22 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 3:33 PM by Padiego RSS

A_Trey_U Please come back

Snowyday

We want  A_Trey_U  back to tell us what is going on

• Re: A_Trey_U Please come back
    BEASTAGEDDON

Your the reason he left the forums, and twitter, and miiverse, and facebook, and myspace. You contacted him nearly as much as you contacted Vonderhaar

Snowyday

No I am not its not me everyone posted about DLC

Padiego

A_Trey_U is at his office, wondering when the mexican food truck will arrive......

Enter Treyarch HQ secretary:

Pam: Mr. Trey Trey, you have 2093884 unread messages from someone called "Snowyday". Oh, he also sent you a cake with the words "DLC" written in what appears to be blood and tears.

A_Trey_U: I don't have time for this......I have to port these awesome map packs for black ops 2 wii u....but fine, i'll have a slice of that cake.

Pam: Okay sir, here you go.

A_Trey_U chokes on the cake. The cake has walnuts. A_Trey_U is allergic to walnuts. A_Trey_U is taken to the hospital and remains there for months. Sadly, he cannot work, so the map packs are never ported over to the Wii U. This is why we can't have nice things. So remember kids, don't send cakes to game developers.

PaulOFC1974

yeah come back and tell us nowt!!! tow the line

like2nap03

Tell us what's going on with what? 

aodhan567

Confused about A_TREY_U... I know he's a developer but what's so important about him?

Treize

aodhan567 wrote:

Confused about A_TREY_U... I know he's a developer but what's so important about him?

He was basically the only person at Treyarch who could use a computer to type literally and send messages to us once in a blue moon. Even if 95% of the time he just blamed Nintendo for their mistakes or said 'we're working on it'.

I'm thinking people here are getting Stockholm syndrome.

barolb

We're not being held captive now are we? Stockholm Syndrome only applies to cases where a group of people are held captive and they begin to sympathize with the capturers. We have the freedom to leave at any time, so i don't think so. The idea that we are "safe" when with Treyarch/Infinity Ward and Activision doesn't really apply, i think. Blatant fanboyism would make more sense. That or peer pressure.

Treize

Find then batter'd wive syndrom, or are you going to use a techicality to say why that doesn't work either? Because Treyarch's stick seems to be

Treyarch wrote:

I'm sorry baby, I know I keep releasing sub standard crap to you, but I promise you'll get DLC next time and we'll make sure to get you those patches like the other systems, just make sure to buy the next game and I'll be sure to make it up to you.

barolb

Uh... I think it just follows wishful thinking. I did some looking for a few minutes but couldn't find anything besides "Wishful Thinking".

True-Believers Syndrome could also fit the terms and circumstances, but it's not an actual syndrome, just a term used to describe people who believe in psychic powers even after they have been shown to be false. Just replace "psychic powers" with "DLC". *

They never promised DLC though. That its self is a figment of peoples immaginations.

Edit: *

Treize

Stop being such a damn apologist and blaming the fanbase when they treat the Nintendo community like crap.

barolb

Have you read any of my posts where i expressed my opinion? I'm pretty sure most people here know that i was REALLY dissatisfied with the sudden stop of support for Black Ops 2. I was VERY pissed off about it, especially how Wii Remote sniping got somewhat more screwed up as a result of that last patch. Does this stop me from thinking straight and trying to understand why all this is? Should i just assume that there's no reason behind all of this? I don't think so. I'm being realistic, especially because this game series is driven by the community (as a whole) and if the concensus is that the majority will ignore the Wii U, then the developers will have no choice but to abide by it and focus on the platforms that are booming in profits. Infinity Ward has even stated it. Does it justify half-***** support? Nope, but Treyarch's support has been far better than other games that have been on Wii and Wii U. That is something that is, quite sadly, true. Why is this a disappointment? Because, that means that there's no competition for them.

Look at Sniper Elite V2. Missing game modes, missing options, and missing online component and no DLC. I was going to buy Sniper Elite V2, but after seeing so much missing and for $60, i'd feel cheated if i dare bought it when i could buy it for cheaper and with everything included for a much lower price. What is Black Ops 2 missing? Just proper long term patch support and DLC. Everything else is there. It's definitely disappointing, it really is, but the fact is this, plain and simple:

The number of Wii and Wii U players who play Call of Duty is insignificant compared to the numbers who play it on PS3, and 360. The numbers for Wii were around the same for PC, but PC's infrastructure is much more advanced than the Wii's and allowed more things to be done than the Wii could handle. Most people don't even give a crap about the Wii U version of CoD. Should the developers? To quite a degree yes, but where the majority of people play and the majority of their sales come from they need to be there to support it. That's the reality of it. They need to focus on where the money comes from. Will the Wii U version ever get proper support? Unlikely at this rate. If you want to make change, then you need to push forward yourself it seems.

I started submitting my clips to top 5 plays and channels that did clip showcases/clip of the day channels too. I made it onto SteveSchwindt's Go Hard Series a few times now, and even made it onto Slowburn's Top 5 Plays (they are X360 CoD channels). If there are any channels thare willing to accept Wii or Wii U clip submissions, then i'll submit clips to them, as what i'm doing with WiiClip247. One of the major problems with CoD on Nintendo platforms is the way people see it. At the current rate i seriously believe that CoD on Wii U will die out because the community (of Nintendo gamers) is getting fed up with the lack of support, and because sales are seemingly bad on Wii U (and they kind of are at the moment). There needs to be a reason given to play CoD on Wii U, and people don't see any reason. You get inferior support and that's a major disadvantage. If Wii U players who have gotten quad feeds or 5 man on screens submitted their clips to PS3/360 clip of the day channels too, community montages, etc it could gain Wii U players and the console more recognition. That's currently one of the issues presented as a problem. The Wii U version looks the same, so it's harder to tell them a part, and people advertise their channels and Black Ops 2 gameplays as being on Wii U, it gives a reason to present bias points against the gameplay in question.

xBlackCat215 did some Machinima videos of Black Ops 2 and people kept on taking it as PS3 gameplay if not for the buttons on screen. Seriously, people won't notice the difference unless it's Wii Remote!

I just think that there's alot of problems with the current situation the Nintendo version is presented with. The developer won't (and can't) do anything to turn sales away from the Microsoft versions, and many Ninetndo gamers themselves haven't done enough to help. It wouldn't do much, but it would help a bit to change the perspective of people who see the Wii U version as being inferior. As it is right now, the Wii U versions are ignored. You want to get noticed? You have to do stuff like this sometimes. If you can correct the perspective, then that its self will cause some change. Tmartn may do Wii U coverage of Ghosts (like actual gameplay videos). That its self can cause a boost in sales and perspective change because Tmartn has influence among gamers. Problem right now: if you get gamers from other platforms who have influence among others to acknowledge something, then people who watch them will start to follow and and agree (because of fanboyism- not all would agree, but still). That is why i think those who hold large subscriber counts to have a stupid amount of influence, and in situations like this i think it's a good thing to make use of that fact.

Seriously, the fanbase is at fault almost as much as the developer (yes i do blame Treyarch, Infinity Ward and Activision since it's still their duty to properly support their products. I'm just being realistic on the reasons WHY). If you want something, then sometimes you must be forceful, and this is one way of doing that. I've been slow on trying because i've been giving up on it. I won't really be bothering with CoD when school starts soon; i won't have time to and it would be a waste of my soon to be valuable time trying to make change to something like this. My last attempt will be the montage EliteKing is editing and possibly a final set and compilation (maybe actual montage) of my best clips. After that i'm pretty much done. I value my future more than a game's.

nintendon't