5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 7:04 AM by phxs72 RSS

Any tips on starting a new clan?

Shokingawesome

I've starting a new squad and trying to make it the best it can. Could I get some tips on making it the best it can be and growing the squad? Here is a link to the clan I'm starting Call of Duty®: Ghosts

• Re: Any tips on starting a new clan?
    LifeSong1

Be a leader of the clan by leading by example (lots of participation).

Communication is key

Setup a free website if desired (http://www.codcp.com will be supporting Ghosts clans)

Communication is key! (needed to be repeated)

Recruit new members (use the Recruitment thread here and any other method you may find helpful)

Utilize the COD App to be able to chat with members and ready up with them. The more united they are and the more often they play with each other, the more likely they are to want to stay in the clan and stay engaged.

phxs72

I agree with all of this.  Be prepared to put your backpack on and do the heavy lifting.  Like Lifesong said, "lots of participation."  If you pick your members right, eventually your clan will grow and almost become self sustaining but in the early days you will have to lead by example and the only way to do that is to be on often and play with your members regularly.  Building a clan takes work but is plenty doable for those that are serious enough to put the work in and casual enough to not drive good people away.  Finding the balance between the two is the key.

mwfan55

phxs72 wrote:

If you pick your members right, eventually your clan will grow and almost become self sustaining

I agree with both LifeSong1 and phxs72. Basically, if your not there it is not going to happen. However, the chances for a clan to be "self sustaining" is very small. Maybe like 0.5% not even a 1%. My clan is small, yet we reached level 50 WAY before clans with 100 members. Looking at Heavy Weight clans I noticed bronze and silver medals. There is no reason 80+ members in a clan should receive bronze or a silver.

In a nut shell, you want a successful clan you need to be there 99% of the times.

LifeSong1

Maintenance of your clan is also key. I have 95+ members in my clan but I know that many of them are not that active. My website allows me to track which are active and which haven't helped in any op/challenge in a while and thus I know who to kick if I need room.  Those are key pieces of information that help you manage and run your clan well. Now because I had room for new people, I wouldn't typically kick people out of the clan if they weren't playing until I needed that room.  Having those types of stats are very helpful (something Elite did NOT provide).

phxs72

Yes this is very helpful.  I did this quite a bit back in MW3 but Elite was so wonky in BO2 and there wasn't any prizes really to go for, so I got away from it but I'll have to get back into the swing of things for Ghosts.  Culling out the dead weight when you need room is a good way to keep your clan active and moving forward.  Outside of active participation and communication of events, I think that this is most important thing that a clan leader can do to promote clan growth.