1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 21, 2013 11:05 AM by 937dub RSS

The point of quickscoping

TargetFinderN00B

Hey, I'm a little new to the forums and CoD. The last CoD game I played was Black Ops at my friends house a couple of years ago. I liked it so much that I bought Bo2...recently 2 months ago. Well enough about me, let's get to the topic.

-

What is the point of quickscoping? When an SMG or Shotgun comes running at you, wouldn't it be more conservative to no-scope? And why bother wasting a full second to ADS when you don't even bother to look at what is in your scope's vision?

• Re: The point of quickscoping
    937dub

It has to do with the mechanics of Aiming Down Sight (ADS) and Aim Assist. Aim Assist is what "helps" you find targets with a weapon while ADSing (you may have noticed the Aim Assist at work if your weapon sways right or left on like a doorway or a wall if there is an enemy within 'reach' of the weapon, regardless if the enemy is in sight or not). No scope will not give you the Aim Assist to lock on-target, therefore it is needed to AIM prior to shooting.

Many people learned how to quickscope, and some even got really good at it. A good quickscoper will put any weapon to shame, regardless of the range.

I still can't get it, no matter how many times I tried. It must be for people with better reflexes than mine, I can hardscope or ADS at a choke point and still miss the target lol.