38 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 10:26 PM by BobbyMcGee RSS

pay more for less

GHOSTED

So I see that there is no Free Fall map or any kind of perk to pre order it for the Wii U, but at the same time the Wii U version still costs the same as the other consoles. Why is this? We know that DLC will be based on the numbers of the community (hopefully the numbers will go up a lot), but with that being said, BO2 still costed the same and we got little support and fraudulently robbed of Nuketown. Why do they cost the same? Why are we to pay more for less?

• Re: pay more for less
    Convict7

We pay for the singleplayer experience, sure it's not really worth it, I mean, BO and BO2 had ok story, good enough for me, but wasn't really worth the cost.

smashbrolink

If I were going to play for the single player, I'd pick up a single player focused game.

That's not a good excuse.

The truth: We're being screwed over on extra content, AGAIN.

They've said that we might get DLC down the road.

Given their support of Black Ops 2, that practically translates to NEVER.

Clans, I could care less about, but I hope the dedicated servers stay in, at least...

Convict7

It's not a good excuse indeed, but sadly, it's the truth.

You can complain as much as you want, but that's how they will respond to you, you payed for the Singleplayer Campaign, the Online was a bonus that we kindly gave to you for free when you bought the game.

If I decide to buy this game, then I've done my 4th mistake, sure, I enjoyed all he CoDs for a while, the SP mode doesn't have any replay value to me, BO2s had a little, but once I finished the game for the 2nd time, I could care less. Multiplayer was fun for about 4 months for each 3 CoDs I own, then it became irritating, lag and other issues started to show more and more.

My suggestion, let someone else buy it first, you can most certainly find a used copy for about 40 instead of 60 in less than 2 months.

As for DLC, I just can't understand the logic of people in these days, WHY THE ****, IS A DLC AFFECTING YOUR DECISION TO BUY A GAME!

DLC is awesome only if the devs think that: "Hey, they loved our game, thanks for the support people, say, let's reward them with some free bonus content, they'll appreciate the fact that we're rewarding them for rewarding us"!

Now that's what DLC should be all about.

WiimotesRus02

Convict7 wrote:

It's not a good excuse indeed, but sadly, it's the truth.

Sadly it is the truth, which annoys me too because last year David Vondahaar was plugging bo2 in youtube videos showing off his skills with the target finder in domination on nuketown 2025, which we all know is multi player mode. Its a loophole which needs to be addressed in trading standards imo, whether that will happen who knows..

smashbrolink

Sorry, but I've got to contest this:

you payed for the Singleplayer Campaign, the Online was a bonus that we kindly gave to you for free when you bought the game.

No.

No, I did not.

Call of Duty, just like Battlefield, is known MOST for being a MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME.

THAT is what people are paying for when they buy this game.

The Campaign, is SECONDARY, in 99% of all purchases of this series. Or if not that high, then still a majority.

I paid for the online mode just like the majority.

And as to the DLC, it's more about respect than anything else.

Not including DLC is like saying "Oh, well, we didn't want to put in the extra effort because there's fewer people on this version to buy the content."

Proper support is a key thing in multiplatform titles.

I guarantee you; do this to any other console where the game is far more popular, while catering to another console that the series is just as popular on,[say offering the DLC on PS4 but never on XBone] by offering the DLC to only one of them, and I guarantee you there will be just as much justified outrage.

Third parties don't have the right to ***** about low sales when their best bet for squeezing out every last penny from a version of a game isn't even supported properly with extra content.

I can name quite a few people, in fact, that purposefully skip third party multiplats on Nintendo systems because they don't expect the same kind of support to be shown.

When that support becomes a given instead of a wish, you'll see sales for multiplats rise more on the Wii U, mark my words.

BobbyMcGee

/\this. Even more so. I know more people, including myself, who buy cod for zombi es alone. I would say the campaign is prob the third, or last, most popular game mode. I played through campain once when my router crapped out. I have over ten days of multi logged. Im currently in first place for tranzit solo on the wiiu, 2nd for fourplayer. Solo took 75 rounds, two days SOLID gamplay, pausing only to sleep. Im far from the only one who feels this way, ive met hundreds since one who ONLY play zombs...

