1 2 3 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2013 3:04 AM by reluctent RSS

My god, it's full of cheaters

Snotnose

History.  Got MW2 when it first came out.  After about a year it was overrun by cheaters.  Never got BOPS 1.  Got MW3 when it came out, had serious lag issues.  And over the last year or so it's been overrun by cheaters.

Cut to now

Got BOPS 2 a week ago.  Haven't played the single player game yet (got duke nukem forever from the same guy), but the first thing I saw was the lag is as bad, if not worse,  as MW3.  The sad thing is, I've come to realize BOPS 2 has more cheaters than MW3.  My god, every game has some guy with 50+ kills, and peeps who look through their sights and follow me as I come around corners.

Dafuq?  Am I mistaking skilled players for cheaters, or have the cheaters completely overrun this game?

• 1. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    philla_killa

So, just because someone has 50+ kills, it means they're a cheater? This game is very easy to get high kills in, especially if you have a good support team backing you up.  Have there been players who boosted for 50+ kills? Yes, I've seen it myself, but not everyone who does well (KD-wise) cheats. Disregarding boosters, you can do well if you have  good team and you're up against clueless opponents. Is there a lot of skill involved? Not really, but it doesnt mean their cheating.

As for players who follow you as you run around corners, there could be a lot of reasons for that.  A UAV or a VSAT could be up, it could be a common route out of a spawn, maybe they saw you kill a teammate there and they're expecting you to run around that corner. Sometimes, it's just a bit of anticipation and expecting an enemy to be coming around the corner. It's like pre-firing if you anticipate an enemy might be in a corner waiting for you.  Again, not always someone cheating.

• 2. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    TRU11

not sure what mode you are playing but in some modes 50 kills arent that special lol

• 3. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    Bielsalmighty

The only gametype 50 kills is unusual in is TDM. I play HCKC and I've put up my share of 50 kill games, hell I had one where both me and a friend hit the 50 kill mark.

The instance of people ADSing and tracking you through a wall, well, thats aim assist. Its in the game, occasionally it 'grabs' your crosshairs onto someone who is on the other side of a wall. I've gotten kills thanks to that. If you've played enough CoD you'd know this as its been like that since at least MW2, I remember seeing it there too.

• 4. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It seems like you've been playing since MW2 yet you learned nothing over the years. Rounding a corner ADS'd is a practice experienced players do. I will never go around the corner running at full speed. Some people have developed map awareness that is so acute and can tell where the enemies are just by looking at the position of his team mates. The skulls on every death of a team mate also gives away the enemy positions. The way I play, I always ADS every corner specially when I know I'm deep inside enemy territory. If the aim assist pulls my aim then it's a telltale sign that an enemy is very close by. 

Getting 50+ kills is not impossible. It's common and even I, a player who rarely play objective game modes, once got 60+ in a game of Hardpoint.

You think people are cheating? I think you're just crying wolf.

• 5. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    Snotnose

I mostly play kill confirmed.  You miss the point about why I think people are cheating.  It's not UAVs, VSATs, or they saw me turn the corner.  I watch killcams.  They guy is running full tilt, my icon shows up in their field of view, they zoom in on me even though they've never seen me, and stay focused on my as they approach.  And yes, I've seen a few who are running full tilt until I spawn, then they immediately zoom in on me.

It's pretty easy to spot wall hacks.  Aimbots are a different story....

• 6. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    JD-ILLusiONS-JD

How did they not see you , if your icon showed up in their FOV ?

• 7. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It could be they know the spawn points and they ADS'd on the direction you will be coming from. We are at the stage of the game where a lot of people now knows the spawn points. I will ADS on the direction where my enemies will spawn as I approach it. It's not hard to predict specially when you're wrecking havoc in their major spawn area.

Do you have a gameplay video in your theatre where you suspect they are hacking? I would like to see it. Send me your gamertag/PSN ID and I'll have a look.

• 8. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    gotsomestars

I think you just can't take a beating.

• 9. Re: My god, it's full of cheaters
    MrZombieClowns

Watching theater mode might help you answer your questions.

There have been times I've suspected cheaters as seemingly impossible acts were taking place. I watch the game in theater and have always been disproved. Also learned some really helpful tactics.

Every COD I've played lags. Future titles will also lag.

1 2 3 Previous Next