I think the best is: Standoff

Worst: Hijacked

• Re: Best and Worst Map?
    fissuresofrequent

Best: Raid and Standoff

Worst: Carrier, Drone or Aftermath.

guitarplayer399

My favorite would probably be standoff as well. I always seem to do well on that map, mabye because I love flanking and that map has a lot of flank routes.

My least favorite is carrier. I absolutely despise this map. There is too much stuff going on to the point where you can hardly see your enemies, and the snipers and campers take absolute advantage of that, by finding a dark corner (most likely under the jet) and pick people off with their silenced weapons with target finder or dual band.

BlackMetroid95

Best:

Raid: Who doesnt like Raid? Tons of flanking routes, and killstreaks are extremely effective. All gamemodes are great, but the bombs in Demolition are oddly placed, making for some messed up matches.

Standoff: Same thing. The main road (no mans land)  in most matches is deadly, and most of the match is almost always on the sides of the map. Snipers and TF players dominate the main road, as there is three sight lines to it. All gamemodes are fun in this map.

Overflow: Tons of long sight lines, this map too has a no mans land. Games are mostly played in the sides, especially the route with the sniper post one RIGHT above B flag. Fun in all gamemodes, especially Domination.

Notable Mentions: Slums, Plaza

Worse:

Carrier: Although killsteaks are super effective (pokemon joke not intended ) this map has too much debris, and too much snipers. Too much things going on. Hardpoint is fun (and challenging) in this map, however.

Drone:  I dont get why i dont like this map. Its just...bad.

Hijacked: Terrible spawns, campers and explosive spam plague this terrible map. Nobody uses (barely at least) the underground pathway, so teammates  and enemies alike always die trying to get to the other side, and matches end quickly. And thats just TDM. Domination and Demolition can get worse. 

Notable Mentions: Nuketown 2025 (i know the Wii U version doesnt have this, but i played it) Cargo (not a terrible map, but its not the best)

BeediferDeux

BEST: Raid, Standoff and Slums are my favourites, i also like drone and meltdown because its not often those maps are choosen.

WORST: Hijacked (just a clusterf@!£"%), Plaza (hate that map so much) and Turbine

PenguinAvenger

No love for Yemen? I like Yemen, Standoff and Overflow.

I dont like Hijacked, Turbine and Plaza.

guitarplayer399

Yemen is alright in my opinion. It just seems that everytime I hop onto Ground War (my favorite game type) it is always either Raid or Yemen. Not saying it is bad, it just gets old after a while.

fissuresofrequent

Make Ground War only Raid, Yemen, Plaza, Meltdown and Overflow and take out TDM...and ill be a happy camper.

guitarplayer399

Those are all decent maps; plaza is another one of my favorites. I used to hate overflow, but as I continued playing the game, I started learning spawns, flank routes, and so on. Now I don't really mind it, though I would prefer other maps instead.

I think Ground war should be more objective based, instead of having TDM and kill confirmed. I have nothing against those game types, I just feel that objective game types would be more enjoyable in a ground war setting. Just my opinion though.

rmbadd

studio by a mile.

WiimotesRus02

Best;

Standoff

Yemen

Overflow

Worst;

Aftermath

Drone

Aftermath

Drone

Aftermath

Drone

There, I think that covers it.

BEASTAGEDDON

I think it depends on your playstyle. Im an XP whore, and play domination only, so like the smaller maps, Standoff and Slums are 2 good ones, and probably Yemen.

I hate with a passion, Carrier, Turbine, and Aftermath. Drone can suck if your team sucks

Rest are so so

like2nap03

Worst:  Slums and Hijacked.  Slums has no flanking routes and the spawns make it a cluster bomb of crap.  Hijacked is nuketown on a boat with a basement.  Too small.  Too easy to spawn trap.

Best:  Any map other than the those two.  I like all the other ones just fine.  Even Carrier which a lot of people seem to hate. 

On a side note, I think Aftermath is the most poorly used map.  Meaning it's fairly large, but pretty much all gunfights take place in the middle of the map.  Most of them in the top floor of the building or the small alleyway leading to it.  There is quite a lot going on in the B-flag area too.  Hardly anything going on anywhere else on that map. 

WiimotesRus02

You like all the other maps, but is there one that stands out above all the others?

like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

You like all the other maps, but is there one that stands out above all the others?

Ummm....maybe.  Turbine I like because it's so big that even if you get a whole team of LMG campers, they'll be so spread out that you can still get to them.  There's always a safe path.  I can also hear everything really well on that map.  Compared to a map like Standoff where if you get a whole team of LMG campers you're pretty much screwed.  Same with Yemen.  It's so big that there's always a safe path to take despite all the headglitching LMG campers.  So I guess I like the really big maps the most.

codcanuck

Best:

Express - nice clean colors, very symmetrical, and a lot of weapons can perform well on the map. Shotguns rule the terminal while ARs govern the platforms on the other side.

Yemen - A long-range map with some good flanking routes. And you can actually see people on it!

Worst:

Slums - drab, unappealing colors. The spawns are terrible, and most games turn into a model of WWI with each team stuck on one side of the map.

Aftermath - again, very dull colors. Most of the map is wasted opportunity; it's big, but because the areas of A-flag and C-flag are so open, no one bothers with them.

squity123

Good:

Raid - Colourful, allows all gun types to flourish and looks great.

Downhill - Snipers rule just outside the Gondola place but plenty of flanking routes to keep the rest of the people happy.

Bad:

Slums - Basic, crappy map to make the others look good.

nintendon't

Best: Raid, Standoff

Worst: Hijacked. Horrible spawns, too many easy flanking routes for SMG monkeys, horrible design with no rhyme or reason, ETC. It's almost as bad as MW3 Dome. I'm gonna buy a new mic soon so I can curse out everyone in the lobby for voting it.

fissuresofrequent

Hijacked is bad. I've always loved the small maps. But Hijacked has no breathing room being too narrow. If you get bad teammates in Dom you're bound to get spawn trapped no matter how good you are.

Dome was good though. Not as good as firing range/nuketown but good for a IW map.

xWheelie

Best: Standoff, Raid, and Studio.

Worst: Hijacked, Drone , and Magma.

Padiego

Best:SLUMS

worst: all other maps

Esko91

Best imo: Slums, Raid, Standoff

Worst: Drone, this map is just so terrible.

Hijacked is ok as long as people dont camp

chad111

worst - carrier, I leave the lobby if that one wins. I'm starting to not like hijacked only because it's over played, twice in a row when ever it comes up.

best - all the rest of the maps, although I do look forward to yemen, standoff, and drone.

come on guys, this is the Nintendo section, stop it with the DLC maps, I know I'll never get to play those maps.