7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 12:34 PM by NoLifeKing29 RSS

Will there be a team vs. team mode with no respawns ?

affinityXX

That would diversify the quality of challenging team modes that Call of Duty Ghosts has.   Yes, respawns is very popular, but team deathmatch type modes with no respawns would expand COD Ghosts's appeal

to a broader audience and allow more players to play how they want, and modes that tests players skills, teamwork and survival at even greater levels. 

Some players really like the survival nature that no respawns brings to the matches. People that prefer

something else, don't have to choose modes like that, but it's still very valuable to have that option for

professional teams and players that want their kills and survival to count more.

In my opinion a team elimination mode (without objectives other than to completely eliminate the other team), would greatly improve Call of Duty Ghosts selection of multiplayer modes to choose from and benefit more in sales and interest from a wider variety of shooter/multiplayer communities.       

• Re: Will there be a team vs. team mode with no respawns ?
    Submit2MyWill

I don't think that would be enjoyable. The games would last about a minute and then be over.

Have you played S&D? That's actually very fun because there is an objective.

eX_sniperzz

what's wrong with SnD

JobIessMoney

Elimination is an amazing game type. Round based where your only objective is to eliminate the enemy team. Of course you will compare it to SnD obviously but I would take elimination over search any day of the year.

iamyourfather

Are you talking about one round snd with no objectives. I feel if the person dies first he will leave the lobby. No second chances after fast death

ForeignAllies

Here's an idea
    i think there are not enough FFA objective game modes so here is one
    it can be done for a team game as well but i think FFA would be better

6 people on a map spawn in, 10 seconds in they are marked with an objective to reach that is only visible to them, sort of like a CTF flag point
    you must reach that point alive ofc, remember there is only 1 life (well there could be variations with 3 lives maybe but that may disturb the flow of the game) once you reach that point
    either you get points for kills but i think it'll be better to earn a point each time you get to an objective
    there should be multiple capture points like maybe 20-30 so people cant learn and camp the objective respectively
    remember there are only 6 people with 1 life each
    once an objective is captured another spawns in in 5 seconds
    objectives are capped instantly once u pass over them
    do you rush for points?
    or do you play slow and try to stay last alive?
    last alive gives you an extra point.
    do you see an enemy and go for the kill?
    or do you ignore him and go for the objective knowing rushing that kill could get you killed
    you could see people mutually back out of gunfights and go for points, which'll make the game quite interesting i think
    a problem i can see happening is determining is where to place the objectives so that it is fair for every player
    but we can think of sorting out problems at a later date
    the idea is still fresh

ForeignAllies

Also just as in SnD no party chat will be allowed as this could ruin the game if you invite a friend or two and agree to cap points for the win.
      once dead you will spectate anyone you want and having the ability to see their objective and tell a team mate to camp it will again ruin the game
      yes there is private chat but this can also be used in SnD currently so sorry i have no fix for that
      if you do please reply

NoLifeKing29

Elimination works well in Gears of War, but it would be dreadful in COD. Just play Search.