15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 12:02 PM by Padiego RSS

Your playstyle in bo2 and in ghosts?

Padiego

In BO2, I was a very aggressive rusher...I would get up on your face and do the macarena. Rush rush rush...I never bothered to stop and smell the roses. If I got shot from behind, I could jump and do a 180 dropshot.

Not so much in Ghosts....guns KILL FAST, and people spawn all around you. I kept doing terrible...barely got a positive KD..until I equipped Dead Silence and Amplify....it's like cheating!(except I can't tell if people are above or below me...is it just me?). In this game, I am a passive rusher. I still rush...but more carefully. I don't go out guns blazing...I check my corners and hug the walls.

• Re: Your playstyle in bo2 and in ghosts?
    Spacious_Fissure

Having to adapt and play really slow and flank most the time. Can't do that 24/7 fun fun fun HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! 700 SPM rush that I could do in BO2. .-.Screenshot_1.pnglol that randomly came to my mind

WiimotesRus02

Don't tell me you actually have to think in this game lol

Spacious_Fissure

You had to think in BO2. When you are rushing that hard you have to make split second decisions that could make or break a nuclear.

Not saying you said that you didn't have to think. Just a lot of people think it was a bunch of mindless SMG rushing which is completely false.

Padiego

You have to think in this game. I don't think when I play CoD, I just think about about all the people that I despise and let my anger fuel me. Now I actually have to calm down and think. IW needs a gamemode where we get to mass murder guard dogs. These lil fcks have freaking commando pro. The game's good overall pauly, but seems very connection reliant ...dependant?..erm...i dont know how to emgrish....anyways...if you suffer from even a lil bit of lag, you're screwed. Core is HC now, and HC...if you bump into someone, they die of fright. That's how powerful these guns are.

WiimotesRus02

I've been told by britt players that connection is better for us, so i'm actually buying the game tomorrow. Wasn't bo2 all about connection?  I think it was because I didn't have it, and I got tired of being told to adapt. What was I supposed to do, empty my mag into thin air to try and kill those invisible players  that only magically appeared after I died. This game sounds more and more appealing every day, these 0.1kdr killing machines that thought they were gods can go back to marrio and lego star wars for all I care. I know its going to be hard, but I can accept being killed by better players than all the bs deaths in bo2. Out of all the cod games, I'm actually glad to say goodbye to bo2, thats one game I'll never play again. I'm off to bed now, its 1.30 here, maybe see you for a game or two soon, yeah?

nintendon't

For all the talk about how improved Ghosts is, I can't even tell the difference between it and BO2's connections.

Padiego

In BO2 when someone shot you, you had a bit of time to react...here it's insta deaths. Someone shoots you, you better hope they have terrible aim, else you're dead before you even realize someone's shooting at you. This game punishes aggressive players and rewards patient ones, the ones who hug the walls, check every corner and play smart. Having played Ghosts all day against my will(I was going to go out somewhere but my dad freaking trolled me. He thought it would be funny to steal my car for the day...), I find that the people who use to be gods, like Fissure, can now barely go positive. He has a 1.9KD! ONE POINT NEIN! FROM A 5.0+ SWARM AND VSATS EVERY MATCH PLAYER TO SOMEONE WHO CAN BARELY GET A SAT COM! I went from a regular 2.2+ to a 1.85...I seriously get my ass handed to me every other match.

WiimotesRus02

No Padders, YOU had time to react, not us on this side of the pond, and whats the betting that that the damage gets patched soon. @nintendon't, you wouldn't notice the difference, you're in america. But if its improved for us all the better, and if the wiimote works better, even better again, I might feel competetive for a change, and thats all I need to enjoy a game, I never wanted to be a god like you Now I really am going to get some sleep, night all

like2nap03

I'm, well, just trying to adapt to everything being so different.  There's so many angles to cover.  Still trying to learn the maps.  Some of them are so big that I haven't even seen the entire map yet.  I'll probably have to check them out in private matches to try and learn them better. 

Lag comp is very back and forth.  It reminds me of when Black Ops 2 first came out.  Like half of my matches are laggy.  With the fast kill times that makes things quite difficult.  I still think the screen is not registering the shots though.

nintendon't

Same for me. I used to straight up rush but now I do more of a hybrid camping/rushing style. Working well for me so far. I keep fluctuating between a 2.6/3.0 KD.

The tougher difficulty doesn't bother me though. I love how all the AN94/SMG frauds from BO2 are getting exposed for what they truly are in this game lol.