22 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2013 8:29 PM by chad111 RSS

"You Have Been Reported for Boosting!"

LastShadowCOD

Wouldn't that flashing across your screen a couple of times make you think about stopping?

Yesterday I caught a booster that I reported a month or so ago. His stats, medals and so on were all still there. Nothing had been done about him despite his blatant boosting caught on camera (if you will). So I was wondering if a warning message would do any good? It wouldn't stop him if no action were taken by 3arc, but perhaps it would discourage others?

• Re: "You Have Been Reported for Boosting!"
    wwaxdano

Don't think they care ive reported loads lately and nothing gets one.

Whack-a-newbie

Ya, I think, like updates, all other aspects of Wii U BO2 is pretty much forgotten. They must be focusing all their resources on other priorities... Although I have noticed fewer inappropriate emblems. For a while there it was getting pretty bad. But... like most things, cut off one head and another appars in it's place. I've been playing since release and only the last few weeks has boosting gotten prevelant.

On a humorous note... I was threatened with "You Wiimote using drop-shotter! I'm going to report you!!!". Then he was encouraging his crew to all report me. Sheesh, just because you kill a guy ten or twelve times in a match they get all touchy. Funny thing though... he was QSing with a sniper rifle and didn't see any problem with that.

It's just a game girls... play it, have some fun, turn it off once in a while and go get some sunshine. It might help your mood and you might realize it's just not worth cheating for a stupid calling card or a higher ranking in the leaderboard.

ThtGyNTheBckgrnd

I honestly havent run into boosters since March or so.

Whack-a-newbie

It's pretty rare that I have actually witnessed them during game play, but if you watch the signs and replay the vid afterwards it's not difficult to find. For me the biggest clue is when several scorestreaks are unleashed all at once, then the final score shows one guy on my team with very few kills but 18 or 20 deaths. Go back and play the vid from his camera and see TI, death, TI, death ten or twenty times. I didn't realize this is what was happening until I read about it here a month or so ago (before my untimely double-secret suspension).

Most boosters don't even make a half hearted effort to hide it. Blatant cheating. And when I mention it, most don't think there's anything wrong with it. "What do you care? We weren't killing you!". Whatever, girls.

ThtGyNTheBckgrnd

It also might have to do with the fact that I usually stick to Ground War and Party Games. The last i saw were in HCTDM. He was only getting headshots and using combat axes.

codcanuck

You should try going into HQ or Multi-Team some time. Those two playlists are the breeding grounds of boosters.

bughunt

HCTDM also suffers with them, though not as bad as HQ or Multi-Team.  Like anybody else I make a point of messing up their arrangement, primarily because it screws over everybody in the lobby.

For a while now certain groups of players know that I will focus my efforts on them in order to stop the match from going to hell, so they will now spend the whole match trying to troll me with flashbangs, concushion grenades, etc, or try to get me kicked.

You know the game has gone to crap when you have to either let them boost or have them troll you because you "ruin the game for them".

codcanuck

Same here. Several times now I've run into this one booster (who arranges split-screen boosting lobbies with others) and trolled him, to the point of him instantly cussing at me when I join his game.

Funny enough, he seems to be dead-set against leaving the game early, so he'll constantly be going into the corner with his second controller only to be EMP'ed by me.

the1andonlyIKY

believe me there's been plenty. the biggest place to find them would be hc kc. its an 80-20 shot at it being at least SOME boosters. the 20 is this pretty good and very cool wiimote clan that likes the mode. theyre a fun challenge to play with or against

XxFALLENxX

after the last update in march, why would anyone think 3arc reads these forums anymore?

Ronin2012

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly does boosting achieve? Do you get some kind of advantage over other players?

never tried it and dont personally know others that have done it.