1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 152 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 5:38 AM by rlbl Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 20. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    TheBeastlyDude

So you're excusing the death threats because you don't like how the game runs?

• 21. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    claisty

My opinion is lack of enforcement and add-on content such as weapon camos or emblems. 

You may ask how this targets kids and I would say that in all the games I've reported boosters in 9 times out of 10 times it's a kid on the other end of the mic.  For future titles I'd love to see Activision/Treyarch/Infinity Ward add more staff to their Enforcement Division (if such a group even exists).

As for the camos, as a 30-something year old adult and from speaking with my adult friends I can tell you camos and emblems don't really do much for us.  I haven't invested in any of this additional content and doubt I will in the future.

You could of course argue that the examples listed above are a bit of a stretch to say the series is catering to kids, but I think to completely rule it out is a bit naive as well.

• 22. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Foxhound-Pro

Izjar11 wrote:

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Question: How are they targeting younger kids?

I ask because I want to see where this is coming from.

Fox you play on the XBOX, but have you not (if you do not mute them all) hear the voices? Is the level of maturity not apparent from previous titles?

I don't play pubs in in-game chat. All gaming communities suffer from immaturity, trolling and hostility in some form. I have the option to remain in my own circle of discussion and choose that every time.

My question is more so because people are stating that Activision is marketing to a younger audience. So far the responses issued to my question are not indicating to Activision intentionally marketing to a younger generation.

• 23. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    zvers

This seems to be the normal mental state these days. "I wouldn't have killed the man if he would have just given me his wallet!!!! Not my fault."

Personal responsibility my friend.

• 24. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    phxs72

I think that the influx of kids is more so the result of kids wanting to participate in what their older siblings are doing.  They always have liked running with the bigger kids and always will.  So I don't see the fact that kids play as a direct result of a marketing plan.  It's more so the result of kids wanting to be considered cool by those that they idolize.  However, I'm sure that Activision is not blind to the demographic portion that the kids make up of their player base and wisely aren't actively looking to remove them.

While I can agree that the lack of swift rule enforcement does lend itself to a greater propogation of offenses and these offenses are often enacted by the younger crowd, I don't think that the undersized enforcement department itself is an indication of catering to kids.  I think that it's more of a reality that dev companies are in the business to make games.  Not so much to police them.  In fact, the policing portion only exists to extend the longevity of the series.  Too much unwanted behavior will drive away sales.

Lastly, camoes.  This might be the best arguement towards the kids catering because they love new stuff but I'm not a kid and I like camoes.  Not that I wouldn't play still without them but they do add some flavor to the guns.  I do believe that 3 separate camo releases is a bit much and that the lastest group is not original enough to spur my interests but I'm sure that its a money maker for them and they are in the business to make money.  So I don't fault them for doing what they know will work.

• 25. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Izjar11

Your right Fox, hostility is every where on almost all online games.

Fox, no one here can prove that Marketing is directed towards the younger gamer, yet listening online tells you a different story.

As a TDM player I turn on my audio and listen to what is said after the match and there is always a voice that has to come from a very young person (9, 10, 11) cursing his life away at others.

When you mention 'I have the option to remain in my own circle of discussion" are you referring to playing with only friends and shutting everyone else off? It sounds like you have a different audio option on the xbox than what the PS3 has.

• 26. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Raeder73

-Allowing quickscoping as a valid gameplay

-Allowing split screen (regardless of it's impact to MP)

-Poor coding (how the game cannot sense boosting and kick players is beyond me).

-No enforcement when rules broken (Ex, prestige glitch)

-Ridiculous camo DLC

-Fostering a genuine lack of realism. 

Example1 - high sensitivity (shoot a guy in his back and before the second bullet comes out of the clip he can turn around is just not humanly possible)

Example2 - No penalty for jumping while shooting

Example3 - Quickscoping (using a sniper rifle deliberately for CQC is beyond ridiculous.  Even the bots in Custom Games quickscope ) ...yeah I listed quickscoping twice due it just not belonging in a game that strives to be the best 1st person shooter.

This game more and more caters to an immature/kid crowd. 

• 27. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Izjar11

Good response Raeder

Yet the only one point that you mention that convinces me is the QSping one, that is a unnecessary COD add on as you say created for the younger player.

• 28. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    zvers

Right on. This is from the IGN article:

As Amrich explains, “One of [Vonderhaar]’s many responsibilities is to keep the game as balanced as possible,” yet when he does make these changes, he “often gets told he should die in a fire or kill himself or is a horrible person. If anyone thinks for a second that this is okay, it is not.”

Yes, over a VIDEO GAME. People are actually saying this crap. It's one thing to disagree with a developers choice in a game and a completely different one to wish they died in a fire or that they killed themselves.......this world is REAL sick folks.

• 29. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    gambit1969

Its hard to believe that its all over a game..

The general mentality/maturity level has been going downhill since MW3, maybe even back as far as BO1.

Just when i think it can't reach any lower i am proven wrong again and again.

What ever happened to having a thoughtful and intelligent discussion??

The majority of what we see now is that the game does not play or you dont play it the way i want you to play it so its broken and you are stupid/wrong......you know how it goes..

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next