BobbyMcGee

And dont even get me started how absolutely vital dlc is for zombies. Seriously without it you end up with 1/5 of the damn game. And the part you end up being able to play is nothing but a path to nowhere, since my character still has the f'n buried nav card. Id love to see you multi diehards deal with treatment like that.

Mini Captain N

Yup your absolutely right. I tell you my opinion if Nintendo had all the same features as all the other platforms, it would dominate the COD scene and the developers know it because the Wiimote features are awesome to use and the gamepad is a good second screen experience. Thats something that xbox and playstation hasn't but eventually mastered yet. Thats what make Nintendo so unique. i dont know what it is, if Nintendo isnt dumping all the cash to get these features or the developers are supporting the other platforms more or what, but we as Nintendo gamerfans should get these same DLC bonus content features.

BobbyMcGee

Microsoft has a contract for the exclusives. Obviously they get the best version. After what I heard happened when ps4 was reported to be superior over xbox just confirmed it all.

Mini Captain N

How is that when this has been going on since xbox360 and ps3? Ps3 were getting DLC and Microsoft had contracts then too. What stopped Nintendo?

BobbyMcGee

Bad hardware. Now they have no excuse, so its kinda obvious. Just like when people were pissed getting 360 graphics on wiiu, a next gen console. We get an xbox port. Next gen or not, we get what a decade old console does.

Blogi

You are a ******. The Wii U is a good price/quality console. It can run CoD with better graphics and better resolution. It's just the developers who are to lasy to improve it! (sry A_Trey_U)

BobbyMcGee

Excuse me? Did I say a damn thing about wii u and its graphics and capabilities? I said wii had hardware that wasnt able to receive dlc. Fact. I love people like you calling others out in forums when in real life youd tuck your tail and run. Maybe try reading the entire thread next time before opening your mouth and looki ng like a fool.

Convict7

I must stick with my original statement as it is the truth, a fact.

I've seen a response like yours before, in fact, many times before, nothing has changed, we're not the Xbox community, our crying doesn't mean anything for the big guys. What I stated in my earlier post is not what I think, it's what they think, to them, we only pay for the Campaign, Multiplayer is a free bonus.

smashbrolink

Oh, I know that. Believe me, I wasn't trying to heckle you or anything.^_^

I was just putting forth my assertion that the top brass has the wrong mind-set, if they expect really decent sales out of a version that is holding back content, even paid content, that its players would enjoy.

BobbyMcGee

Where do you get your info? Who said dlc is based on playerbase and if it grew we would get it? You see we arent getting freefall yet you actually believe we will get dlc? As you said its no different from nuketown so if anything expect the exact same treatment because thats what we will get.

GHOSTED

it's a hunch. considering the time and effort spent formatting the dlc to our system. which would weigh more the small amount of people playing cod money or the time and effort the wii u team formatting the info over to the system? I could be completely wrong on the subject, but like I said it's a hunch. My guess is that they didn't feel they made out good enough on the sale of the game, and that the sale of dlc wouldn't be rewarding enough to furnish it to offset the more time put into it.

Padiego

We're paying more for less? Free Fall is DLC...add on content....

T-boss

if we payed for DLC and didnt get it sure, now were paying the same for about the same.

trollstar123

we pay the same because thats the RAW game and you only get the free fall map if you preorder which cost more. and xbox and ps3 players pay for dlc when it comes out.

Mini Captain N

Well if you look at it your not really paying anymore than the other console for the fact that DLC season pass cost more to have. The only thing I can agree is that the other consoles are getting Free Fall and Nintendo isn't which really sucks. Nintendo needs to pay attention to this because people are not purchasing  there console or leaving it just to enjoy the special features like DLC and bonus pre order maps and perks. I hate buying games like these twice to get the satisfaction that we should be getting only on one platform. I love the Nintendo gameplay features and Wiimote control and gamepad, but DLC is just as important.

wiiucastiel

wii remote livestream twitch.tv/castielwiiu

wiiucastiel

here you go i uploaded some ghost gameplay before i call it a night.  with wii remote.  enjoy  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuckOHHnNh0&feature=youtu.be

Kilano

well i pay for wiimote use, i dont want to sound douchy. but if i could get the 30-40k wiimote cod players back and lose every
        DA user now.....well i wont miss em. wont happen though.

black ops 2 was what killed it. i saw so many clans quitting and never coming back because of the wiimote issues in the beginning . well i enjoy my wiimote play now and hope someday we get a big gamer base again for cod.

