40 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 6:08 PM by Adam1234567893 RSS

Annoyances That Have Turned Into Huge Problems

Adam1234567893

Okay these were annoyances at one point but they have quickly turned into problems the spawn system was questionable at launch but now it seems ten times worse with the revenge spawns and spawning in front of people and now garbage players have learned it and found out how to exploit it making it almost unplayable. The lag and various network issues have been occasional and made into all night tonight I don't know what's going on but it seemed like I was hours behind everyone and it seemed like people were behind me it could be matchmaking is no longer region locked or it could be lag with the servers themselves or it could be anything I don't know all I know is that the lag issues went from really good to Black Ops 2 lag which was the worse Call of Duty when it came to lag. What happened to listen servers and region lock and the dedicated servers you were talking about Infinity Ward?

The gun balance went from okay to just down right horrible there are only 4 overpowered guns in this game but they are very noticeable because how strong they are all night long the Honey Badger and the Remington and the K7 and the Ak-12 have dominated the game with no hope of out gunning them at all I have used every gun I could and they seem to out gun me. The K7 has a fire rate that's too fast for a power house low recoil SMG. The Remington has either a fire rate that's too fast or it has to much damage I can't tell just saying if it's going to be that accurate it needs to lack something as for the Honey Badger it's the damage and range that are too much. The AK-12 is just too accurate to be a power house it needs recoil to be realistic.

Now the problem that disappointed me and that is your lack of security against hackers and cheaters the thousands of players on the top of your leaderboards speaks for itself so I really don't need proof none of those players were banned yet or console banned they haven't been even removed yet which scares me into thinking that this game will be another CoD4 or WaW or MW2 before the DLC Season even starts. I don't get how you could allow this playability and security should be your top priorities.You could even pull a Rockstar and ask Sony and Microsoft and Steam and Nintendo to console ban the hackers or ban their accounts and yet nothing has been done about them no resets no bans no nothing what gives? There should be zero tolerance against cheaters and hackers it should be first offense ban. Get all the console brands to ban and console ban these players then go through your game and ban any of the players that they have missed and then make ALL hacks incompatible with your game make it where no cheating or hacking works in your game then fix your leaderboards.

If these issues aren't resolved soon I will assume the worse and not buy the DLC I mean why should I consider buying DLC for a game that has developers who won't put the same effort. I do not wanna go through another rip off like Black Ops 2 so please fix your game seriously when it comes to playability and security the customers are always right you should be considering every suggestion that has a chance at improving gameplay. I wanna like this game but the lag issues and spawn issues and bad security are making me not wanna get the DLC I am excited about the game but after tonight I really don't wanna feel disappointed like I was about Black Ops 2 so please fix this game if you want to restore faith in your fans.

• Re: Annoyances That Have Turned Into Huge Problems
    Icecreamking

This.

I came on here to try to vent about the horrible spawns. I also noticed that they've somehow gotten worse. I seriously hope that this can be fixed. If not...Well there is still extinction mode.

Also, agreed about the OP weaponry. What bugged me a lot about MW3 was that everyone used the ACR. I fear that it might become the same with the remington. I also noticed that the msBS has also been used a lot. Infinity ward likes op 3 round burst weapons.

Demultanocte

I agree i suffered too of lag last night, it was unplayble, i was really more than one second behind. And i agree too about the orrible spawn revenge

Adam1234567893

Let's hope that they realize there are problems in their game and they patch it like MW3 they did a good job patching that game cause there was a patch almost every 2 weeks that addressed major issues every time. In Black Ops 2 Treyarch only patched it every 2 or 3 months and all they did was destroy their spawn system and their network and fix minor unnoticeable glitches not to mention they released maps for previous games and charged us for it even Infinity Ward didn't charge their customers for Terminal and that map was also re-skinned.

A Canadian

You know not of what you speak. Treyarch were constantly patching their game and the dedicated servers. You obviously didn't watch the server version each time you connected to a server. They were patching the servers and or game at least 2 times a week and did for the entire year. Try getting that level of support from IW!!

