8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 11:25 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Can't find a host

Dr_Zusse

I've been playing BO2 for a while now and about 3 weeks ago I started having the issue of not being able to find a host. I figured It was something to do with some kind of a patch so I left it alone. But now after 3 weeks I still am unable to find a host in multi player games. If I join a friend then there is no issue. So as long as I ONLY play with my clan i'm good. It seems like every time I try to find a match it wants to make me host it instead of finding a host who already has a lobby. I guess my question is. 1 Has anyone else eon here had this problem, I know others have because they are the only ones that end up in a lobby with me if I decide to wait the 5-10 min for my empty lobby to fill up. and 2. Is there a way to fix this. I have already tried the connection settings (any, normal, best) and they all yield the same response. Any help at all would be great a blue post would be great. Anyways thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for the help.

• Re: Can't find a host
    nuttin2say

Are you in a low population area?

knarsis

I am having the same issue. on my pc it finds matches my internet is working fine, on ps3 nat is open under sys. bandwith is 424kbps. only way to join any matches is to join friends. keep saying waiting for host on hctdand any matches. check router rebooted ps3 like 5times.

nuttin2say

If you are playing on a PC you should have no trouble finding a match because the game connects to other players through dedicated servers. So whatever your PC is doing has nothing to do with whether or not your PS3 can find a match.

What a too many players still assume is that bandwidth determines quality of connection. Your bandwidth is good enough.

Rebooting a router and modem is nothing more than a first-step, potentially easy fix. Although your PS3 unit may be showing that your NAT is open, you need to go inside your router settings and also make sure your port settings are correct.

Have you also tried changing the in-game search settings? Instead of "Best," step down a notch until you find other players. "Any" should work. If this works, the reason you're having trouble finding matches is because you are in a low-population area and will have to find players farther away from your location.

Dr_Zusse

I live in southern California about 45 min from Los Angeles. I have tried playing at different times on different days. I have also un-installed and re-installed the game and all DLC's Still not working.
      And if I haven't stated before I'm having problems on a PS3.

nuttin2say

PS3 is at Defcon 4 so ...

ALL ONLINE SERVICES ARE FULLY OPERATIONAL, BUT BRIEF INTERRUPTIONS MAY OCCUR DUE TO SERVICE MAINTENANCE OR ISSUES AT EXTERNAL SERVICE PROVIDERS.

That said, the next stop is here ...

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Problem-Connecting-to-an-Onlin e-Game-for-PlayStation-3/?q=psn+connection&l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3AAll&fs=Search& pn=1

knarsis

Well I live in South Africa and I am also on PS3 so we live on opposite sides of the WORLD and having the same issues.....make you wonder.

nuttin2say

Follow the same suggestions. Click on the support link and it will tell you how to make sure everything is set up correctly.

I'm assuming that, since this is being discussed in a BO2 forum, you are having trouble with BO2. If that's the case, the first thing I would do is use the game menu (not the console menu) to set the search parameter for "Any."

Players that live in nations with a high population of COD players can have trouble finding matches. What you guys are describing, in my experiences, is the result of either not having a large Call of Duty player population in the area/region where you live ... or it is the result of router or modem settings. Both of those have a firewall and you have to turn that off. You can do so without having to turn off the firewall for your other devices. It's usually better to call your router maker or ISP to help you with that. Sometimes the terminology one ISP uses is different from the terminology used in the instructions. The techs at these companies know how to navigate that issue. Besides, you pay good money for your ISP, make them earn it.