20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 8:50 PM by NOLiMiTS-JOK3R- RSS

Probation for leaving games after they've finished?  Really?

philla_killa

This is just silly, but I just got a probation warning because I backed out of handful of games after they've finished.  I'm playing Hardcore Domination and have gotten into a bunch of games that have started already and I'm not extremely happy with the teams I'm being put on so far. So, I just play, do what I can in the time I have, and then leave when the final score pops up because that's the end of the game.  I dont stick around for the final kill cam or to collect my XP points because  dont need them since I'm already a PM and would rather try and use that time to find a new lobby.

And then I get a probation warning for backing out of public games early or before they're completed.  Really?  It looked like the game was done to me because there was nothing more I could do except stick around for the final kill cam and for reasons above is why I usually dont stick around for those.  So, unless the game officially ends when we get back into the lobby, then this is just silly. And then funny thing is, I've been doing this a lot before this for a number of reasons: dont want to be put on the a team with the same players who dont play objectives, get put on a team where they're boosting for kills/being a dier for someone else boosting, or whatever and this has never happened before.  I play to the end, I see that final score pop up, and I'm out.  So, is this something new?  Has it ever happened to anyone else?

• Re: Probation for leaving games after they've finished?  Really?
    philla_killa

Ok, this is getting stupid.  This just happened:

After my probation period ended I do a match search and get thrown into a loading screen for Nuketown. The screen is taking a while to load and then I get a "server has disconnected" error message and I'm put back into the match lobby with everyone else. I decide to back out, but when I get to the 'leave lobby' pop-up option, it freezes on me a for about 10 seconds.  When I get out, I do another match search and I see that there is search going on (it's just the screen), so I try to back out again and I get the same freezing at the 'leave lobby' pop-up.  So, I decide to just to just restart my system.  And when I get back on to BO2, I'm hit with another probation warning for leaving games early.

What game, BO 2?  Why am I getting probation for getting kicked from a game I didnt even load into because of a server disconnection.  Silly, silly BO 2.

philla_killa

Is anyone else getting this problem? I'm getting put on probation because every time I try searching for a game, it doesn't always search. I'm barely playing any games and I'm getting hit with constant probations.  I get into a game, play though it, stay to the very end and get bak into the game lobby. Oh look, Nuketown...I dont feel like playing nuketown, let me back out of the lobby. I back out, do a search, nothing is happening (no search numbers going on), let me back out and try agan, I get the frozen pop-up, so I quit the game and come back on. And when I do a search, Im hit with a probation for leaving early?

What game am I leaving early?  Seriously, this is getting to be really annoying.  Is there something going on with the game? Anyone know who I can complain to if the continues? Ive been hit with at least 6 or 7 probations and have played a total of 3 games, 1 full and 2 already in progress and I didn't back out of any of them. So, this is a bit weird to me.  And the game is working fine for me, good connection, no extreme lag, everything is normal...

mzrocstar

Similar situation here I'm playing hardcore domination and I start to lag a little and get kicked off and back into the lobby where I receive a notice saying server disconnected you been kicked off server then I try to find a match and get a probation warning saying completely finish games to avoid being put on probation. Well I am finishing my games completely while I'm playing in the middle of the game they kick me off and say I left but I didn't like seriously this is very annoying i cant even play a game without it doing it..

Technical support is no help I've already complain to them about it.. soo why should i keep investing my money into this game, its been going on for a week   they need to invest into a better technical support team

amathyx

you realize your entire first post is something you yourself can fix by staying in the game for a grand total of 5 extra seconds right

philla_killa

I am aware of that and I have been staying in games since I got the first probation warning.  The thing I was questioning is why am I getting put on probation for leaving a game after it's done? It just seems really silly.  I used to back out of games a lot mid game before and was never given a probation...and now this?  Of course, back when I was RQing a lot, it was in core games and this is all happening in HC. So, I dont know if that has anything to do with it...?

NOLiMiTS-JOK3R-

i dont leave games and try to stay and play until it freezes and says connection interruption and lost connection to the host and it does it for every game ive been in and i always stay in games win or lose. i also got hit with the probation, honestly think its because people seem to cheat to get prestige master so we are all getting hit with issues because of the boosters and cheaters so you got any advice.

NOLiMiTS-JOK3R-

i dont leave games and try to stay and play until it freezes and says connection interruption and lost connection to the host and it does it for every game ive been in and i always stay in games win or lose. i also got hit with the probation, honestly think its because people seem to cheat to get prestige master so we are all getting hit with issues because of the boosters and cheaters so you got any advice.

illstplaya2live

There's no reason to leave a game because you don't want to stay the extra 8 seconds. You waste more time by going through the whole process of quitting then actually staying in the game at the end (you can time it yourself).