Treyarch have been A LOT better than IW has been to PC players. IW are a joke now, and have been since MW2.

Adam1234567893

They haven't treated console players that well Treyarch told us that we were wrong about the lag and said that their game was perfect and only patched small glitches that's all they did then they ripped off season pass holds with their "revamped" maps even they were the exact same. Oh and the most major thing that Treyarch did was remove a good spawn system and replace it with a garbage one and they only screwed around with the guns.

RunAndGun1

Wow, Treyarch actually said the lag wasn't bad? Really? Further proof that Treyarch is made up of arrogant and dishonest people. I doubt I'll ever touch another Treyarch game. I think there are a few Treyarch plants in these forums. Some have actually claimed that Treyarch patched BO2 several times. BO2 was garbage it's entire year life cycle. If it was patched, it was horribly done.

RunAndGun1

A Canadian wrote:

You know not of what you speak. Treyarch were constantly patching their game and the dedicated servers. You obviously didn't watch the server version each time you connected to a server. They were patching the servers and or game at least 2 times a week and did for the entire year. Try getting that level of support from IW!!

Treyarch have been A LOT better than IW has been to PC players. IW are a joke now, and have been since MW2.

No, it is you who has no idea. Treyarch hardly ever patched BO2. I saw maybe 4-6 changes in the version number over the entire year cycle. Most changes were not even noticeable. The lag and hit detection was also crap for its entire year cycle. Lag, especially, never lessened. IW has always been the better between the two. That's been my experience.

I don't know how games are coded. But, I'm betting IW is scrambling to fix the game. It's in their best interest to get this game running right since newer games are coming out in a few months. Titanfall being one that could give COD a run for its money.

What would really help is running the game on dedicated servers. For one, they could update the game more easily, and we wouldn't have to download any patches. The changes would be immediately noticeable. And the lag, would be more balanced over dedicated servers. All around pluses for IW and the players.

Adam1234567893

Another thing that should be addressed is Squads Mode you advertised it as another game mode that had competition but it seems more like training mode so not much people play it my squad hasn't even been challenged yet I think you should advertise it even more and make it reward more Squad Points while keeping it's XP cap that would make it where people still wanna play it but they won't level up as much.

RangerCLZ

The AK-12 needs to have more realistic recoil? You do realize that IRL, the AK-12 uses the 5.45x39mm round, and utilizes a recoil reduction system. The K7 is a specialized CQC gun, and you can occasionally reach out with it. The Remington R5 has a low fire rate and high damage with moderate recoil. The Honey Badger is a good close and midrange weapon, but with the suppressor, it loses out at longer ranges that others would excel in

Adam1234567893

Okay then since it's not using 7.62 rounds like I thought then it needs a damage drop. As for the Honey Badger it has to much damage when it's out gunning smgs up close and marksman and sniper rifles from a distance it should be medium range at most because it has a silencer. As for the Remington it's more like medium fire rate and no recoil and high damage with less rounds but still it's too easy to use for all that power. The K7 I wasn't complaining about the range I was pointing out that it has to much fire rate for a long ranged damaging power house that's all I was saying. All the other guns have pros and cons while these four weapons have no cons all pros and are starting to be overused because they are too strong not cause they feel right.

CapnPanda

I have to agree that the spawns are absolutely terrible. To be fair they have always been pretty terrible and we've been dealing with it since MW2. Ghosts spawns are ridiculous though. I spawned right in front of a teammate that just died.

BAGGERCOM

dude me and my son who is going to be 10yrs old at the end of this month (he is getting ghosts for his brth/day) have been playing and loveing GHOSTS all week end...to help with lag hard wire your PS3 to your modem...i did it and we hardly ever get lag

A Canadian

You let your 10 year old son play violent videogames? Great parenting!

