21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2013 7:57 AM by deamonomic RSS

flinch

deamonomic

hey all, Making another thread this time to discuss flinch. I used to hate flinch with a passion. Now I dont as much. But I still have issue with it. My only issue at the current time is when I run up, start shooting an enemy, landing first hits, but they win because they put 2 out of the 4 needed to kill me into my chest and flinch their last shot into my head. Free headshot + win. This to me is the most annoying aspect of the game. Far more annoying then anything else I have seen complained about on the forums.

I dont want it nerfed, I dont want it removed. I just want it to stop handing out free headshots is all.

• Re: flinch
    Adam1234567893

Exactly they need to make it where it flinches left and right rather then only up it's annoying when I have the enemy almost dead and bam random head shot from flinching.

deamonomic

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Exactly they need to make it where it flinches left and right rather then only up it's annoying when I have the enemy almost dead and bam random head shot from flinching.

I know! irritates me to no end. I can handle a QS killing me like that. he aimed at me, he shot me, I died. But when flinch is the reason... I mean when the ONLY reason he got a head shot was because I was shooting him, thats just BS. I could understand if the recoil kicked it up into my head, thats even more fine then flinch doing it

I think this is my smallest thread to date.

lol to KNOW end XD

Adam1234567893

Exactly nailed flinching.

deamonomic

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Exactly nailed flinching.

I used to want it completely removed. but that would be a mistake in my opinion. it just needs to be altered a bit. It was horrible in MW3. I cant count the amount of deaths attributed to free flinch headshots.

Adam1234567893

it should either flinch in a circular motion or left and right only that would make it alittle realistic but balance it out in the long run.

deamonomic

Adam1234567893 wrote:

it should either flinch in a circular motion or left and right only that would make it alittle realistic but balance it out in the long run.

I think they just need to increase the chances of it flinching up and to the left or to the right rather then strait up.

Adam1234567893

even better

deamonomic

Adam1234567893 wrote:

even better

yea, still has the upwards motion so its not changed too too much but enough to where they dont get underserved kills because of it. Flinch is supposed to be a BAD thing, but it actually helps a fair bit of the time... the rest its a bad thing

I also find it amusing and sad that we are the only ones talking about this

Adam1234567893

thats because it's a legit thing to make suggestions about lol

deamonomic

Adam1234567893 wrote:

thats because it's a legit thing to make suggestions about lol

hmmm I wonder how many responses we would get if we Put QS is evil in the title... or nerfnerfnerf....

acm2010

One too many.....

deamonomic

either of you guys have any other ideas on how this issue might be adressed? Im against the removal or nerfing of Flinch. again I simply think it needs to be adjusted.

DROXX

I dont mind the headshot thing yall are talking about very much simply because most of the weapons dont have a significant enough headshot multiplier for it to change the amount of shots to kills. (For example if a weapon deals 30 dmg up to 10meters with a 1.1x HS Multiplier ((the most common multiplier a few weapons have a 1.2x)) it will still take 4 shots to kill even with ALL 3 bullets landing in the head because they would each only deal 33 points of dmg.

Now flinch on the other hand I do not like how they have done flinch with toughness in mind. I feel Toughness should be removed from the game and automatically applyed to everyone (instead of it being a perk it just be part of the game.

deamonomic

DROXX wrote:

I dont mind the headshot thing yall are talking about very much simply because most of the weapons dont have a significant enough headshot multiplier for it to change the amount of shots to kills. (For example if a weapon deals 30 dmg up to 10meters with a 1.1x HS Multiplier ((the most common multiplier a few weapons have a 1.2x)) it will still take 4 shots to kill even with ALL 3 bullets landing in the head because they would each only deal 33 points of dmg.

Now flinch on the other hand I do not like how they have done flinch with toughness in mind. I feel Toughness should be removed from the game and automatically applyed to everyone (instead of it being a perk it just be part of the game.

in CoD with most weapons it takes 3 shots to the head to kill. or 2 to the chest and one to the head, or 2 to the head and 1 tot he chest.

