7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 8:53 PM by TSmS RSS

Call of Duty Ghost Open Beta

preacherx610

I believe that the most largely await call of duty title to ever be released should have a open beta not simply because i want it but the fans and the community have made Call Of Duty what it is today. we the community are the largest most active and faithful fans of any franchise to ever be created and we deserve this open beta to this title and it shouldn't be exclusive to pro players etc.

There are many good things that comes from an open beta it gets the community that much more excited about the game it allows developers the chance to fix glitches that are found to hear our feed back and fix the major problems or the most frequent complaint made open betas do serve the games end product well but knowing the powers that be we the fans will have to wait until the month prior for release to get something like this when really it should be ready for mid to end of september

I really don't care if i have to purchase a beta token from gamestop or xbl market but i hope the developers finally get this one right and give us the fans that keep this franchise at number one what we truly deserve it's already bad enough most of us will be shelling out money for the xbox 360 copy and then again for the xbox 1 and another copy of ghost

this is just my thoughts i'd love to hear from everyone on here or on xbl msg me your thoughts or reply on the forum

gt= Raven0us Rhin0

• Re: Call of Duty Ghost Open Beta
    Zandelar001

not me, i learned a long time ago, from my world of warcraft days, that playing the beta before launch kinda takes the thunder away from the actual game launch.  I liike being surprised after the super long wait for something that I know is going to be awesome.

Submit2MyWill

I will respectfully disagree with most of your post.

The COD player base doesn't "deserve" anything. Developers make the games, and you and I buy them. That is the extent of the contractual obligation, and they (the devs) do not owe us anything more.

Most people won't offer quality feedback, and the ones that do are so few in number that they will generally get drowned out by the people complaining about unrealistic expectations. You'd be surprised at the number of people that expect a beta to be polished like the final game. They get butthurt and go cry home saying they won't buy the "broken game". That's just more white noise the devs have to wade through to find valuable feedback.

Devs have to take the time to set up a Beta that is suitable for mass release. This is time spent away from working on the game.

Like Zandelar said, betas take away from the enjoyment you get when you play the finished product for the first time at launch.

Everyone benefits by a more polished game if a game is beta tested by a core, experienced group of people who are capable of offering intelligible, constructive feedback and have experience with beta testing and are a representative sample of the player base.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Games like this don't need Beta Testers, they need Game Testers. They need those people that are so hardcore at games that they can break any game. If it can be done, the developers need to know about it and game testers do just that, they go in and break games for the benefit of the game.

preacherx610

thanks for the feedback i just have the thought that a public beta would help easily find bugs help with the buffing of guns for release i guess it was my own greed owell thankyou all again

Submit2MyWill

preacherx610 wrote:

thanks for the feedback i just have the thought that a public beta would help easily find bugs help with the buffing of guns for release i guess it was my own greed owell thankyou all again

You're welcome

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be fun, selfishly, for me to play on an open beta, but I think overall, we will have a better game if it's a closed beta.

TSmS

i know because if BF always putting out beta's why don't you guys do it trust me i been waiting for Cod to make a beta for every COD they made.