6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 2:19 AM by coldstreamer1286 RSS

Dig and Takeoff.

Lemwise

If the design team wanted to make Dig as corner camper and headglitching friendly as possible they succeeded. It's also way too cluttered. It's a decent sized map but they manged to make it all about chaotic CQC. Takeoff is also terrible, another campers paradise especially with those elevated camping spots wich are perfect for snipers. Have they seriously not learned anything form the past?

• Re: Dig and Takeoff.
    LifeSong1

Not sure you know this but those 2 maps are from previous COD games (Dig is from World at War, Takeoff is from Black Ops).  They kept the exact same layout and all they did was change the skin of the map.  It may still be as "corner camper and headglitching friendly" as you stated, but these are just a re-skinning of a past map, not a new map.  Thus they shouldn't be any more camper friendly than they were before.

trialstardragon

they are good maps really, Takeoff is just stadium which played the same. It had some camping areas and rushing areas.

dig is courtyard from waw it played the same. some camping areas and some rushing areas. there is never going to be a non campable map made.

Izjar11

Lemwise wrote:

If the design team wanted to make Dig as corner camper and headglitching friendly as possible they succeeded. It's also way too cluttered. It's a decent sized map but they manged to make it all about chaotic CQC. Takeoff is also terrible, another campers paradise especially with those elevated camping spots wich are perfect for snipers. Have they seriously not learned anything form the past?

Both maps are re-skinned maps from WaW and BO. Did you play those games?

phxs72

This is my first go around with Dig but when I've played it, ARs and other longer range weapons have been dominate.  I'm sure that you can get by with some CQC as well but a longer range strategy is what seems to work best in my opinion.  Personally I like Dig.  I've adapted to it rather quickly but it has to be the one map that truly offers a significant amount of long sight lines but also mixes in enough cover to keep shorter range weapons viable to the experienced player.

As to Takeoff it always has been about controlling key vantage points and knowing how to rout the enemy out of those points.  I enjoy the map but it does require you to be at the ready and have a solid understanding of the lines of sight or you will get wiped out.