4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2013 7:12 AM by jeepchick RSS

Black ops 2 "Banned" or The servers are just down?

LZONE

My Brother was playing zombies ( No he was not glitch or doing anything to violate the terms ) But he was having trouble finding a match, It wouldn't load up or it would just D/C him. After a while a pop-up message came about that said, " ERROR This console device has been permanently banned from playing Call of Duty: Black ops II online due to a violation of the posted Security & Enforcement Policy. For more information, visit http://support.activision.com/blackops2. After that pop-up with decided to check out the multiplayer and a similar pop up showed but instead of "banned" it said something about the servers being down.

If anyone is having the same problem or knows what is happening, Please let me know, Thanks!~

• Re: Black ops 2 "Banned" or The servers are just down?
    Eddyj

...sorry to say but you been banned completely...so either wait for Call of duty ghost or...buy a new ps3 and DO NOT use that account to log in or else you'll never play Call of duty again

phxs72

The servers are having some problems at least they are on PS3.  I did have some issues connecting to them myself but to have gotten the banned message would indicate that you have been banned for things done on that account likely a good month ago.  Being a PS3 player you really should make a separate account for your brother because someone did something that they shouldn't have to cause the ban.  I know if it was me and I knew that I had done nothing wrong, I'd be pretty upset to have my account banned do to someone else's actions.

SplashDown

It may not have been something you where doing at the time, but something before ..

Either you Boosted, Lag-Switched, IP flooded, modded controller,

or maybe said you or a family member worked for Activision/PlayStation ..

Or, you could have had a seriously offensive emblem (yes, people do still get banned for those) ..

It amazes me how many players think the reporting system is broken or doesn't mean anything ..

If for some reason, you manage to second chance .. I suggest you use it wisely ..

jeepchick

Bans encountered in-game are the product of thorough investigation by Treyarch. We understand that you may be frustrated or confused, but we must lock this thread in accordance with our Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines.

Please understand that this is a routine forum procedure. For more information, please review our Black Ops II Security & Enforcement Policy.

Claire JeepChick | Forum Moderator: Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts
    Questions/Concerns/Quibbles/Comments? Send me a PM