5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 1:29 AM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

Good Bye BO2..

WiimotesRus02

So, I would really like to say its been fun, truth is, it wasn't. Adios BO2, I will never see you again..

• Re: Good Bye BO2..
    bughunt

I know how you feel and I probably won't be far behind you.

I'm still currently playing it to finish off a few challenges (both online and campaign) while I wait to see how Ghosts is shaping up, but the online is becoming one nasty mess.  It has become booster heaven and the lag seems to be slowly getting more erratic.

Some of these challenges would have been a challenge on its own without the BS and it is frustrating to think that I'll have to just ditch it and leave them uncomplete.  The glitchy campaign hasn't been any more enjoyable, either.

The bitter frustration that I have experienced with this game is just...

WiimotesRus02

My first impression of ghosts have shown me all my complaints about this game are well and truly justified. BO2 is nothing more than a joke in bad taste. Challenges? I got some gold guns, but it was so much hard work with no fun to it I just didn't bother with any. And then my American clan friends didn't even want to team up with me any more because the connections got well and truly messed up. I'm taking the disk in to the garden today, for target practice, I thought about trading it in, but I'm not cruel enough to put another brit through what I suffered, I'm going to destroy it and finally get some fun out of it.. Keep an eye out for a video..

ThtGyNTheBckgrnd

I want to see that video haha. Im going to keep playing BO2 for a while. Might pick up Ghosts when it gets cheaper, but IW hasnt really done anything to make it appealing to me

bughunt

Gotta agree with you there.  I'm seeing a lot about Ghosts that I'm really liking, but not liking some of the current issues that it has.  It's really good to see the Devs addressing so many of them so quickly, though.  Top props to them for that.

What is worrying me about Ghosts is what I have seen from my nephew playing it on the XBox.  He's always got this weird lag.  There is also a half second delay when he throws something.  For example he could be moving forward and throwing a grenade.  His character does the animation but the grenade doesn't appear until a half second later and will then appear as though it was launched from behind him (where he was when he initially pressed the button).  I've also been seeing a lot of "Host Migration", too.  Where are these dedicated servers that got peoples hopes up?

However, the connection issues that I faced in BO2 were just...unreal.  I actually had to boot up BO1 on the Wii at one point to see if it was the same since I could find no problem with my connection.  Everything seemed to work flawlessly except for BO2.  Sure, I got the odd good connection but it was rare.

That video lol  Yeah, that should be something good.  We should count the hit markers you get on it xD

Be careful, though.  You don't want it suddenly teleporting behind you.

WiimotesRus02

For me the main problem with ghosts seems to be the same as most other peoples, which is players blend in far too much, so if you have a bunch of camping players, on the big maps you're just going to die without even knowing where they are. There is some lag with certain players and framerate issues too, but mainly, the wiimote is much better, and I mean better. The lag with the grenades you're talking about has happened to me in past games, but that happens with certain players causing host, at least for me anyhow. The kind of lag that bo2 has hasn't happened to me yet. One thing I do know is you can't compare the xbox with the U. My son played bo2 on his xbox because he couldn't stand it on the U, he has American friends like I do, and gaming with them was not the same as playing on the U. He's had quite a few games of ghosts on the U, and told me not to buy it for the xbox because he's happy with how it plays on the U, I'm happy because I don't have to buy the game twice

So, keep an eye out for the video, it won't be too exciting because I only have an air rifle, but should I find a friend with a shotgun, I'll get on the case