Leaving a game because you don't want to stay the extra 8 seconds and then complain on the forum and then bump your thread more than once for no reason. This is the logic that we have to deal with in the community now. Sometimes I wonder will these people ever stop or will it just get worse and worse...

GP95RT

lol what a dumb thread. How many things are you people going to complain about?

You deserve to get put on probation if you are going to do something stupid like that and then actually complain about the results of doing it as well...

philla_killa

I think I need to clear a few things up with this thread.   All of my post tie in with each other, so I was not bumping it for no reason. My main issue isn't with my first post because I can admit I was in the wrong, but more of the 2nd and 3rd post because I dont understand what I was being punished for.

First Issue:

-I dont leave games mid game (what I presumed mid game to be is any time before the final score popped-up). I play until the final score and if I want to leave, I do it then because I'm not longer playing in the game. I'm not longer contributing to anything. Yes, I admit that sometimes I am rage quitting at this point because I'm irritated at whatever reason and want to be done with it, but I'm waiting until the end of the game where I'm no longer playing and it's just the final kill cam. The only time I ever leave a game mid-game is either a) there is extremely bad lag. Like take 2 steps forward, move back 5 steps bad.  I dont know anyone who would want to stay in that. Or b) I get kicked for accidently team killing in HC Domination. It doesn't occur that often, but hey, accidents happen or I get trolled. 

-I understand that its a bit silly for me to not want to stay that extra 10 seconds and I guess I was wrong for thinking that the game was over when the final score came up, not when we got back into the lobby.  However, I had never had an issue with this before, recieved no prior warning, or anything, so I was in the mentality that I'm not doing anything wrong, so why stop.  Of course, I was wrong, but why am I suddenly given a probation for it now? Easy fix, though. I'll just stay in the game until we get put back into the lobby.

Second Issue:

-After my serving my probation time in the first post I made, I did a match search and it immediately started loading up game for HC Dom on Nuketown.  However, the loading screen was taking a very long time, like what you would expect if there was host migration or something. After being at the loading screen for a long time, Im suddenly put back into the lobby with everyone else with a pop up that says Error: Server Disconnected.  So, keep in mind that I never loaded into the match; I never played.  After a few seconds, the lobby suddenly clears and I'm by myself.

-I leave that empty lobby and do another match search. However, I notice that there is not search going on or any indication of a search going on. Usually you see a search percenatge filling as it looks through X number of games going on.  After waiting a few a few seconds and nothing happening, I try to leave but when I got to back out, the window that pops up asking if I want to leave the lobby freezes for a good 10 seconds.  When I do back out and try a search again, the same thing happens where I get no search going on and the pop window freezes. 

-I exit the game and restart it and when I try to do another search, I'm hit with another probation for leaving games early.  But wait, between the time from my first probation and this one, I had not been in any games.  The closest Ive got was being stuck trying to load into a game that had a server disconnect...So, why was I given this probation?

Third Issue

-After serving time for my 2nd probation, I do another search, get into a game already in progress, I play and stay until the very end until we all got put back into the lobby. So, I was not leaving the game early at any point.  I decided to just double check if I would have any more issues with searching for a lobby/having the pop-up screen freeze up on me again.  So, I leave the current lobby I'm in with no problem, but when I try and search a game, it's the same deal where there is no searching going on; it basically looks like the lobby screen is stuck.  When I try to exit that lobby, the pop-up window freezes, and I'm forced to quit the game and restart.

-Again, when I get back on and try searching, I'm hit with a probation for leaving a game early, but what phantom game am I being punished for because I did not play anything.  It actually happened to me twice in a row with screen freezing and me having to reset the game, and I got a probation.

So, my main concern with this thread is A) why am I getting all of the probations because I'm forced to reset the game when I'm stuck in a frozen lobby?  After the 1st probation incident, in the span of an hour, I was given 6 probations but not because I actually left a game early (I stayed until the very, very end), but because I was forced to reset my the game while stuck in a frozen lobby screen/the match search was not working. And I think thats a bit of BS. I'm also wondering if anyone has had this issue and I'm not complaining about it, but I am concerned.

nastymonsters

happened to me once...thing is ive paid for this game so i have the right to quit as many times as i want,,my choice. concentrate on the boosters,cheaters hackers in the game..

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i do understand. i'm just saying that if you start staying in games, then you won't get probation. then you won't have trouble with lobbies. then you won't get a second probation and so on.

it sounds like probation started the other issues.

so, i would assume no probation equals smooth sailing, though i could be wrong because my game has been doing some weird stuff too.

phxs72

The game isn't officially over until you get back to the lobby.  So the probation system sees your leaving as leaving early.  Just wait until you get back into the lobby and the problem should be solved.