4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 2:53 AM by adw1983 RSS

Ping indicator

macca_96

All the other CoD's had it. Im talking about the ping/connection indicator you would see when brining up the score. It would say how many bars of connection you had. Now its gone and I cant see what my connection is like (they are not dedicated servers so they need them).

• Re: Ping indicator
    WolfRidge

Thing is no one else can see either, the advantage of this is that players don't go lobby jumping, also nobody knows who's hosting so quit outs should be diminished, the system is a hybrid between the old system and dedicated, we don't know if we are using dedicated servers or not which I think is more of an issue than the ping indicator.

macca_96

Still it would be nice to know if I join a game im my country. I havent found any search preferences for it

adw1983

Problem is -- now people with good connections will quit because the people with bad connections don't quit because nobody knows who's got the bad connection.

Playing against players with a bad connection while having a good connection, in this age of extreme lag compensation, is just as frustrating as having a bad connection and playing against people with good connections.

Now nobody knows who should quit -- so even more lobbies will be awful because players with bad connections stay and players with good connections quit in a larger degree than before.

biron_w

I want to see a ping/connection indicator. If I'm in a lobby and my connection is rubbish I'd like to know.

Dedicated servers aren't even up yet so it's more important we get a connection indicator now.