But no one is going to buy duplicate sets of Skylanders for different members of the same family.

FlavaSprinkles

I understand - I often play with my much younger siblings and even we argue over who gets which Skylander now!

I've forwarded up your feedback, I can't make any promises, but I do know that input is appreciated.

^LM

If you need more help, hit us up on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist