25 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2013 12:09 PM by TheBeastlyDude RSS

Why do I get teamed up with such bad players?

philla_killa

Augh. Just a short rant, but I've been on a losing streak because I get teamed up with the most worthless teammates on Domination.  I have teammates who are running away from the flags instead of capping.  We get triple capped and they run from the flags. The hell?  It seems like when I get into a lobby full of randoms, all the good players get put on the other team who know how to cap, defend, and do well. And I'm left with the trash players who do absolutely nothing. Ridiculously frustrating.

• Re: Why do I get teamed up with such bad players?
    gotsomestars

Maybe they are going for spawn kill nuclears...

Amish_Ninjas

Try playing it in Hardcore. Domination is the only game I like to play and while I am a blow average killer I like the team aspect and make up for my lack of shooting skills by capturing the objectives. In hardcore both teams are usually stacked pretty evenly.

gambit1969

Its not just you, i had a terrible run last night in TDM, for about 10 games in a row i was the only one on my team that went positve, the rest of my team were just bullet magnets.

The players on the other team were not even that good but we got hammered every game.

Its the luck of the draw when you play solo with randoms all the time

Izjar11

Its weird, after playing some games vs Dr_quick who player very well, I played solo and ran into very good players who gave me more headaches than I wanted. Its luck, whose on the other side of that controller.

Thesandman

Amish, im afraid its exactly the same on hardcore as i only ever play HC Dom and HC S and D.

I dread when we are starting and i notice that all my team mates are equipped with sniper rifles,as i know all they are gona do is lie in our spawn and not move. I have been on the other side of a map and heard the voice sayin "we're losing...." and have saw a camping team mates posistion on radar and he hasn't moved to prevent the cap.

I Know within a minute if im on a winning or losing team. Big kills are ok,but not when you have 0-1 caps.

Amish_Ninjas

Yeah it's not great but its a little better. I know my weaknesses when it comes to these games so I try and play to my strengths. You know you have a team issue when one guy has 15 captures and defends and nobody else is over 3 or 4. It's so much easier if you move around in teams of 3 grabbing flags and defending flags. More fun IMO as well.

angelo5764

Same has been happening to me in the last few Dom games. It's frustrating that I'm the only one not worrying about getting scorestreaks and instead worries about the flags. I can understand if it's for support, but they do a horrible job of it. Triple capping isn't really my favorite thing to do because the enemy team can spawn in inconvenient places around the map, I only bother with it if the people I'm playing with it are doing a good job of defending the flags.

It's not really our fault, rather it's that of the part of the community that doesn't play objectively.

Thesandman

The thing that gets me is that game control is so simple to acheive on Dom, yet so many players camp their base flag.

WhyNoName

Same here.  Team actively runs away from objectives.  Why play team objective games if you don't play the objective in some manner?  It just makes no sense to me.

I always like having 3 snipers set up shop at A or C and all sit in the same vicinity.  Perfect tactical sense right?  Dumb.

amathyx

90% of the time i am grouped with people that are playing with their controllers upside down, i have no idea how i maintain an 80% w/l

blacksmithy

philla_killa wrote:

Augh. Just a short rant, but I've been on a losing streak because I get teamed up with the most worthless teammates on Domination.  I have teammates who are running away from the flags instead of capping.  We get triple capped and they run from the flags. The hell?  It seems like when I get into a lobby full of randoms, all the good players get put on the other team who know how to cap, defend, and do well. And I'm left with the trash players who do absolutely nothing. Ridiculously frustrating.

The whole game can be frustrating if you let it get to you. 

I can't tell you how many times I've had an objective 90% secure and seen my team rush past only to get shot.  There is too much emphasis on K/D.

You can use this to your advantage, too.  You'd be surprised how many players will divert during a rush to investigate a noisy LMG off to the side.  They just gotta get that kill even if it means losing B to us.

P34nut

They are not good enough to get a decent K/D that they are so worried about in TDM so they come to objective games to get it. They are the youtube type that post up Beasted 104-4. All they do is go on to domination and kill whore and forget the objective. Now if they went 104-4 legit in TDM that would be well impressive.

philla_killa

I want to know the logic of some of these players I get put onto teams with. I just got put into a game on raid and I hear enemy VTOL and Stealth Chopper as its loading up.  Before I join, I like to spectate first to check out the score and whats going on, where my teammates are.  And all I see are my teammates spawning and then running out into the open and getting shot down.  And they're complaining because they're getting killed. 

Appearantly no one on the team knows how to shoot stuff down or wants to.  I load in with my AA class and take out the VTOL, kill myself, and take out the Stealth in less than a minute.  LOL...teammates.

illstplaya2live

Because when you have good stats you are put on the team with bad players. Your stats don't even have to be good they could only be decent and you still get put on the team with bad players. That's the way bo2 matches you up.

Harney05

Solution is never play an objective gamemode like Domination by yourself.

ShardTWN

Is this a fake video thread?

Cmon guys... objective ignoring is over now that we have Vonderhaar's scorestreaks. Treyarch fixed objective-based modes for good with Black Ops 2.

zombie_BATMAN

ive got the same problem. it seems all the real players get put on the other team and i always end up with a team of boosters.

you cant win when everybody else on your team goes double digit negative handing out free killstreaks. then i get called a try hard because im not using a split screen game to boost my stats.

AcousticChris

It's rediculous. What I do not understand at all is that jumping on the flag and helping out can net some easy points.

The amount of times I've been capping the B flag and I can see one or two people just stood near watching me cap is crazy.

And what always happens? I die a second or two before the cap whereas if they would have helped it would have been captured long before.

Unreal.

These people don't understand that, in general, if you cap two flags you will have an easier time racking up your kills than you will being spawn trapped by the enemy on one flag.

TheBeastlyDude

Think about this:

About 50% of the player base is good players and 50% is bad players.

Good players are more than likely going to be playing with other good players

Bad players are more than likely going to be playing alone

When playing with friends, you are more likely to be going for wins

When playing alone, you have your own goals, which are most likely not the same as your teammates

So... when playing alone, you are more likely to get bad players than you are good.

There is a solution: Find like minded players who have the same goals as you and play with them. Coming onto this board and complaining about them does absolutely nothing because those players are not the ones who come onto the boards necessarily.