1 2 3 Previous Next 71 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 10:54 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?

Megadog14

Its no secret that more people are using modded controllers, even the "pro" players. Activision has even given away these modded controllers. Will Ghosts' enforcement team actually do something about these cheaters? Or will they do what BO2's team did- nothing?

• 1. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    maccabi

Megadog14 wrote:

Activision has even given away these modded controllers.

erm what are you talking about here?

• 2. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

If you are talking about Scuf then nothing will happen. It was allowed in the 2013 COD Championship.

• 3. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    Megadog14

There was a giveaway on Twitter, ill edit when I find the link.

• 4. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    xThatTributeGuyx

Scuf is modded, but modded in a way to allow for the player to do more with their controller. It makes it to where you can use your idle fingers behind the control instead of having to move your thumbs off the joystick to press buttons. It doesn't change how the game operates though. The modded controllers that are banned are things like the rapid fire controller that allows you to fire a single shot assault rifle or sniper rifle as if it were a full auto machine gun, without having to take the time to press, release, and press again cause you only have to hold down the fire button. This is what needs to be gone from the game and trust me, Activision stays on the ball with these. They do ban and generally within a two to three months, all of these guys are system banned from the game.

• 5. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    gotsomestars

I find it funny that people think there is a difference. I personally don't care one way or the other. But, a scuff and a rapid fire are the same to me. Neither should be used as far as I'm concerned. They both give the user an advantage. How big or small will vary depending on the user.

• 6. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    rankismet

Megadog14 wrote:

Its no secret that more people are using modded controllers, even the "pro" players. Activision has even given away these modded controllers. Will Ghosts' enforcement team actually do something about these cheaters? Or will they do what BO2's team did- nothing?

Presuming there's a report feature... sure. Also, IW have commented they have some new anti-cheating tools for Ghosts.

Time will tell about how well enforced.

• 7. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    xThatTributeGuyx

Thing is with scuf controllers, you still have to press the buttons and press them every time you want to do something. They just have bumpers on the back that are programmed as two of the buttons from the front. Now, I don't see that as an advantage because you still have to press the buttons, they're just place the bumpers in a convenient location. They don't take any of the skill away from using them or playing a game. Now, in your opinion, you may see them as unfair, but if you ever picked one up, I think you'd see that it takes time to get used to them, takes time to master them, and then once you've mastered them, it still takes skill to play the games you play with them. Rapid Fire controllers are different because it takes away some of the skill needed to play the game. Constantly hitting the fire button causes you to lose some accuracy, where as being able to just hold down the fire button and fire a single shot weapon like a full auto weapon allows for a little more accuracy, taking away the skill needed to use a single **** weapon

• 8. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    Megadog14

Ok, I cant find it, but I remember that there WAS a giveaway where the prize was BO2-themed scuf controllers.

• 9. Re: Will Ghosts do anything about modded controllers?
    maccabi

Megadog14 wrote:

Ok, I cant find it, but I remember that there WAS a giveaway where the prize was BO2-themed scuf controllers.

which as everyone has pointed out isn't a  modded controller,

1 2 3 Previous Next