8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 1:26 PM by zrt23 RSS

Ain't play DLC Vengeance maps anymore

zrt23

Hi,

I have recently reinstalled Steam and BO2 multi because of lag I experience since few weeks. The game looks smoother since I did it, it's a good thing but now I cannot play anymore on Vengance's maps (uplink, cove, detour, rush) .

• When trying in private match, I have a game loop at the loading screen:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/635295181839309856/1750D84C0FEDE1A49B77B8C96 CA133F5409B2207/

• And as expected when joining a public server running one of these maps, I got disconnect with this message (sry it's in french):

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/635295181842012000/3550270508F29A66499F86FDF B8F2F7EAC8CE431/

Tried CGF procedure but I still have the same problem.. need help, ty.

• Re: Ain't play DLC Vengeance maps anymore
    Momba1

The GCF Procedure deletes all quick loading cache so try to load the games again in a Custom Game. However, if that fails and in other maps you're able to sustain >45 FPS and your PC exceeds the minimum specs then:

• Make sure you have at least 15%-20% Free Space on your HDD and that the HDD is defragmented.
    • Failure persists then make certain your HDD has no bad sectors by running SFC with both options selected and restart the PC (note: a 1TB HDD 7.2K takes 1-2 hours) - http://i.imgur.com/dL3VF1m.jpg ; this is a good procedure to do periodically for all drives.
    • Failure persists then manually delete the local files in your Steam folder and re-install the game; location e.g. I:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II ; locations vary from PC to PC after deletion restart Steam and the files should be re-installed. Keep in mind with all DLC the download is approximately 19-20 GB.
      zrt23

Well, I did everything already but the problem is not solved. Even worse, when I party with my friend ( he is host) he also get kicked with same message when joining a server running Vengeance maps.

The only thing I have not tried is to completely delete any BO2 component as you stated above and re-download the whole game.I'll try it this night..

Momba1

Make sure that the 'Host' has an Open NAT otherwise, pff, who knows. Often I'm the Host because i not only have a great connection, Open NAT, but I'm really fast and creative in our Private Matches. The simplest way for an Open NAT is to use DMZ Host to your PC's static IP address. Also, don't use a WiFi connection...use Ethernet (CAT-5e/6) or a PowerLine connection.

Further, IF you're still having the problems playing a Custom Game i.e. by yourself i.e. locally then sure re-install fully as I described above.

zrt23

All it's ok mate, I helped my friend to set his connection, he is open NAt (me too) and we both play on ethernet (CAT5e).

I think Obmar is right, i asked myself about it already but like others DLCs worked fine, I thank I was wrong.. .

Sevral weeks ago,I changed the game language (french to english). Since reinstalled the multiplayer (3 days ago) it's back to french language. I'l try to set language english another time and post results.

Obmar

You're definitely missing files. Since verifying cache didn't fix it I am thinking it could be a language mismatch issue. Make sure the game is set to the language of the license you own before installing or verifying cache. Also make sure you have enough HD space. You can also check if you have some of those files directly in the install. You should see files in zone>all that list zm_buried for Zombies buried and for MP mp_bridge and mp_paintball for detour and rush. Lastly make sure you see the license when you do view downloadable content after right clicking that game.

Obmar

Another post says something may not be hosted right on Steam side. If you don't want to wait for a fix try changing language to English if the above didn't help.

zrt23

As I posted above, I think you are right, but the game is set to the language of the license I own (french) since I reinstalled. It auto-set to french as default language. As I played the game in English several weeks before to reinstall the multiplayer, perhaps the problem come for this.. or I do not see what's wrong..

I go check it ..

zrt23

It's odd, while I was posting,  Steam downloaded an update of BO2 multi (614Mo).. So, I just launched the game and re-tried Vengeance's maps and it works now.

Dunno why the update did not came up when I reinstalled the multiplayer, anyway I think you were right Obmar.

Ty for help guyz