RunAndGun1

BAGGERCOM wrote:

dude me and my son who is going to be 10yrs old at the end of this month (he is getting ghosts for his brth/day) have been playing and loveing GHOSTS all week end...to help with lag hard wire your PS3 to your modem...i did it and we hardly ever get lag

Hard wiring to a modem shows little improvement in my experience. Dedicated servers. That is the answer to lessening the lag and making it more balanced among all players in a match. All games that use dedicated servers are proof of this. BF has a much smaller player base yet they have no problem providing dedicated servers for their players. Dedis will go a long way in improving our gaming experience. When XBoxOne launches, Ghosts will be running on dedis through it. I bet we will hear about dramatic improvements in gameplay when that happens.

monk_3

i only started out on MW3 and since then i have not seenmuch point to the weapon rating system. i use the Honey badger and it can take more bullets to kill someone than a pistol. there has never been consistency in this area i feel. as for annoying things, i prefer Hardcore but i dislike the respawn timer, it resets, i have 2 seconds left and think right lets get ready and then i have another 7 or so. why have the timer in the first place. i can't complain about campers as they come hand in hand with this game but it has certainly improved their ability to stay the whole game in one place now. Lag etc i expect until the dedicated servers are fixed but i would realy like the hardcore timer to be sorted, one death i wait 15s the next i wait 3 and the next maybe inbetween, i die, yes, but i would like to respawn somewhat quicker than 15s if i have to wait. a great amount of the people i have played with over the last few years are considering going back to black ops 2 just for the hardcore, i don't like core, tooo amny bullets to kill a person with an assault rifle and even less bullets for a pistol. otherwise i don't mind the game, i have to change playing styles, this i am aware of as the chaotic run-around of BLOP2 won't work but the campers are forcing me to the hated target finder type sight that to me requires no skill what-so-ever. i doubt Infinty ward has the time to read too much of these posts but please sort out the HC spawning.

Adam1234567893

After the patch yesterday it is still full of hackers and there are now more hackers on the leaderboard really Infinity Ward? As of right now the only think this game has going for it is big maps and mostly balanced gun cause on a scale of 1 to 10 the security is a 1. On a scale of 1 to 10 the network and lag issues being resolved are a 2 and the spawns are a 2 as well what gives? Infinity Ward what happened to providing the best experience ever? I am getting the same experience as Black Ops 2 it's really laggy where are all the listen servers and dedicated servers you promised? It seems like you lied to our faces about the lag issues and network I think Double XP should continue until you fix your matchmaking and your networks. The spawns need to be redesigned so that they are compatible with these big maps they shouldn't be exploitable and they shouldn't even have revenge spawns they spawn you away from enemies. You could even put spawns all over the map and make it an AI Controlled Spawn System that learns from mistakes that way you don't have to keep fixing it. As time goes by my patience is tested with this game and I am starting to lose faith I wanted this game to be good yet nothing has been done to improve the player experience. Infinity Ward fix these issues forget about the small issues and fix your security and your network/match making and add listen servers and dedicated servers and then fix your spawn you only have 4 issues with your game fix them already. Region lock is good step start with that.

Adam1234567893

Wow Infinity Ward I am at awe at the lack of work do you do for this game if I worked this hard at my job I would be fired and I don't have a million dollar salary which is sad. I mean go on your leaderboards and there are even more hackers then there was yesterday and they are still playing wow you gotta love how many of them are still playing thousands of them have yet to get banned. Let's all give Infinity Ward a round of applause for their "great" security. Someone could openly use an aimbot/wallhack/god mode hack and they still wouldn't be banned because that's how bad your security is I think it's non existent to be honest.

Your servers are not listen servers or dedicated servers in fact they don't exist either and are no better then Black Ops 2 I mean have next to top of the line internet from Verizon and I am port forwarded and in the DMZ zone and I have the closest DNS servers selected and yet I am still getting major lag issues. 150mbps down and 50mbps up and it's lagging oh and no one is even on my router either. When are you going to fix your servers and network infrastructure and lag compensation? Cause it's getting old getting insta killed by any gun just to find out in the kill cam their kill wasn't instant.

