1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 6:24 PM by Hotpants22 Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    Richie55

Why is this game getting massive hate? Lets take a look.

Since Black Ops 1 they have been punishing people who have a good connection (lag OVERcompensation) and people who get host are set behind like 2 seconds in the game (Host disadvantage). It's all about them getting more casual players into the game so they can make more money.

Most of all they wonder why hosts decide to dashboard and end games. Then they added that stupid probation crap because they dont understand why everyone is dashboarding.

Then Activision noticed about the lack of pre orders and surprise surprise they announced dedicated servers to get more people to preorder the game, although it's just all another plot people who have a low ping to these dedicated servers are probably going to be punished by lag OVERcompensation again.

Yeah so much hate on COD now, blame Activi$ion for ruining the series.

• 51. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    maccabi

Richie55 wrote:

Why is this game getting massive hate? Lets take a look.

Since Black Ops 1 they have been punishing people who have a good connection (lag OVERcompensation) and people who get host are set behind like 2 seconds in the game (Host disadvantage). It's all about them getting more casual players into the game so they can make more money.

Which isn't true

Richie55 wrote:

Then they added that stupid probation crap because they dont understand why everyone is dashboarding.

Dashboarding was added as apunishment for stat whores and people rage quitting

Richie55 wrote:

Then Activision noticed about the lack of pre orders and surprise surprise they announced dedicated servers to get more people to preorder the game, although it's just all another plot people who have a low ping to these dedicated servers are probably going to be punished by lag OVERcompensation again.

Apart from the discussions for dedis started way before the game was even announced, and yes you're right there will still be lag comp on dedis as it is needed for online games, EVERY online game uses it.

Gee ya think maybe the "hate" comes from people posting misinformation and rants that then get spread

• 52. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    bkblazer

I'll give you two general reasons that don't go into specifics such as guns, perks, killstreaks, matchmaking, and over all connectivity.

The community is huge since CoD has been around for such a long time. It creates expectations because we have invested so much time into the game. Theres a sence of "this game is mine and I want it a certain way".

The second reason doesn't have to do with CoD, but instead the times in which we're living. Youtube, social media, and these forums have alot to do with sharing opinions. Unfortunately hate or discontent gives people more fuel to get up and voice their opinion more than people that accept games at face value.

Feedback is a good thing. Just hope the developers do what they believe is best for CoD. They need to listen to the silent majority. Which isn't so easy to hear. Hope they sport sitrep pro.

• 53. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    RunAndGun1

budzilla502 wrote:

I wont be getting this one when it launches. I have waited on the last four, in line, at midnight with all the other CoD junkies...lol. So far, I am still looking at this one with suspicion. During the game play at the reveal, I saw someone spawn and get shot in the back immediately. To me it tells me they arent even giving two craps about the spawn system. It is not fun, at all, whatsoever, to be on the receiving end of a **** in progress due to spawn trapping.

Which video did you see someone spawn and die immediately? I've watched most of the videos of Ghosts MP. If you can point us to the video where this happened, I'd be really interested.

Don't forget, the release of Ghosts is still 2-1/2 months away. I'm betting with the size of the maps I've seen in Ghosts, the spawning will probably be better by the time the game is released. My experience with COD is that IW tends to release the best versions of COD. I didn't have the issues with MW3 and MW2 people have talked about here. Especially with MW2, I had a great experience with that COD title.

I'll be watching these forums after the game comes out and people start reporting on actual gameplay they've personally experienced, and not the whine-fests I've been hearing so far.

• 54. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    budzilla502

Oh, most definitely MW2 was awesome, close to perfect actually. All I remember was watching the reveal and seeing the gameplay(I believe it was the scrim between a bunch of pros and RL military guys mixed in, which was super cool). I know it was a really small map and there are supposed to be much larger maps. Believe me, I am in love with azll the cool new shiny things they have done like most other people.

I dont have a problem with the stuff they do so much as the stuff they DONT do that sorely needs doing....the spawn system, being one.

I just feel like they have come to a point now where they feel its better to trot out a fancy pony made of platinum than to bring out a workhorse that everyone can rely on but looks a little run down.

We shall see when its all said and done though.

I absolutely loved(and still love and play)BO1 and MW2. Those two CoDs were as close to perfect as you can get. The only stuff needing to be fixed with those two was ingame features such as One Man Army, Noob Tubes and Final Stand. Take those things out and you about have a perfect game. Same with BO1, take out Second Chance, Famas(bullet fountain)and Ghost Pro and you about have a perfect game. They have been soooo, soooo close and then to fall away like they did with MW3 and BO2.......tsk, tsk.

Edit- I just was thinking, what it is....they try to do TOO much. Like so many have said in this thread, they shouldnt be looking to change a formula that works yet every installment they try to change that formula in very crucial areas that either work or fail miserably and there is no inbetween. If they tried to make what they have work great instead of trying to say "look what we can do" now, like a corporate version of Stuart from MadTV, then it might work out tremendously for them.

• 55. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    oops_silly_meh

Ikr, how can we judge the game if we can only watch leaked videos.

Besides, I think we were all put off by BO2, so now we think Ghosts will also be bad xD

• 56. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    rustygun

I hear you, but we have the internet to inform us and tell us what's coming which is a good thing because it allows us to give our input for all it's worth. There are many things that worry me about ghosts that don't seem to have been addressed Ref. read my posts. But im not hating, just worried I won't enjoy it. I like the way they've taken out silly airbases kill streaks and I like the look of the maps but it seems they've taken out too much stuff I like, game modes and mechanics.

And now we read the xboxone will only run at 720 up scaled which isn't the same res as ps4!? Not excited as much as normal. Extinction looks fun tho

• 57. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    Adeeez100

Sorry nicedrewishfela but i disagree really strongly. I personally think the majority of the negativity towards cod of late stems towards the extremely incompetent connectivity we have had to deal with for the last three titles.

• 58. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    deamonomic

And thus the cycle continues. This happens with every Call of duty game, before the games 1 year span is up there will be a hate thread regarding almost every aspect of the game. Its not just CoD that suffers with this tho, sadly this is the normal state of the gaming world

• 59. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    Adeeez100

deamonomic, you seem like an all-rounder, you must have noticed the degradation in quality, "in regards to connection", over the last three titles.

Connection is paramount to enable full on enjoyment of a fps game that runs at 60 fps, otherwise you just feel cheated, "all that hard work down the drain".

I know you know where i'm coming from as you seem level headed.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next