1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 12:17 PM by StevenHarvey Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    LifeSong1

maccabi wrote:

Now I am fully aware some people like ricochet, but every discussion i've had with Infinity Ward regarding hardcore has said the same thing it ruined hardcore and hardcore is a lot better off without it, the only mode it should be implemented into is S&D and that's it.

I really like your idea of having ricochet being in S&D only. It truly competitive matches where you only get one death I think it makes sense and could agree that it is a good implementation of it. For all others, I'm happy with Team Kills (though I do want to see a "kicking" option on the 3rd team kill to the guy who got killed).

• 21. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    maccabi

LifeSong1 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Now I am fully aware some people like ricochet, but every discussion i've had with Infinity Ward regarding hardcore has said the same thing it ruined hardcore and hardcore is a lot better off without it, the only mode it should be implemented into is S&D and that's it.

I really like your idea of having ricochet being in S&D only. It truly competitive matches where you only get one death I think it makes sense and could agree that it is a good implementation of it. For all others, I'm happy with Team Kills (though I do want to see a "kicking" option on the 3rd team kill to the guy who got killed).

weirdly the competitive scene gave me my best argument against the introduction of ricochet this time round.. as CoDesports has tking, So my point was basically if that has it theres no excuse and it keeps a general level of sameness through the game modes

• 22. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    nicedrewishfela

Disagreeing with you does not equal "Trolling".

Oh, and... Maccabi is British, in case you missed it.

Definition of LEARNT

chiefly British past and past participle of learn

learn

lərn/

verb

past tense: learnt; past participle: learnt

gain or acquire knowledge of or skill in (something) by study, experience, or being taught."they'd started learning French"
      synonyms:acquire a knowledge of, acquire skill in, become competent in, become proficient in, grasp, master, take in, absorb, assimilate, digest,familiarize oneself with; More

•  

•  

archaicinformalteach (someone)."“That'll learn you,” he chuckled"

• 23. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    Wheels1AWTT

Well now I understand the Learnt part, sorry british guy. Love your country, hope to visit it again.

But...my statement still holds it's own, ricochet is "more realistic" than core. I don't personally like ricochet but I would rather die than get kicked from a fast paced game like Domination and be put on probation for 5 minutes. That and how many people just team kill twice and quit, i would rather not accidentally ruin someone elses kill streak. I can deal if I screw myself over.

• 24. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    nicedrewishfela

I see your point, I hope you aren't thinking my disagreement is trolling.

I have played both, and while I got used to Ricochet in MW3, it detracts heavily from Hardcore. It leads to extremely selfish play.

Hardcore is all about awareness and communication, as well as controlling your aim and thinking before selecting or using streaks. It doesn't need ricochet, that makes it... well... not Hardcore.

• 25. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    trialstardragon

the support for core will always be greater than the support for hc in this game.

• 26. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    nicedrewishfela

As the Prophet James Hetfield once said... Sad But True.

• 27. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    GhostSD

So true. I play hardcore all the way No soft core for me!!!!!

• 28. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    Project-VAG-DANO

I agree with both yours and Wheels1AWTT's views,

Personally for me i would have a mix of the two versions (Ricochet/No Ricochet)

Shooting teammates with bullets = ricochet

explosives used on teammates = ricochet (teammates shooting friendly explosives = no ricochet and doesnt count as a TK)

Sentry Gun (or alternative) = no ricochet/doesnt count as a TK for player whos streak it is

other ai controlled streaks = no ricochet/doesnt count as a TK for player whos streak it is

player controlled streaks = ricochet

This way things that are effectively out of the players control dont cause instant deaths or kicks from the game, but things a player does have control over ie where hes shooting or throwing explosives have a direct impact on that players game if damage is done to a team mate during that players actions.

Admittedly its a little bit complicated in terms of what causes what, but in theory it could be a winning formula.

If anyone wants to add anything to it please do so, this is just a basic list off the top of my head and could probably do with some improvements and alterations.

• 29. Re: Can we please get almost all the gamemodes in Hardcore!!
    LifeSong1

This is very unfortunate in my eyes, yet I know it is true.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next