Don't even get me started about your horrific spawn system it's the worse I have seen since MW3 on Liberation what gives why can't you revamp your spawn system to work for big maps? Revenge spawning left and right unintentional spawn kills because I spawned right in front of them and I keep the spawns get exploited on Objective based games as well and even on TDM.

Your weapon balance may be better then MW3 and Black Ops 2 but it's still terrible I mean every where I go all I see is the K7 and the Remington and the AK-12 and the MSBS and the Honey Badger that's it no one is using any other gun they are only using those guns why? Not because they feel right but because they are extremely overpowered I mean three of them are 2 shot kill at medium range and below and have a fast fire rate and lack recoil Remington,MSBS,AK-12 and one of them has a fast fire rate and it's 3 hit kill at ALL ranges and it has no recoil the Honey Badger and the K7 is a 3 hit kill gun with the second fastest fire rate with no recoil as well none of these guns have any cons. Seriously either buff all guns except those five guns or nerf all five of them in many ways no gun should be this easy to use I am seeing so many fully customized guns with high leveled people using those 5 guns. The AK-12 and the Remington need a fire rate nerf and a damage nerf the Honey Badger needs to have the range and fire rate nerfed and the MSBS needs a huge fire rate nerf while shooting and in between shooting and a slight damage nerf. The K7 needs a damage buff then a HUGE fire rate nerf.

Fix this game or I won't get the DLC and then I won't get Call of Duty ever again I am getting so annoyed with the same problems every year your game isn't the same every year cause of the graphics and gameplay it's the same every year because the problems either stay the same or get worse. Fix the game already even Rockstar wasn't this bad and their multiplayer wasn't even running in the beginning.

Adam1234567893

I am getting really impatient as of right now this game is unplayable the spawns are completely 100% garbage they need to be scrapped and completely re done because there is nothing good about I shouldn't be spawn killed/camped in Domination especially when they only have flag I mean really? Your 5 overpowered guns just keep getting worse the more people use them seriously the K7 and the Honey Badger and the Remington and the AK-12 and the MSBS need HUGE nerfs. This game is the epitome of false advertisement garbage for there is no dedicated servers or listen servers and snipers are yet again too easy to use because their aim assist I mean I saw this guy block shotting cross map because of all the aim assist seriously?

If you are going to say something don't turn your back on it then bluntly lie to our faces if there are no dedicated servers and listen servers say so don't lie about it and your sniper type comments during that interview if you were going to make them this easy to use you should of said something. Your multiplayer commercial take it down cause explosives aren't even that strong. So far you have lied about everything you praised this game for because not a new engine cause the camera angles are still garbage the lag is so bad I can't tell the difference between this game in Black Ops 2.

I keep doing bad every game because there is no region lock and it's laggy and all the same lag issues in general. The snipers have aim assist and are yet again too easy to use. The spawns are the worse I have ever seen even in FFA and TDM and Domination cause of the revenge spawns the static like spawns and I keep spawning in front of people. You might as well get rid of FFA cause it's basically demolition with out teams that is how bad the spawn camping is. Your security is the epitome of nonexistent fix it now ban all the cheaters and hackers and fix your leaderboards I can't tell the difference between this game and MW2 and CoD4 and WaW as of right now because the security is so bad. If this game isn't fixed or it doesn't receive a region lock or dedicated server/listen servers by Friday I am not even going to consider getting the DLC I mean why get DLC for a broken game? It's buying DLC for a game that had it's disc destroyed no point.

mischaelite

The weapon balance in this game is flawless. If they would not change a thing this game will be awsome once the hackers are gone.

Instead of cry nerf - adapt.

SinisterSound83

They shouldn't nerf anything.  They SHOULD however, fix spawns, and the fact that gunfights are non existent.  Hit detection is one thing I will give them credit for.  They nailed it, except now when you get shot you never have chance to see where it's coming from, dodge it and return fire.  You always die with no chance of a gun battle.

