12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2013 5:27 AM by matuzz RSS

CODZ forum still down

TEX_715

Anyone know if CODZ forum is coming back soon? Or can others access it? I havent been able to for a week now...

• Re: CODZ forum still down
    DeathBringer-Zen

NiiK said that the site admins are working on it, but did not give any hint as to when it is due back up.

TEX_715

its back up

matuzz

I don't even bother with it anymore :/

DeathBringer-Zen

I have used the site for years, but never been a complete regular. I think I only had 20 odd posts on my old Ghost account, and only got more active on it with my DBZ account.

I do enjoy the site, but I never liked the 'No Leaks' policy they had in place, as it makes for some enjoyment when discussing them. I also believe that a lot of software companies including Treyarch, intentionally release leaks to hype up games.

I miss the older members and the great theories that used to get posted. Black Ops 2 ruined that though, and the site is suffering for it now. Still some great guys on there though, but it has lost it's spark due to the BO2 failing to provide enough mystery throughout the maps to give us enough to work with, and I now believe the reason for that was because they were planning on killing off this current storyline.

Also, if what Benn says about the next game is true, I think the setting and theme sounds absolutely sh*t, and could well be the final nail in the game modes coffin.

matuzz

Well what has he said about the next game? I have just completely dropped zombies after Origins which could have been a great map kept crashing in every game I played. And story wise i don't think anything could be worse than Black Ops II.

TEX_715

Yeah the codz forum is as deserted as these forums are, but it seems the few post that do go up are at least interesting and organized. I was thinking if you,  DBZ, and other people from this forum (cant name all but you know who you are: cheesegrate,r theatriks, and the like) used codz we could keep a slow paced conversation going until we had something new to talk about.

DeathBringer-Zen

This zombies section is dead in the water now. CoDZ is the only real active zombies forum during off season. PTG's forum is even dead these days, with the exception of  few regulars, and zombie content and convo has dried up over there too.

If the ending to Origins was better, and the maps had more story to them, then we could have had more stuff to discuss, including possible settings or scenarios for the next game.

Instead... no one cares. The maps were all very 'meh', and the storyline was non-existent. I look forward to the next zombie game, but I would personally rather forget all about BO2.

DeathBringer-Zen

The supposed next location is set some 750+ years in the future, but technology has not advanced as much due to the infection, so it has a kind of Bioshock feel to it.

He put out one of his Latin videos on it and from the description given, I think it sounded completely sh*t. I hope it is not as bad as he made it sound, but from what I could gather, it sounds like it has swayed away from the things that made zombies good in the first place.

The point system is also apparently getting done away with, but that would probably be a good thing really.

matuzz

Ah okay.

TEX_715

points sytem done away... what do you mean?

DeathBringer-Zen

He said that in the next game, you no longer earn points, and instead have to complete in order to progress through the maps, like killing X amount of zombies beside something in order to open a door. Personally, I think it sounds like a great idea, as it prevents point whoring, but arrogant selfish players will still find a way. lol.

As for the challenges... I think it is a good AND a bad idea, as it means you are forced into doing the same stuff every game, and personally that sounds like it can already make an already repetitive game mode even more repetitive.

Either way, Benn just get's leaked info from some piece of slime at Activision, and from previous descriptions he put out, he does not always paint a perfect picture. Take Origins for example. I assumed he got early access to it, but he clearly didn't, because for a start, he constantly compared it to Tranzit, when it was NOTHING like Tranzit, and he also stated several times he had played Origins early, yet got so much of his description on it wrong.

He also said things like the Blundergat was on Origins, as was the Paralyzer, and that Arlington Cemetery was a part of the map and there was a village you could explore. Even had the cheek to claim he sat in meetings with Vonderhaar!?!

Nah... he got some info, and painted a completely false picture in his head.