11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2013 2:30 PM by SitRepPro RSS

The Sniper Problem !

Angloma

I wanna complain , and I bet I'm not the only one , about the sniper problem. They snipe you without even putting the target on you , and your dead in 1 shot. Something must be changed , they shot too fast , I know some kids who love sniping will start argueing about this, but think about all other players who don't like snipers, whe want a chance against them. Please do something about this problem , maybe an update, patch them , make them put the target when they shot .

• Re: The Sniper Problem !
    nuttin2say

So what you're saying is that SR's are too easy to use?

Angloma

overpowered,you little sniper

nuttin2say

Hey, G.I. Joe? Actually, everyone and their brother knows my GT. It's no secret. You can easily look at my stats to see whether or not I'm a sniper. In fact, my most used sniper rifle is my 17th most used weapon.

So before you go touting your conspiracy theory nonsense, you should check your facts.

I agree with what SitRepPro says below. "If you keep getting killed by snipers then its your problem, not theirs." Exactly. And yeah, everyone runs up against a guy like that. He still has a weak point. It takes brain power and patience to overcome him, not weapon power.

Every time I hear someone say a weapon is OP or UP, what I hear them actually saying is, "That gun/weapon class takes too much intelligence to know how to beat."

SitRepPro

Angloma wrote:

but think about all other players who don't like snipers, whe want a chance against them.

Avoid the likely areas where you'll get sniped.  If you must, use smoke grenades to allow you to avoid them.  People use smoke grenades a fair bit now as not many snipers use Dual Band as it's a very late unlock attachment.  Snipers actually have to aim their shots better than everyone else to get their kills, MLG Pros with their ARs and SMGs can put Dexterity and Quickdraw on (as they stack best with those and snipers don't have Quickdraw) and dropshot until the cows come home.

If you keep being killed by a sniper then it's not their problem, it's you.

highlandsparky

SitRepPro wrote:

Angloma wrote:

but think about all other players who don't like snipers, whe want a chance against them.

Avoid the likely areas where you'll get sniped.  If you must, use smoke grenades to allow you to avoid them.  People use smoke grenades a fair bit now as not many snipers use Dual Band as it's a very late unlock attachment.  Snipers actually have to aim their shots better than everyone else to get their kills, MLG Pros with their ARs and SMGs can put Dexterity and Quickdraw on (as they stack best with those and snipers don't have Quickdraw) and dropshot until the cows come home.

If you keep being killed by a sniper then it's not their problem, it's you.

I agree.... you should give this a try.^^^^

If your still struggling, I'd just quit playing.

Desslok

You cant avoid areas where you can be sniped as Quicscopers can snipe you anywhere.

Smoke grenade spamming may slow quickscopers down a fraction.

The obvious answer is to gimp this weapon class so it cant be used for quickscoping just like they gimped camping perks.

highlandsparky

Desslok wrote:

The obvious answer is to gimp this weapon class so it cant be used for quickscoping just like they gimped camping perks.

They "gimped" the weapon class already, Most people selecting a Sniper as a primary would also have picked Ghost as a perk. Whereas now if they're prone, they're showing up on UAV which has probably inadvertently increased the number of quickscopers.

I'm not a fan of quickscopers either but, I've learnt to deal with them...3 out of the last 4 titles we've been hearing these complaints. if your not used to it now, you never will be.

SitRepPro

I actually think sniping has potentially become more skill orientated than in some of the previous titles due to the map design becoming more CQC than before, every building has two or more points of entry and most of where snipers post up are just rooms that are a few steps high, no Quickdraw benefit to ADS, barely audible footstep sounds favouring aggressive rushers (I've topped leaderboards playing this game silently with SMGs and the amount of free kills I get is silly), snipers are forced to select a pistol as a secondary, and I don't think many snipers force the dropshot with their pistol if they're caught out like a lot of AR and SMG users do.  Sure the B23R got moaned at by some but if you have bad pistols then snipers will be feeding kills to the enemies and they won't have a launcher on them at least by default.  I used to use the Five Seven but most people can't use it too well in core as you need a very good trigger finder when most people are using fully automatics that fire 500+ rounds per minute, are able to dropshot, hipfire pretty well without even needing the laser sight attachment, fast reloads and being able to reload cancel on top of that (ammo management is a skill however rudimentary), take advantage of the aim assist more etc.

Angloma

na , I'm not bad at BO2, I can say I'm an average player, but in BO2 all snipers quickscope , what happened to ''use the target'' ?  and this is happening just in BO2 , I'm playing MW3 also and I can say sniping is decent there, played BO1 and MW2 also , and is something else there. Treyarch should release a patch balancing weapons, especially snipers

highlandsparky

I never said you were bad at Blops but, 1 v 1 you should be beating someone quickscoping 8/10 times, if not your struggling.

"All snipers" don't quickscope ......I snipe on occasions and certainly don't.

trialstardragon

There are no OP weapons in the game, never has been, just OP players taht know how to use the guns to their most effective means.

There are not UP weapons in the game, never has been, just UP players that do not know how to use the guns to their most effective means.