13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 3:51 PM by Adam1234567893 RSS

Ideas for Infinity Ward.

Adam1234567893

Okay I have DLC Ideas and ideas for balancing this will be the post that I continue to post ideas to for Call of Duty Ghosts anyways here is a list of all my past DLC Ideas that I would like to see in this game http://community.callofduty.com/message/413718811#413718811.

Okay moving on to the balancing it's a simple thing to implement basically instead of nerfing everything that players find "overpowered" buff the weapons that can't compete with that gun instead because the nerfing cycle is a never ending cycle while buffing guns will eventually end. Another thing you can do is stop catering to play styles and start actually helping the noobs out basically showing them routes of the maps and have a recommended class list for the new players as well basically it will recommended the gun type and equipment based on how they play and based on the map that way you don't have to nerf or buff anything just cause noobs are having a hard time. Another thing that's becoming a problem when it comes to balancing is aim assist not sticky aim but aim assist it's been happening since Black Ops 1 you have to much aim assist in your games basically winning gun battles for players who shouldn't have won them. Please don't be a bigger offender then Black Ops 2 when it comes to aim assist. When it comes to balancing don't cater to any play styles or nerf any guns instead help the players out that are having a hard time by providing actual help using hints and tips and information based on their past games such as what they did wrong.

My first official idea for Ghosts is a DLC map idea the map will be called Plane Chaos basically the players will start off in a plane twice the size of the plane in MW3's Campaign and it will be a two story plane for games like Search and Destroy and Demolition the Objectives will be on each side of the plane for Domination it will be A and C flag at both ends while B flag is in the Middle and for game modes like Headquarters it will be random. Capture the Flag will be flags on each side on the second story. Okay here is how this map will be dynamic and fun and large when a team hit's the half way mark with their points or when the time is half way done or during Half Time for Search and Destroy/Rescue the plane will crash in a rural town surrounded by a forest the crash site will be bigger then Derail if you have full health you will be stunned and forced to go prone if you don't have full health you will simply die and spawn in your team's new spawn area the plane will crash in the middle of the map so for Domination the B Flag will remain in the plane. For Domination A and C will be put on each side of the map for Capture the Flag both team's flag will be put on each side of the map. Game modes like Headquarters will remain random and SandD and Demolition will have the objectives moved to the middle of town. After the plane crashes for any game modes you will get a little more time added to the current time so you can finish the rest of the game in or out of the town. Score Streaks that require air will not be able to be used until the plane crashes.

Do any of these ideas sound good?

• Re: Ideas for Infinity Ward.
    Adam1234567893

I have another idea it's about the launchers basically I think they should have attachments too such as sights and projectile types and fire rate and accuracy attachments as well. For the Projectile types there should the High Powered projectiles basically you shoot them further meaning more range and it raises your accuracy at the expense of the energy in the blast and there is the High Energy projectiles basically it adds damage and it adds a higher blast radius at the expense of accuracy and range. Then there is the Area Effect Projectiles basically they shoot normally but have less damage but either toxins or fire or radiation lingers in that area for a period of time doing damage to the enemy if they are in that area.

Adam1234567893

I have a perk idea basically it will be either call Radar Jammer or Scrambler it will be like Dead Eye only way more different basically you start off with the default range from previous games and every kill you get the range of Scrambler increases making it hard for the enemy to pin point your or your team mates when you get 10 points or 10 kills in a row you will become a permanent Counter UAV until you die or get killed. I also have another idea basically it's a create a perk feature you get 5 slots of space for 5 perks basically you will get the effects that aren't in Call of Duty Ghosts to choose from and you will only get two effects depending on the effects it will decide how many points your perk takes up. I also have a loadout idea as well basically I think you should put a random class generator into the game.

maccabi

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Okay moving on to the balancing it's a simple thing to implement basically instead of nerfing everything that players find "overpowered" buff the weapons that can't compete with that gun instead because the nerfing cycle is a never ending cycle while buffing guns will eventually end.

you cant buff other weapons you'd just end up with a game full of weapons that are too powerful. Weapons get nerfed because their power bands and learning curves rise and diminish respectively over time or because they act differently to how the devs intended in live games (dual wield pistols being a good example in mw3)

Adam1234567893

I have another map idea I hope Infinity Ward uses these ideas anyways the map is called Flooded Block basically it's a city block surrounded by buildings that are all at least 3 stories or more high basically it's storming and there are many factors that play in this map at the start of the match it's storming every 30 seconds the water will rise more and more you will be able to use the streets below and the basements of the buildings until about the 3 minute mark after that the combat goes into the buildings basically you can make your own pathways that connect all the building with C4 or wait for events to happen that connect them naturally the buildings will have leaks all over at the start of the mat ch as well. Around the 7 minute mark the water will be high enough to flood the first and second stories of the map causing players to go even higher and looking for more pathways and flank routes.

I also have two game mode ideas that I really think will be great editions the first one is called Elimination you can play it as a team or FFA basically you will get 5 to 10 lives with 2 to 4 rounds to play the last one standing will get a bonus you win by getting the most kills so you can't just hide and for Team Elimination it's pretty much the same only it requires the entire team to be killed instead of just one person. The second one is called Assault basically it's a series of objectives that you have to complete the map and spawns will change every time an objective is completed basically the objectives range from blowing up something or arming a bomb or activating a terminal or capturing a key point in the map and the last objective will always be capturing a flag or suitcase and then escaping with it meaning running it to a specific point across the map. There will be two teams a defending team and an attacking the defending team will be try to prevent the attacking team from completing the objectives so basically the defending team is running down the time while the attacking team is trying to complete the objectives it will be a two round game and if it's a tie the tie breaker will be one life KC.

StatikKill

The game would eventually turn into Hardcore, I don't like Hardcore, I play core.. Because if someone has better aim should get the kill, not the other guy spraying bullets across the map.

Adam1234567893

That's not how it is in Black Ops 2 it's whoever has the OP gun get's the kill so it has nothing to do with accuracy in Core not to mention the amount of aim assist that's in the game.

maccabi

Adam1234567893 wrote:

That's not how it is in Black Ops 2 it's whoever has the OP gun get's the kill so it has nothing to do with accuracy in Core not to mention the amount of aim assist that's in the game.

you understand all weapons have different stats right?

all buffing all weapons instead of nerfing one would do is keep the weapons on par with each other BUT the time to kill would drop making the game stupidly insanely fast. You also wouldn't eliminate the reason one gun was considered op to start with.

Adam1234567893

This is suppose to be a fast paced game and yet players find a way to slow it down. All I am saying is that all guns should be able to compete with one another without having them all 99 hit kill nerfing is a never ending cycle basically as soon as a gun is nerfed the garbage players switch to another strong or overpowered gun then the complainers complain about that gun being overpowered and it get's nerfed then you rinse and repeat pretty much the cycle repeats it has happened with all the Call of Dutys. Gun Balance shouldn't be weakening all the guns it should be about making them have the ability to compete in the right hands no gun should be too easy to use the strong ones should require skill and accuracy while the weak ones are some what easy to use.

trialstardragon

It is not just meant to be a fast pace game all the time. It is not just meant for rushing all the time.

you do realize that you get that balance through the correct combination of buffing and nerfing, not just one or the other.

Adam1234567893

Okay but whenever a nerf happens they nerf it in the wrong way basically making addressing the problem pointless and unneeded. Guns should be able to compete with each other is all I am saying either by nerfing strong guns that are too easy to use or by buffing guns that are too hard to or they just flat out can't compete.