1 2 3 4 Previous Next 116 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 12:37 PM by MCCOMINATOR Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    The___Professor

I don't plan to make one, but will check back here to watch others.

Great idea for the forums.

• 11. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    TheEvilSnuggles

Are you wanting a recent video? Or one that has already been done? Anyway I never post my videos on here as I'm not trying to be one of those people but I'll do it why not....

Below is a video of not only the high kill streaks you ask for but also my one and only nuclear. I go in detail about some of the dificulties with getting high killstreaks in hardcore and ways to avoid getting team killed as well as my number one tip for most any maps but esspecially this one. I believe I hit VSAT, Dogs, and Swarm 4 times in this gameplay on my way to the nuclear title. One thing that made this even more dificult is the fact I was playing solo (no party) Hope you enjoy.

Also Please understand that while my forum name here is EvilSnuggles I play under Carbn84 so it is indeed my video. If you would like proof I also have videos talking about the name change.

• 12. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    phxs72

Okay, I have my first entry into the challenge.  I had to cut the video down to just my streak run to get it under the 2 minutes that Elite will allow but here goes.  It's a HC DOM match on Downhill where my team wins and I finish 37 - 17 8 caps and 4 defends with Dogs.  I wish I could have uploaded the whole match since it was not a sure thing.  The other team flanked us relentlessly and held me to just getting UAVs the whole first half but in the second half I finally figured them out.

As tips and tricks go, pay attention to what I did when I got my UAV.  I knew that the enemy was on our home flag but I didn't know how many or which way they would go.  By putting myself in the most advantageous spot that I could think of, I set myself up for my streak run.  Later you'll see how I used my VSAT to cherry pick opponents.  If there's any thing that I've tried to learn it's that just because you have a VSAT up it doesn't mean that you are invincible.  Enjoy the video.

• 13. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

TheEvilSnuggles wrote:

Are you wanting a recent video? Or one that has already been done? Anyway I never post my videos on here as I'm not trying to be one of those people but I'll do it why not....

I think the challenge was for future games but the OP might have a better idea.  The video is dead on topic and obviously you're not spamming so I see no problems.

Below is a video of not only the high kill streaks you ask for but also my one and only nuclear. I go in detail about some of the dificulties with getting high killstreaks in hardcore and ways to avoid getting team killed as well as my number one tip for most any maps but esspecially this one. I believe I hit VSAT, Dogs, and Swarm 4 times in this gameplay on my way to the nuclear title. One thing that made this even more dificult is the fact I was playing solo (no party) Hope you enjoy.

Pretty impressive gameplay.  Once the VSAT's up in HC, it's all over for the other team.

You just kept goin' and goin', mowing them down.  Great game. 

• 14. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    rlbl

A+, Monster Kudos...

The best part to me is: It was obvious from the beginning that:

- you did not have lag advantage

- you were not playing against total noobs (but really who cares)

Other things of note:

- Aggressive objective play (nice tag whoring!! wtg!)

- Classy player (no deliberate tag stealing)

Nice Vid...

To others:

Although this is very good game play, your submissions do not have to mimic it.  Aggressive objective play is always nice to see, but camp/defending is not something to shy away from... especially if it is done for a tactical reason.

Keep them coming!

• 15. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    Izjar11

good playing phxs, first time playing vs you, you had the SVU in Standoff, impossible to beat.

• 16. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    rlbl

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

(I checked the forum member you mentioned in the OP and there was no Elite record.)

Actually the person who inspired did use their Elite account and I did check it. Not going to call him out because it serves no purpose, but suffice it to say his claims of his accomplishments and his combat record are at odds with each other.

I believe this is a fair, yet challenging objective that has been laid out (for the record, I have been failing miserably!).  After a given amount of time, I think a core challenge could yield some interesting conclusions... but is too early to tell (who knows, after the weekend we may get an influx of posts in this HC thread)

And to everyone:

Post a video (partial or complete), or it never happened.

• 17. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    rlbl

•  

• 18. Re: HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    TheEvilSnuggles

Thanks. I felt bad for one of the guys on the other team at one point becuase at the very end of the video he got killed with a drone and he goes "another swarm!"

• 19. Re: It's Friday! HC vs Core - not a debate, but a challenge
    phxs72

I'm sure that some folks will call it campy but I don't mind.  I play whatever style works and when I camped it was because I was getting bum rushed by the enemy.  However, I keep one heck of a campground because when do you ever see a camper cap not just 3 flags but all 3 flags (ABC) inside of 2 min?  Especially on a map the size of Downhill.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next