Adam1234567893

Well those 5 guns three of them are two shot kill and have no recoil and 2 of them are 3 hit kill with a really fast fire rate and low or no recoil. I agree with what you are saying but that's a combination of lag and low health. The spawns and lag and security are the only things they need to fix at the moment but that lag makes those 5 guns have the fastest kill time in the game.

Adam1234567893

So basically your way of adapting is using what they are using what a great way to adapt using your logic they should every gun except those 5 guns. Spoken like a true strongest gun user instead of using a gun because it feels right or it's cool people like you search for op or easy to use strong guns. That's not adapting that's just making the problem worse a truly good player can use any gun and still do well.

TbaginAssassin

the only things i think need to be fixed are the spawns and the lag. No guns are op. They are well balanced. I can kill with one gun just as easy as the other. But when it's laggy it takes a whole clip with any gun!

IndyOldDude

The Game has turned into nothing but sniper fests, and/or guys sitting in corners with IEDS and Motion sensors, no one frickin moves!!!! Ya know why?  Because you take 2 steps out of respawn and are immediately sniped, or shot in the back, because of the horrible spawning system, and you go into any room and and IED or motion sensor goes off.
    The quickscoping is becoming far worse already then MW3 or BO2....who wants to play against an entire team o f nothing but  snipers every frickin game, and this is in Kill Confirmed, every game I played in 2 hours tonight was nothing but snipers!
    This game needs some patchs, or fixes, or sniper only playlist or something,  cause it had so much potential but is slowing turning to crap.

maps like stormfront, the worst map ever,  whiteout, stonehaven, siege, and now even smaller maps like frieght, overloard, warhawk and tremor have become nothing but camper and sniper fests, real frickin fun...take 2 steps and get sniped, ya thats the most fun I have had in years
    Thumbs down!!

biron_w

I haven't encountered any in game hackers but the leaderboards are a joke. IW should have been on the case from day one and banned anybody that hacked the leaderboards.

For me weapon balance is OK apart from Snipers Rifles. The speed in which players can aim and shoot coupled with the fact they're a OHK makes them completely OP.

The spawn system. Ahhhh the spawn system. What a steaming pile of dog turd it is. I thought it was bad in BO2 but the one in this game easily wins the title of "worst spawn system in ANY GAME EVER". It is my single biggest problem with this game. There is no reason to be spawning near enemies, or in their line of sight, or in the open when a helicopter is above, or ON AN IED(which happened to me) .

*edit*

Just had a game where the other team had an Odin above and the game chose to spawn me just outside the doorway of a building rather than inside the building which resulted in me getting instantly killed from the Odin

Adam1234567893

Yea they need to fix this game asap cause right now this is nothing broken promises and false advertisement.

RunAndGun1

Yep, the game is broken along with their promises. The lag is off the charts. I was insta-killed 75% of the time today. And the spawning is insulting. I have been spawn killed back to back so many times I've lost count. I've heard that we're getting dedicated servers on the 22nd. It couldn't come sooner. Ghosts plays like a beta to me. Unplayable.

They should fix the running as well. I shouldn't have to use a perk to run like a normal human being. Being forced to run 3 steps, walk, run 3 steps, walk, is the worst game mechanic I've ever seen in a game. It makes no sense. Now that the maps are bigger, I shouldn't run like an old man with a walker. I have died so many times because as I try to run away from an enemy, I'll suddenly be forced to walk at which point the enemy catches up to me and takes me out. This made sense for small maps. But not for the larger maps. It's become annoying.

