18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 10:37 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Bad spawn

Shiddykakaa

I would like to congratulate the Ghosts devs on screwing up the one thing that I thought could not get worse… Spawning! How is it with maps this huge, 3/4 times I spawn within feet of an enemy and most of the time I am in their line of sight. There are so many times that I have spawn killed people as they just appear right in front of me. Epic fail! Oh, and your servers are down BTW. Good job guys

• Re: Bad spawn
    Narcosys

I came here to post about the exact same thing.  It is pretty crazy that these maps are so much bigger but yet i can literally be running and run straight into a guy as he spawns.  And when i say run into him, i mean he appears out of nowhere directly in front of me and stops me from moving.  Or i kill someone and they just spawn right behind me and kill me.  I understand they wanted to ensure no more spawn trapping...but cmon this is pretty ridiculous.  Im loving the game but theres just a few aspects, such as this, have been making me very aggravated to say the least. 

BrentMurph

Do not forget all the times you spawn right into the enemies I.E.D

SgGamer

Spawn points in this game are terrible. For example, this
    video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wlwx5_LRWM
    illustrates how terrible some spawns can
    be. Note that the terrific spawns in the video title is highly sarcastic. Are
    there any plans in the works to fix the terrible spawns? I know that it’s
    extremely difficult to do anything at all in a match, if you are constantly
    spawning with people behind you.

xMustang_LCDRx

I don't thinks the dev's care, they got your money. I got on here to make a complaint about the spawns just to find several forum strings stretching all the way back to the release of the game complaining about it. So, my question is why has it not been fixed yet?

nicedrewishfela

Work with your team to control the spawns or they will control you.

Recent patches have addressed some of the spawn issues and I am sure they will continue to work on it.

But if you play selfishly and not as a team unit, or Play FFA aimlessly, you can expect to keep exacerbating the situation.

starbuckfrack

BF4 has large maps and guess what ? People still spawn in the line of fire.

As for the status, you know things to break down time to time.

All online services are fully operational, but brief interruptions may occur due to service maintenance or issues at external service providers.

SoulEdge_Strike

The major point is that previous CoD's were not this bad and they had far smaller maps or of similar size.

BO II had far smaller maps, and I didn't have people spawning into my sniper fire even 10% of the time.  This game most final kill cams I shoot at a guy and some weird person will spawn into my fire netting me often double kills or more. (depending on what weapons I'm using if not sniping)

It's really inexcusable at this time and place.  Then again, with being an annual release maybe there in lies the issue within the recent CoD's issues.

deamonomic

SoulEdge_Strike wrote:

The major point is that previous CoD's were not this bad and they had far smaller maps or of similar size.

BO II had far smaller maps, and I didn't have people spawning into my sniper fire even 10% of the time.  This game most final kill cams I shoot at a guy and some weird person will spawn into my fire netting me often double kills or more. (depending on what weapons I'm using if not sniping)

It's really inexcusable at this time and place.  Then again, with being an annual release maybe there in lies the issue within the recent CoD's issues.

If they were not as bad why oh why did people claim that they were?

nicedrewishfela

Nawww, never been a problem.. ever. Couldn't find one for World at War... hmm.

hotshot006

Nicedrew, I agree all these games have spawn problems, but I think they are worse in this game. In Stone Heaven for instance. You spawn in three places as far as I have seen.

1. In the castle
            2. in the back left corner behind burning house

or 3. Behind the building to the right of the second point.

This map is huge and I have never spawned in any of the many buildings/structures around the rest of the map.

nicedrewishfela

I don't disagree. Was just pointing out Spawns have always been a challenge.

Hoping to see continued evolution and improvement of the Spawn system in this game. Most of the time it seems a team can work together and control the spawns... but I still see some spawns that defy logic.

nuttin2say

Drewish ... you need to show some really good spawns ... from MW1 map Shipment and MW2 map Rust.

Yeah. Those had "good" spawn logic. And the maps were small, too!

There would not now be a problem with spawn logic had not people been crying about the spawn logic of every COD through BO1. People cried that they would spawn "too far" from the action and they would cry about being spawn trapped.

Now you have the spawn logic used today which has changed very little between MW3, BO2, and now Ghosts.

Which brings up another point. To demonstrate just how much influence the whiners have already, I've purposely camped far away from the action on some of the larger maps. The purpose was to see if I could affect the spawn logic. You can't. You can sit well away from the action an entire match, no one on your team is going to spawn anywhere near you. Now, a lot of people are going to say that is a good thing, still more will not understand the significance of it. Well, this also brings up the issue regarding stealth. You see, before stealth got split into a gazillion pieces, in the worst case that your team was being spawn trapped, you didn't have to rely upon the whole team knowing how to get out of a spawn trap. You could just make the escape on your own and then go ... camp a safer area of the map and then cause the spawn trap to completely fall apart because the spawn logic was dynamic - in the old days, you spawned near the longest living member of your team ... for what should be blatantly obvious reasons.

Anyone crying about the spawn logic in MW3, BO2, or Ghosts has no one to blame except those that were crying about the spawn logic prior to MW3 ... even if that includes themselves.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Shiddykakaa wrote:

I would like to congratulate the Ghosts devs on screwing up the one thing that I thought could not get worse… Spawning! How is it with maps this huge, 3/4 times I spawn within feet of an enemy and most of the time I am in their line of sight. There are so many times that I have spawn killed people as they just appear right in front of me. Epic fail! Oh, and your servers are down BTW. Good job guys

The question I have for posts describing what you're describing is did you pay attention to where you were, where you were relative to your teammates, and where you were relative to your opponents.

It's impossible to determine whether you have a valid complaint unless we know the answers to those questions.

So (and I'm not trying to be cute here) maybe the next time you're killed this way, you can take a quite note of your position relative to all other players and describe it to us.  Then, we might be able to make a more accurate determination on whether the spawns in fact are the one thing that "could not get worse."

hottoddler

for me in previous cods seeing an enemy spawn out of thin air was a rare occurrence, but i happened. i am always running and gunning to the enemies flank so i saw it more than most people. i saw it once a week maybe.

but in ghosts i see it every few games. its insane. you round a corner after flanking the enemy, start to engage a target several meters away and someone spawns on him and kills you. this **** is a common occurrence.

like david fuckin copperfield with an uzi

hottoddler

i just had a thought, maybe let people pick their own spawns? go into ghost mode where enemies arent visible and you cant spawn within a certain distance of an enemy.

just ghost run to where you want to spawn and bam

deamonomic

that would allow players to... trying to find a way to say it.... strategically position themselves

nuttin2say

hottoddler wrote:

i just had a thought, maybe let people pick their own spawns? go into ghost mode where enemies arent visible and you cant spawn within a certain distance of an enemy.

just ghost run to where you want to spawn and bam

There is significance in what you say here. You're on the right track. Now add to what you wrote here? Add what deamonomic and obeyswag responded to what you said here? Take all three of those posts and follow them to their logical conclusion and then you will understand how to deal with spawns.

ObeySwag420

If spawns weren't like that, little timmy would go 5-25 instead of almost positive.

Guys wake up, the game has to cater to the most common player "type" in the population to ensure DLC purchases and continued purchases of the next COD iteration. Its here to stay.

Buy a headset and you can actually take advantage of bad spawns.