1 46 47 48 49 50 Previous Next 517 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 4:48 PM by iivrruummii Go to original post RSS
  • 470. Re: Quickscoping
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r wrote:

They can be close....

I'll meet you half way and say they can be close.  But close enough so it might as well be 1:1 with the nake eye.

Not always, of course, but it happens just as it doesn't. 

• 471. Re: Quickscoping
    trialstardragon

You really don't even need 1:1 to prove anything either. To some people only 100% proof will ever do for them. And because no one has ever offered it to them they can and will claim it is still not proof. Those kinds want every frame and second to match up exactly and even if there is only .00000001 seconds difference they will claim it is not proof. Yet in the real world everyone hears that too much sun is bad for you. Yet people go their entire lives living in bright sunny area's and never have any of the so called harmful side effects that it was said to cause. So even those that claim to know the truth don't always know the truth as well as they claim but cannot ever say so; for then other things they once claimed to be true could have been false as well. Thus leading to a possible cascading effect of the believe in what they know or felt they knew being shattered. Something that most who claim something is one way and one way only cannot ever truly handle.

There is no just black and white as the empirical test sort of people expect and want for all things. There is various shades of gray but they don't ever want to see that or accept it for it undermines their entire way of thinking and believing. And since nothing can ever truly be just Black or White they can say they are never wrong since no one can ever truly prove them wrong 100% of the way.

• 472. Re: Quickscoping
    deamonomic

trialstardragon wrote:

You really don't even need 1:1 to prove anything either. To some people only 100% proof will ever do for them. And because no one has ever offered it to them they can and will claim it is still not proof. Those kinds want every frame and second to match up exactly and even if there is only .00000001 seconds difference they will claim it is not proof. Yet in the real world everyone hears that too much sun is bad for you. Yet people go their entire lives living in bright sunny area's and never have any of the so called harmful side effects that it was said to cause. So even those that claim to know the truth don't always know the truth as well as they claim but cannot ever say so; for then other things they once claimed to be true could have been false as well. Thus leading to a possible cascading effect of the believe in what they know or felt they knew being shattered. Something that most who claim something is one way and one way only cannot ever truly handle.

but heres the thing. Kill cams have a HIGH tendency to show a players aim being off. Yet you guys would rather assume and then rage at it because it showed the sniper being off target. Logic should point you to that not being what really happened since this is something that happens regularly. The post earlier in this thread showed a guy getting hit markers while off target using the AN94. Was he really off target? no.

• 473. Re: Quickscoping
    trialstardragon

Yes, but not all the time. There are the rare times when it is exactly what was seen by both players. Not often but it does happen. So they are not always imperfect or off as is claimed all the time.

• 474. Re: Quickscoping
    deamonomic

Yes sometimes they can be very close. But what I dont understand here is why, when its accurate you go with it, but when its showing something screwy, why dont people realize that it is most likely caused by kill cams and theater not being accurate?Instead people jump in bed with it and start getting pissed off when they shouldn't. Its the exact same situation as people accusing other players of having a mod based off of a screwy kill cam. Do they have a mod? in reality no they dont, but the kill cam is showing them firing far faster then they should be able to. But rather then realize he didnt fire that many and that it was Kill cams being off, He rage quits and sends you hate mail along with reporting you for cheating.

• 475. Re: Quickscoping
    devidog_kyle

Here is a simple way to rationalize quick scoping, map layouts. If the maps are similar to BO2, mainly close range maps, then there should be some amount of qsing. If the maps have some larger open maps like COD 4 and MW2 then I don't feel that there's a need for it. I believe it's that simple.

• 476. Re: Quickscoping
    trialstardragon

Why? simple, not everyone understands it is not 100% accurate all the time but only some of the time. So they assume anything they see is 100% all the time. So when it shows a BS death they call it so even when that death is mostly likely not being depicted accurately at that moment. Which is why the killcam is not in a lot of other fps games to prevent such misunderstandings.

The killcam was really meant for drama and a bit of player location info that it what it does good at. Driving up the drama on a death; but almost too good for then people who take the game too serious get bent out of shape by it and then leave or call foul play.

The kill cam can and does show lag. When the game is lagging the kill cam is off more than at any other time. When the players are actually in sync and current with states of game play equal on both consoles the cam can be very truthful to what did actually happen at that moment. The proof of the lag is when it says a shot was a head shot yet shows the shot landing far off to the right or left of the actual player. At that point both players are actually lagging to each other and the host and no longer in sync. But that lag and desync is not caused by the game itself but by the internet but players like to claim it is the game. When really some router along the way ate the more recent game state update for some reason and it never reached either console. So now each is off by an update or two and don't know this.

The other problem is most players believe that the desync aka lag can be removed from the game 100% and it cannot ever be done while playing online across the internet. So they cry to devs to fix the game when there is nothing to fix. The game is working as it was intended. Just again that player is trying to take the game way too serious.

• 477. Re: Quickscoping
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

trialstardragon wrote:

The killcam was really meant for drama and a bit of player location info that it what it does good at.

Although I agree with the part of using it to ID location, weapons and playstyles of the player that just killed you (especially useful with a guy using a tac ins.), are you sure this just isn't your own preference on how the killcam should be used. 

If not just your own preference, can you cite a source with real authority confirming your version on what the cam is "really meant for." 

• 478. Re: Quickscoping
    deamonomic

That has been posted a several times. Back in Black ops one the developers stated that the Kill cams are for entertainment purposes only. Thats all they were created for. Their words were to the effect of "kill cams are not meant to be forensic tools to determine exactly how you died"

Again man if you want to believe that the screw cams are true go ahead, your only ruining the game for yourself by doing so.

• 479. Re: Quickscoping
    deamonomic

trialstardragon wrote:

Why? simple, not everyone understands it is not 100% accurate all the time but only some of the time. So they assume anything they see is 100% all the time. So when it shows a BS death they call it so even when that death is mostly likely not being depicted accurately at that moment. Which is why the killcam is not in a lot of other fps games to prevent such misunderstandings.

The killcam was really meant for drama and a bit of player location info that it what it does good at. Driving up the drama on a death; but almost too good for then people who take the game too serious get bent out of shape by it and then leave or call foul play.

The kill cam can and does show lag. When the game is lagging the kill cam is off more than at any other time. When the players are actually in sync and current with states of game play equal on both consoles the cam can be very truthful to what did actually happen at that moment. The proof of the lag is when it says a shot was a head shot yet shows the shot landing far off to the right or left of the actual player. At that point both players are actually lagging to each other and the host and no longer in sync. But that lag and desync is not caused by the game itself but by the internet but players like to claim it is the game. When really some router along the way ate the more recent game state update for some reason and it never reached either console. So now each is off by an update or two and don't know this.

The other problem is most players believe that the desync aka lag can be removed from the game 100% and it cannot ever be done while playing online across the internet. So they cry to devs to fix the game when there is nothing to fix. The game is working as it was intended. Just again that player is trying to take the game way too serious.

I had a friend come over and we tested the Kill cams in a private match via Lan. I told him where I was aiming, for example "aiming for the right Eye". more then a few times it showd my shot going somewhere other then their head. In one extreme case it showed me hitting the foot. In another it showed me getting a headshot for shooting him in the stomach. In another test it showed me firing right at where I called out. That was all done with less lag then online games have.

1 46 47 48 49 50 Previous Next