But thats not the point the point is, in most of my gunfights where I die to a headshot, Its a fair bet that they were aiming for my chest, they put maby 2 bullets into it, then they launch strait up into my head for a clean headshot. Why did they go upto my head? was it because the knew it was their only chance of winning? no... it was because they flinched into my head. they had no control over it. They didnt get a headshot the dam game did.

I think the perk and flinch should remain much the way it is now. The way it is now its a give and take. in order to have something you sacrifice something. in order to have reduced flinch you spend a point on a perk to make that so. If you dont care about flinch you can pick other perks. Its a system the rewards putting thought into building your class.

It honestly feels wrong to remove or nerf it atleast IMO. Its something that should stay in the game and rear its ugly head. but it shouldnt be HELPING you to kill the other person.

DROXX

All burst/auto weapons in this game take 3-4 bullets to kill within there most effective range (the rest of the weapons are either 1 or 2 shot kills (none except the SVU becoms a 1 shot kill with a headshot).

I wont get into to much detail here but will provide a link to statistics (the AN94 and DSR/Ballista will be slightly out of date on this site becuase it hasnt been updated with the LATEST PATCH) But if you do the math there are only a handful of guns that will kill in 1 less shot if one of those shots are a headshot.

http://symthic.com/cod-bo2-weapon-charts#11111100ncnn0

I just feel that toughness has become a mandatory perk on all classes (unless you play hardcore then it is no longer needed seeing as if your shot well your dead anyways) I even use it on the KSG and R870 classes i use (seeing as i commonly ADS those weapons).

So my point is that due to the way flinch works in this game toughness is mandatory and I feel that if something is mandatory it needs to be adjusted.

But I also feel that the game without toughness has far to much flinch. I would be happy with somewhere in middle (about how BO1 was) and toughness removed.

I just dont like feeling that I have to use toughness yet the reality of it is. If I start shooting someone else with the same gun the same exact moment he starts shooting me assuming we are both dead on target with our aim. The one using toughness will always beat the one not using it.

ImTheCaTaLysT-

I use toughness on EVERY single class. It is a must. I sacrifice an attatchment or secondary if I run scavenger or fast hands because toughness is just the PERFECT counter. You get shot in the head, you keep shooting like a laserbeam. Really there is no reason to complain when the answer is right there in front of you.

deamonomic

ImTheCaTaLysT- wrote:

I use toughness on EVERY single class. It is a must. I sacrifice an attatchment or secondary if I run scavenger or fast hands because toughness is just the PERFECT counter. You get shot in the head, you keep shooting like a laserbeam. Really there is no reason to complain when the answer is right there in front of you.

I use toughness. its not MY flinch thats the issue. its the ENEMY flinch thats the problem. you cant keep firing like a laser beam if your dead from the flinch headshot. its basically an auto win sometimes. gunfights that they NEVER would have won otherwise are now theirs, not because they had better aim, not because they had a better strat, but because I shot them their gun jumped up into my face. I would be fine if it wasnt the FLINCH winning it for them. its not even My flinch. their own flinch just gave them a kill they did not deserve. had they been using toughness they would be dead.

DROXX

I have always used toughness and HATE going for headshots I am going to be working on the skorpion camo here in a bit and i am going to drop toughness from my class and aim for the crotch like i did in BO1 instead of the chest as i do now.  Just to see how often I can get a headshot from flinch

biron_w

I'm lucky if I get into a lobby where I flinch from getting shot. 90% of the time I'm in lobbies where I just drop dead with no indication I'm being shot at.

iivrruummii

Make is so that no one can have Toughness and flinch won't be a problem.

deamonomic

iivrruummii wrote:

Make is so that no one can have Toughness and flinch won't be a problem.

no flinch will STILL be a huge problem for me as they will STILL be bouncing into my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously guys its NOT the perk that im talking about here. its the fact that flinch continually and fairly often, gives the opposing player a free headshot for NO other reason then they were being shot.