Treize

This and the fact that Traditional controllers had such strong Aim assist. Treyarch did a masterful job of alienating the original base.

I already had to deal with terrible netcode that was implimented in Black Ops where the lag comp put me a half a second or more behind certain players  Wiimote controls look better than in BOII (Not that the bar was set very high.), but seeing how I have to endure lag shooting, the make or break will be how strong aim assist is for traditional controllers.

As for DLC, the less then better. Games should be allowed to be chopped up at launch and they sell you bits and pieces later on. (This is why I support the fact that Nintendo is stymieing the effort of Devs to implement DLC.)

WiimotesRus02

wiiucastiel wrote:

here you go i uploaded some ghost gameplay before i call it a night.  with wii remote.  enjoy  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuckOHHnNh0&feature=youtu.be

Did I see some camping? O_o

BobbyMcGee

Suppose its better than boosting...

bughunt

He views camping as gaming sin yet had no morals when account hopping, cheating, boosting...

Must be an interesting world that he lives in.

Treize

At least boosters aren't looking to kill you if you walk by.

bughunt

That's true, no arguement there.

But I much prefer that to having various deadly and unearned scorestreaks raining down on me and my team that can drastically change the outcome of the match.  That, and having the enemy booster appear and kill you if you get close because his little boosting buddy on your team told him you were coming...

But anyway, as an in-game character once said: "Check your corners!"

WiimotesRus02

I asked before but can't find the thread I asked on, can someone tell me if tac insert is back, would love to see that gone.

bughunt

I'm with you on this.

I've also looked around and even asked A_Trey_U just before the game was launched but he made no comment on it.

Granted, there will be those that will insist on finding a way to boost but without that crutch they are going to have a much harder time of it.

Treize
                  Doesn't help with the maps are huge and that ridge in the distance where a guy is hiding in the bush counts as a corner.    If a guy gets a high kill streak via boosting, it's a failure on you for not noticing one of your guys died 20 times in a row in 4 minutes.
                    bughunt

I haven't gotten the game myself yet since I learned my lesson the first time with Black Ops 2.  But I've always preferred the bigger maps, even when it comes with the people who like to dig in.

I've always made a mission out of breaking up any corner humping but sometimes I may be trolled or there are more than just one pair, or his buddy on my team is calling out anybody who gets close.  If I fail to spot it in time then it could be on me.  But it shouldn't be.  This is why they have a report option specifically for boosters.

"Camping" is a play style, much the same as running and gunning.  Some people mix and match while others dedicate their playstyle to either one.  I've encountered a few that irritate me more than they should but once you figure them out they are easy kills.

Dying one kill away from a good streak due to a well hidden enemy is more than annoying...but I accept that it is my fault for not checking that bush/window/corner/dead body carefully enough.  I sure will check next time, though.

There is no "report camper" feature just the same as there is no "report Wiimote user" or "report DA user".

BobbyMcGee

No they use multiple airstrikes for that, they dont need to do anything besides repeated ly shoot the same person in the head.

_Kane_

At this point, Activision doesn't care about the Wii U owners who are COD fans. If they really cared, we would've gotten dlc for Black Ops 2 by now. It's no wonder they show more favouritism towards the PS3 and 360 community and yet we always get the shaft. All platforms including the Wii U should get the same equal treatment. Period.

Honestly, if any of the higher ups at Activision and/or @A_Trey_U is reading this, you have to stop ignoring questions regarding Wii U dlc and just tell us the truth instead of the same old copy & paste response every time. I'll take a yes or no at this point.