9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 2:14 PM by TheInsaneRogue RSS

Refreshing!

yovlud

It feels amazing to play a Call of Duty game without having air support all over the place all game long.  The "point streaks" in this game suck and i am so glad!  No more inflated K/D ratios due to overpowered air support spam.  I went in to a private match and set up all the high streaks, and they are awful!  Thank God!  I also love the SAT-Coms, the way that you don't get spammed with them like UAVs because you have to have the team help with it to get any effect! 

IW finally got balancing right...except maybe the MSBS, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.  Best Call of Duty I've played since World at War.  Thanks.

• Re: Refreshing!
    Hobeinator

I definitely like that they dialed back the killstreaks.  More emphasis on gun battles and earning more of your kills.

As for the MSBS, I guess the argument could be made that all 3 rounds should have to hit to get a kill within range, but I don't know how often that's going to change the outcome of a battle.  Plus it requires skill - if you miss with that first burst there's a very good chance you're dead.

It's still early so something might come up, but so far I'd say the weapon balancing in this game is great.

yovlud

It is...I agree.  I'm just glad nobody has killed me with my gun of choice...this thing needs to stay off the radar to stay strong!  I am untouchable when I use this certain gun...long range, mid range, and short range!

djacks400

So you are entitled to an OP weapon and are too afraid it will get nerfed to say what it is? You didn't fall upon some great secret that anyone else is too stupid to find. If it is overpowered, it will be abused eventually and will be patched. So keep "cheesing" on your dirty little secret and get kills why you can since you need the crutch.

avngr9

I agree, I tried out the MSBS because of all the "it's so beast" attention it was getting.  My initial impression would have agreed with that but the more I used it the less impressed I was with it.  As you stated, if you aren't accurate on that first burst you are dead. It is extremely strong at longer ranges but it has its disadvantages as well.  Last night, I switched to another AR and love it way more than the MSBS.

xRuger15x

The balancing is great. I will have to say this though, there still hasn't been a call of duty as good as World at War. =)

nuttin2say

I've been playing WaW a little lately. Other than the hacking crap, it's still a fun game. I still have to give MW1 kudos for best COD, though.

But, then, I've not yet played Ghosts. Ugh. Two more weeks.

highlandsparky

I'm starting to quite like what I've seen so far.... waiting until the X1 launches to see how that goes before committing to anything.

nuttin2say

I hear you, highland. I'm waiting because I'm forcing myself not to make a rash purchasing decision with this iteration of COD. Even when Thanksgiving week gets here, I'm renting first. Unless I can get a used copy really cheap.

I know. I'm "defending" Ghosts like crazy. But not really. I'm just saying BO2 was not even close to being the best COD ... and I'm also recognizing when criticism, good or bad, is not making sense. Unfortunately, right now the negative criticism is losing the argument. That negative side was winning a couple days ago. LOL!