bubblebrawl

In regards to the original post, I won't deny that the spawning can be absolute crap but everything else and all of these replies are ******* ridiculous... I don't mean to make an enemy of myself but I do not and will not agree with this stuff. This game is clearly not broken or unplayable. So you might lag when playing multiplayer. Okay? It's an online thing. ONLINE. I'll lag from time to time but I'm not ******** about it. There's obviously a reason. Generally my connection is the "usual" when I play. Which is basically fine. The only time I can relate to these rants about horrible lag is when someone is using their laptop at my house. Otherwise, whatever? If you're honestly skipping around the map, that should be on your end. Some might have a bad connection and they start bashing the developer(s) of the current call of duty. How inconsiderate is that? Apparently every call of duty is the worst, broken, full of lag, etc. How many more "broken" call of duty games is it going to take to show that there will always be that general lag? Again, ONLINE. So you knifed someone first or shot/or thought you shot someone first but their connection came out on top? It's ridiculous to ***** about the developer(s) over that. You need to get over it and get used to it. And about weapons... the only thing I'll say in regards to the popular overpowered weapon talk is that the type-95 was a ******* joke in MW3. In call of duty history, most annoying gun from my experience. In Ghosts, I can't put my finger on just any gun. Most of them are fun and can do the job. Adam1234567893 said that a good player can use any gun and still do well. I respect that. I believe it's true. And I see a variety of weapons being used. I don't know where people come up with this crap that they only see 1 to 4 guns. The only class of weapons I don't see often are pistols and light machine guns. That has been my Ghosts experience thus far. I'm at level 42 and I'm enjoying this.

Adam1234567893

I know it's not me lagging I am wired and port forwarded and in the DMZ and I have the closest DNS servers selected and I have the second best internet for Verizon which is 150 by 50. It keeps putting me in lobbies that are thousands of miles away because the region lock is off another form of lag that I have seen is the host lagging I have to admit people lagging who aren't the host haven't really lagged the game. Those guns are overpowered I have tested them all out the Honey Badger is 3 hit kill at all ranges and with it's fast fire rate and very light recoil it makes snipers look like a joke. The Remington and AK-12 are both 2 shot kill without hardly any recoil and they have a medium fire rate so they both have no cons. The MSBS aims too quickly for a gun that is 2 shot kill at close range and 3 shot at medium range not to mention the fire rate in between shots is alittle too fast. As for the K7 it makes all the Assault Rifles look like a joke because of it's damage and fire rate and accuracy the only assault rifles that can compare to the K7 are the OP ones. I wish I could have your experience with this game for my experience is poor with the numerous lag and spawn issues and the 5 overpowered guns all over the lobbies.

PistolLustHD

I honestly don't see why everyone thinks the spawning is THAT bad. Im not going to sit here and say the spawning is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but i think that BO2 was WAY worse for bad spawning. I don't see why you could say any gun is really OP, i haven't noticed anything so far, and i am first prestige so i have been playing for a bit. The Honey Badger is quite popular i will admit, but i don't think it's OP at all.

If i had to name one thing that pisses me off about Ghosts so far, it would be the Guard Dog killstreak. I can't stand it. I can't even begin to recall the amount of times i have had a high streak ended by a dog. There has been times where i have killed someone, continued walking for about 20 seconds, and have that persons dog run from across the map just to kill me from behind. Or i will turn a corner and walk into a pouncing dog without even knowing what happened until i watch the killcam. I thought the Hunter Killer drones were bad from BO2, the dogs make that look like nothing compared to them.

Aside from that little rant, i think that the game is pretty solid so far, but we will see what happens.

bubblebrawl

For sure. I have little to say about the guns. I'll kick ass with almost anything, even a pistol believe it or not. In BO2, all I needed was the tac-45. ******* loved it. The honey badger was very popular at the start of Ghosts, somewhat still is. I recently started using it and yeah, it is pretty sweet. I say this because you essentially have 3 attachments right off the bat. Very nice. In regards to the guard dog... yeah... haha. I love it but then I hate it. It's so nice to have with you. You're just ridiculous if you have one while being a maniac, But indeed they can really piss you off. I'll put so many bullets into a guard dog, and it's still several feet from me, but I die before it even touches me? Whatever I guess.

Adam1234567893

So I did a little test today and found out something very interesting I got some friends of mine to go into the game so that I could  join them to my surprise I wasn't having lag issues I was actually able to get kills and everyone was either in Florida or near Florida. Then I went and played by myself and what do you know the lag is back in it's fullest form and I am playing with players in California and out of country so what gives why is my region lock off even though there is no setting to change it?