32 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2013 5:39 AM by kurt24 RSS

lag is unreal ?!?!?!?!

night_shadOw

overall i like the game its good maps are bigger actually takes skill to qs. but since the latest update i lag like crazy!!!! i can barely play it now.. any ideas whats going on ????

• Re: lag is unreal ?!?!?!?!
    Dimitri98

The servers run off Mc Donalds WIFI

brentcers37

Having the same problems here... feels like I'm constantly bumping into other players.

night_shadOw

thats how im pretty much playing ! its bad ;/ average

StangBoy

It was bad from day one, don't kid yourself. But this seems to be typical with these games. Every update brings worse lag and/or respawns for some reason.

_BMarley__

EXACTLY, ever since the latest update, do you keep getting booted from lobbies as soon as you join?

night_shadOw

yeah ill get into a pre game and it boots me straight away and connects to the same one again. in the morning and day its fine but afternoon its so bad. i wass fine before the first update all the time then when it came out lagging like crazy

Mess1ahBrowny

Night time i have noticed the game is laggy more..day time its spot on for me

ghamorra

If you're having lag issues and it's only you then the problem is you. This game has done a great job at ensuring lag has a minimal effect on lobby. Before if I were to lag others would complain too. Now when I notice lag and ask if anyone else is experiencing lag they hardly ever confirm it on their end. That's how I know it's me.

King_of_Serpents

No, the problem is that people on this forum refuse to give any advice on how people experiencing lag (packet loss) can minimise the effect it has on their game. They would rather claim that lag doesn't exist or that it simply is misreported with gross exaggeration.

Game_Over_Mate

MOrra you have no idea what your talking about. Ever since the patch came out the games been ****, lag, shuttering skipping. Logging out of lobbies. I have ultra fast inter net super low ping and I'm having massive issue. Before the update game was great

ghamorra

I know quite a bit and I can tell you that lag is not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. I have yet to play a single game where lag was complained about.

itsAIpha

no, youre wrong. in the new patch a random bunch of people have been getting disgusting amounts of lag. unfortunately, i am one of them, i have a 40 mbps internet speed, and the game was fine from release until patch 1.03. for proof of how bad the lag is, go on youtube and search for @infinityward kay dot" and after watching that tell me that the lag isnt something to complain about.

LTSHiNySiDeZ3

Just because you have 40mb internet doesn't mean your internet can't have a bad day.  Depending on the traffic on your channel, your ping could be fluctuating, or you could have major packet loss.  I have had 1 game that was laggy and I was in a lobby with none english speaking players.  Besides that one goofball game I have almost zero lag on here.  I'm gonna go ahead and say most the people complaining are looking for a reason to complain because they are doing bad at the game.  I have a group of the same people I play with every day and not one of them has every complained once of lag.

itsAIpha

problems been going for 3 days. tested bo2 and connection is fine. every single game on ghosts is laggy, and im talking noticable lag, not them doing things that i didnt see happen, but REALLY noticeable things. I shoot at someone and my ammo literally goes up, not down. my characters movements jitter, for example i turn though a doorway, and then am teleported back outside, or i try to adjust my position on a wall to lean and i take at least three steps back. other characters stand still, then dash forwards, and killcams sometimes are so jittery they have about only 4 frames. Im pretty sure its not my internet, as so many people are complaining about the same thing, and heres the video of what is happening to me (Moving then getting teleported to my old postition, shitty killcams, ect,) Honestly this is making the game pretty shitty and if they dont fix it in the next patch i probably wont be playing for a good while.

King_of_Serpents

I was about to click the like button but then I saw the end of your comment. Is there a memo that goes out to all the players who are better than me, telling them which lobbies I'll be in during the evenings? If not then I don't accept that I'm playing badly at specific times of day.

Game_Over_Mate

II'M doing well at the game iv dropped a few KEM strikes and my KD is good But I'm getting crazy shuttering and lag after the update. Iv tested my Internet its graded A+ 113 Mbps down  2.42 up 8ms ping 2 ms jitter no packet loss. The game ran awesome before the patch.

Game_Over_Mate

WHy dose black ops 2 and mw3 run fine then. Play played both to make sure. Answer that smart ass

ghamorra

You're calculating speeds on a static server that's nearby, not a dynamic host who could live a few hundred miles away. It doesn't matter how awesome your internet is, online gaming does guarantee anything.

TheBeastlyDude

Person A Has 100 MBPS internet speed and lives 100 miles away from host.

Person B Has 5 MBPS internet speed and lives 5 miles away from host.

Who has more lag?

Answer: Person A because it takes longer for 2 MB of information to travel 100 miles than it is for 2 MB of information to travel 5 miles.

Source: Law of physics

robbierocket

LAG is REAL (see Einsteins Special Theory of Relativity).

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/einsteins-special-relativity.html

LAG is UNREAL (yes, to the extent we experience it on CoD: GHosts.

LAG is REAL (it really does occur on CoD: Ghosts).

Look, even my post is lagging.

Capt_Teabagger

People saying there is no lag need to give there heads a shake. Watch a killcam or two when you know you have fired half a clip at a player and the killcam shows zero and your the one dead. 

stonculd

I was lagging really bad, and figured out with fing my smart TV was using port 80. I disconnected the tv from the wifi, and now my lag is gone. Worth a check if you own a smart tv.

night_shadOw

wwhen i was lagging the dude was lagging and i know the whole might not have shot thing but i mean even when the count down was going i was shuttering is all it was that bad i was lagging standing still.nd game over mate if your going to be a smart arse i was only lagging on ghost. it was the ghost update that done it im fine now

ANWRambo

Game engine so badass fish move out of your way when in your presence. Just like Super Mario 64!

A "brand new engine" that time traveled from 2007 that hackers knew how to crack before Ghosts was ever released.

A spawn system so bad that even Miley Cyrus can't out do it.

Can't wait for the next game.

COD:Déjà vu

Coming next year before Ghosts has all it's DLC released.

Make sure to preorder and buy the season pass everyone. =)

The hackers will be waiting for you. They are already playing the bootleg version.

LMAO.

Just having some fun. I don't lag at all.

My friend does a lot though.

NJC22312

Well call it lag or whatever you want but I am one of the people that got screwed during the last update. Pre 1.05 I was doing great, KD was going up, I went back to playing regular core on this COD since it seemed so easy to kill someone, I was having A LOT of fun and excitement! Post update I'm having a lot of the same problems listed in other posts but the main thing is how I now have to shoot someone TWICE as long and 90% of the gun battles I lose. After watching a few killcams where the enemy wasn't even in the same spot where I saw him I decided to do a test, I started using the throwing knife and I found that when enemies were moving even when I was dead on from 5 feet away the knife would miss. I had to start leading them with the knife and hope that is the way they are still going.

It's really getting on my nerves. I'm not one to threaten to never play a game again or say I'm switching (what good does that do anyway), but I will say that as of right now I feel a little cheated out of my money.

Jackal235

night_shadOw wrote:

... but since the latest update i lag like crazy!!!! i can barely play it now.. any ideas whats going on ??

For the first days after the update the game played surprisingly good for me. Today however is a different story. It's like being connected to completely different place. At one point combination of lag, cheaters and bad spawns in same game almost made me puke.