48 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 2:11 AM by Necaross RSS

any tips from master prestigers i want to get really good at cod

KMB_GoG_Antonio

i realize i have been losing alot and not ranking up as fast alot of people recommended some tips for me but to me it seems that they are easier said than done i have been playing cod for about 6 months now bo2 was my first and its getting frustrating

• Re: any tips from master prestigers i want to get really good at cod
    Izjar11

KMB_GoG_Antonio wrote:

i realize i have been losing alot and not ranking up as fast alot of people recommended some tips for me but to me it seems that they are easier said than done i have been playing cod for about 6 months now bo2 was my first and its getting frustrating

Just keep playing man, there is no magical solution to learning. Keep trying, learn a gun well, move and hide and aim.

question: Describe how you play maybe some of us can help based on that.

magis123

Not a prestige master and by far not one of even remotely the best in the game but I think in the other thread that you started which has basically the same question just asked in a different format, they gave you plenty of logical and reasonable suggestions.  So my first suggestion would be to go read that thread.

KMB_GoG_Antonio

its ok that your not a prestige master anyone will do but i saw the tips and they would be easy to follow if i could actually get kills and die less not that im woorid about k/d its horrible besides im prestige 6 only because i have been playing staight for 6 months

magis123

Wait you are Prestige 6 and you have only been playing for 6 months and you feel that you are not leveling fast enough.  Man then I must really be screwing the pooch because I just cracked Prestige 8 and have had the game since it came out

And like someone mentioned, awareness is a good key.  One of the things I did when I started was pick one gun that I liked and ran with it most of the time which I did very successfully with the SIG-556.  Since then I have been on a challenge completion hunt and honestly could care less how many times I live or die so long as I am having fun.  I tend to play more of the objective based games anyway, particularly DOM, where I play the objectives hard.  It all goes and depends upon what your goal is here.  My goal has never been to Prestige Master and be the best at Black Ops 2 in the entire world, my goal since I purchased the game has been to play and have fun.  And I have succeeded at this 90% of the time.

phxs72

For this being your first CoD and only playing for 6 months, you can expect to be behind the learning curve.  You are where most of us have been when we were only 6 months into CoD.  The good news is that you probably are getting better.  I don't know how to explain it but typically by the time you've entered your second title the lightbulbs start to come on and the things that you actively have to think about now begin to become instinct.  By the time that I finished BO1 I had a clock in my head for just how long it would take the enemy to get back to me and knew when to turn around.  In MW3, I had to learn that the clock had changed but it was an easier adjustment for me simply because I already had a clock.  In BO2 the clock changed again amongst other things but again the adjustments get easier as you go along because often the skills that you pick up along the way can be built upon.

At this point in my gaming, I can tell you exactly when to expect to meet up with players and can process how their loadouts and preferred routes will alter that timing.  Add to that knowledge things like spawn locations and a feel for when the spawn is getting ready to flip and you can position yourself to be advantaged in most gun fights.  But this type of knowledge doesn't come overnight.  It takes time in the game and paying attention to what's going on around you to get it.

Right now you are at the right point to be thinking about how do I die less and that's exactly what you should be focused on.  It's not so much about getting more kills but rather just staying alive longer.  If you learn how to stay alive longer the kills will come to you and your knowledge of the timing of things will increase as you will be in position to see what's happening better instead of spending your time just trying to get back to the action.

If you are not already, you should be running a UAV all the time.  Past that set your streaks up for something that you can achieve and preferably ones that don't take you out of the game for too long.  As you find yourself achieving these streaks pretty regularly consider taking the next step and moving your streaks up to slightly more difficult ones.  You goal here is to get used to staying alive longer.  Actually getting the streaks is a bonus but getting in the habit of learning how to stay alive long enough to get the kills to achieve them will make you a better player.

KraQ

This is a troll for you (just couldnt let it go , could you)

Bielsalmighty

Patience - learn the spawns. Even better, roll with some friends, and call out when spawns have flipped. Work those flanks too, dont feel that you have to up your sensitivity massively - stick with what works best for your accuracy.

But above all - patience. Its likely you wont be pwning left right and centre on your first ever CoD. Best advice is concentrate on each gunfight as it comes. Try not to let the thought of the match score or your scorestreak progress enter your thoughts too much. Sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how often your game goes to pot when you realise you've almost got your streaks.

Alky6

Prestige Master is overrated. It's big goal and you can't wait to get there, problem is, when you do, it's an anti-climax. Suddenly you find that you no longer have purpose. The XP points are irrelevant, and the incentive to stay in a game is gone. What you're left with is completing challenges and getting gold/diamond guns that you haven't achieved yet. Once you reach PM, you will suddenly understand when they said, "play the game to have fun", because that's all that's left. 

sennalike

I'm on my third run to PM, probably won't get there though as I have dramatically reduced my time on the game.

Play domination or ground war, and play the objective, capping and defending can give good Xp. It'll help to get kills, but you can get good Xp regardless. Remember you will get more Xp going 17-25 than 9-2.

