18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2013 6:34 PM by OGHuxtable RSS

Game crashes when accessing Activate network

Demonholme

Hi, all. i checked through the forum for the past few days but didn't see anything quite like this.

I'm running the latest version of the game on my iPad2 with the newest iOS. Everything was working fine up until a few days ago when i logged into the game and then my game crashed back to the ipad screen when it tried to access the Activate Network.

There are no error messages, it just crashes out of the game.

I tried:

Closing the game and reloading - no go

Closing the game, shutting off the ipad and starting - no go

putting the ipad into airplane mode to see if i could at least play it "offline" but as soon as i press on the kudos button, it crashes.

If i get into the game and pick up all cash, etc, it seems to work but then when it crashes and i open the game again, all of the items that i just gathered are back...

I tried removing the game from the ipad and reinstalling it but while it seemed to work with a new game, as when i connected to my Activate account, it started to crash again...

If i use a wish stone at the well (which usually saves the game with each wish stone), it crashes...

Hoping for any help anyone can give. I've put too much time and $ into the game to have it all go away now!

Thanks all.

• Re: Game crashes when accessing Activate network
    Kalistae

Same EXACT problem here. I posted on a different thread and haven't gotten an answer yet. I'm thinking I'm going to have to call the support phone #. Mine started yesterday. There's usually an update on Mondays and I was hoping that would fix the issue but no such luck...update happened.. but it's still broken.

Demonholme

Judging from the number of other posts submitted over the last few days, it's clear that this is an issue affected many people. i really hope the issue is fixed soon! We're missing out on the new content!!! 

Lilmissdanae

Same problem with me since Saturday 5th. Have contacted them through facebook but only got a reply asking device details etc.
    Hope there is a fix soon as I've put almost a year into this game!

Traceyg

My game won't load either now. It just crashes out...

OGHuxtable

Hi Demonholme,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the game crashing.  Thank you for providing us with details of the matter.  If you could kindly provide the following information, we can forward your issue to the appropriate parties:

1.  Specify the iOS version you are currently running on your iPad 2

2. Your Activate name.

3. Previous and current level (Only applies if the account has been reset or rolled back).

4. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not if gems were lost).

Thanks ^AH

Demonholme

Hi, there. thanks for the response. Here are the answers to your questions:

1.  Specify the iOS version you are currently running on your iPad 2

v7.0.2 (11A501)

2. Your Activate name.

Due to privacy reasons, we have removed your email address from this post. ^AH

3. Previous and current level (Only applies if the account has been reset or rolled back).

N/A - haven't lost anything, as far as i can tell.

4. Any gems lost and dollar amount spent on gems. (Indicate whether or not if gems were lost).

N/A - haven't lost anything as far as i can tell.

The problem is just that whenever i try to access the Activate network, it crashes the game back to the iOS main screen. I'd like to note that this same thing happens on my iPhone, which is also at the same iOS version as the iPad.

NOTE: I updated to the latest version of the game yesterday (SwapForce) and really hoped it would help but the game crashes at the same point.

I would really love a resolution to this as it's now going on two weeks since I've been able to play the game.

Thanks.

• Re: Re: Game crashes when accessing Activate network
        OGHuxtable

Hi Demonholme,

Thanks for providing us with your information.  We had to remove your email address as this is a public forum and due to privacy reasons.  The information you have provided will be forwarded for further investigation.

Please try one additional step for us and let us know the results.

Please follow the steps in the order listed below:

1. Un-install the app from all devices.  Re-install the app on only one device.

2. When you are prompted to log into your Activate account select No.

3. Start a new local file by selecting Play alone.  This will take you through the tutorial.

4. Once you complete the tutorial, log into your Activate account.

Thanks ^AH

Demonholme

Hi, there. thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately, it didn't work.

I finished the basic tutorial and then logged into the Activate account. When my game was loaded, i attempted to open the Kudo's menu and the game crashed back to the ipad main screen.

Just FYI, i called your support yesterday and opened a ticket, which seems to have been escalated. I submitted the ipad crash report in the ticket which i'm hoping will help fix the issue.

thanks.

OGHuxtable

Hi Demonholme,

I'm sorry to hear the above did not resolve the issue for you.

I do see that your issue has been forwarded and a case was created on 10/15/13.  I'll still press forward and add details from our discussion to your case as well.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards ^AH

DisneyDisciple

This is my exact problem now; it started this morning.  I ended up calling the support number, but they were unable to resolve the issue.  I did the following, at their suggestion:  reboot, hard reset, uninstall and reinstall app, and ultimately, reset iPad to factory settings and restore from backup.  Nothing has helped -- resets any time the save-to-cloud is attempted, whether I initiate it or not.

Did they ever fix your issue?

Lilmissdanae

Hi

Well normally when I try to open the app when im logged in it just crashes, but this morning I tried and it said i was logged in and opened up but its a brand new game back at level 1 with nothing. I've tried to press the arrow up where the kudos are to see if i am actually logged in as me to activate but it keeps saying either theres an error with the activate network or unable to establish a connection (even tho i have wi-fi on). I really hope this is resolved and i get my progress back - no way am I starting back at level 1 with no compensation!

OGHuxtable

Hi Lilmissdanae,

We understand your frustration; however, as indicated in your previous post here:

http://community.activision.com/thread/200777760#.UlyR3lBebnF

we have forwarded your issue for further investigation.

Regards ^AH

LuvMov

HI OGHuxtable,

Any update on a possible solution for the above post? Sorry don't mean to pester you but I really enjoy the game. I have tried to uninstall the App from my iPhone and reinstall, reset my iPhone, not allowing it to automatically sign in and go through the tutorial. i can get on my game but then it doesn't save to the cloud it just crashes . My boyfriend has the same game onhis ipad  and his works fine so I logged him off and signed in as me and it still didn't allow me to save it to the cloud it just crashed.  I logged my boyfriend back in and his works fine -no crashes.

I can confirm that I had the multiple device save option for a random name and the days leading up to the crash I wasn't able to get on friends islands they would just fail.

eagerly waiting a update LuvMov