Use Emp grenades, but don't throw them randomly. Run with something to take out enemy air support. Keep you eye on any challenges close to completion, they can be reading for Xp.

philla_killa

What is your PSN, OP?

If you'd like, I could watch a few of your games in theater mode (if its working) to see if I can pick up a few things that you're doing right/wrong.  The thing is, with this game, you can get all the tips and tricks you want, but until you are comfortable to and able to apply them to your game, they're practically worthless. The only way to get better at aiming, learning the maps, learning lines of sights, snapping onto targets, and just doing better overall is to keep practicing and making things second nature.

Also, don't try to do everything at once/learn everything at once. Baby steps is the best way instead of overloading yourself with information. Again, as you progress, you'll get better and things will just come naturally.  Figure out what your strengths are as a player so you can focus more on your weaknesses.

GP95RT

Master prestige doesn't necessarily mean you are good at the game...could just mean you have played it a lot.

Anyway, play defensively and at a slower place until you get good. Then you can rush more.

Equip streaks that you are capable of getting more than once in a blue moon. I'm not sure how good you are (could you give us your stats?), but I would go low if you are having trouble getting good at the game. Care package is always a good choice for a newb.

Always look out for the skulls. That's something a lot of players don't seem to do.

Knowing the maps is always a good start and knowing the spawn locations can give you a great advantage at times.

I mean you don't really outline much so it's hard to tell you how to improve...

REVENGOLOGY

im a prestige master, but its hard for me to explain what i do to do well so the only tip i will give you is theater mode is your best friend.

Play a game see who did really well from either team, then go to theater mode and watch it from his point-of-view, keep an eye on his load-out, if hes camping dont bother watching it then cause he doesnt play your style then. As far as your streaks are  concerned, remember kills arent then only things counting towards your streak.

A well tossed can get you a VSAT, just ask ghamorra

r8edtripx

KMB_GoG_Antonio wrote:

Apologies if I'm covering things others have covered in this thread.

Also, when you're saying you want to get really good at COD, I'm not sure if you need some more fundamental tips for someone who's just starting out, or simply some strategy. So if nothing I write serves you, then at least I gave it a shot.

****PORT FORWARDING**** - This is often overlooked. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have DEFINITELY seen a marked difference in lag since I port forwarded my router.

Also, wire your ethernet cable from your router or modem if at all possible.

Use the "GAME" setting on your TV. You can still make changes in brightness or other things, but the "Game" setting on many TVs does less or no processing, that other settings will.

Everything above isn't improving your skill per se, but it will help you produce positive results.

1. Map knowledge is important and one crucial part of that is knowing where the enemy is spawning. Usually on the opposite side of where your teammates are. So it's key to be aware of your teammates' position.

2. It depends on the weapon, but hip-firing can be extremely effective. Don't feel like you have to ADS all the time.

3. Practice strafing while keeping your bullets on target.

4. Concentrate on keeping your crosshairs either right in the middle of the screen, or, more importantly, right where you'd expect the enemy to be if you're running/walking toward a spot. This way, if someone does pop out, you're already on target. This is something that needs to be engrained in you. SO important.

5. Sometimes it's good to assume there is an enemy on the other side of the door, or wall. Pre-firing as you're exiting the door, or coming out from behind a wall can be good if you're using a silencer, but if you're not, it'll give away your position.

As far as ranking up...

EMP, EMP, EMP. Tactical Insert, Tactical Insert, Tactical Insert. This is more for objective game types, but it's effective.

If you're playing domination, use your TI to stay near the objective, with fast hands, you'll always be in the action. Run Engineer so you can see all the equipment. Sometimes, you'll see a house full of campers with their equipment, and just 1 EMP gets you a nice amount of points. Also, anyone on your team that kills an enemy right after you've thrown an EMP, will get you points.

I can't say enough about EMPs.

Mav8368

Lots of dead opponents, extreme amount of patience and repeat. I know it seems like it takes forever to level up but you just gotta play as much as possible and not keep checking your progress. If you keep checking your progress it amounts to trying to watch water boil it will just seem like its never gonna happen. Focus more on getting your camos.

Necaross

I wouldn't say that cause your a master prestige, your actually good at the game. As long as you enjoy the game, not sure that ranking fast is the real issue there, but that's my opinion. I'm prestige 9 near 10, my kd is .64 but my pts per mins on DOM is over 300, depending on how you play the game, as long as you enjoy it, the rest will come along

KraQ

the best this for you to do is watch a couple of my games. I dont do anything fancy but I get alot of kills most games ...heres a lil food for thought ..your only as good as your team and the competition your playing and as many hours you put in ...

this is something that I did in Nuketown last night ..If you'll take note I don't do anything overly special that I know they got to pass and cut them down ..nowadays I like using the shield cause it frustrates them and gives me a easier shot ....as you can see I'm not the best but I get kills ..but trust me with a lil practice your going to slaughter the competition eventually just dont rush it

xxphenomen4xx

I'll tend to find the best gun and run with that, then I'll try the lesser gunwhen I get better!?

montaserda

Everyone has their own style on how to do things a question like this is dumb if you are still **** after 6 months then I suggest you put the game down and play another one