28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 8:50 PM by Fariko_Puk RSS

Patch 1.03 - Lag Issues?

brentcers37

After watching this, you will say that it was his internet.

DEAD WRONG.

In Australia, we got patch 1.03 thinking some positive changes were made. Now ever since this patch, most of the players here have been lagging like this horrendously. I've asked so many people in lobbies and during games and they have all said that they're running into walls and this sort of stuff. I've deleted my saved data utility and it has fixed it... slightly. Still feel like I'm bumping into other players.

Also, I go to search up a game in a Domination lobby, get put into a pre-game lobby then instantly booted and searching again, through no fault of my own. If you want to see proof of this, I am more than happy to upload a video of that.

By the way, the player of this video I've uploaded is not a bad player at all. He's one of the best players out there, is very well known and is doing very well with YouTube.

Thoughts?

• Re: Patch 1.03 - Lag Issues?
    brentcers37

P.S - Further opinions on lag and other problems since patch 1.03 from user comments.

COD: Ghosts 1.03 PS3 update live | Product Reviews Net

MR_PERFECT7

Same thing happened to me earlier, he was probably in a bad lobby. The host had a horrible connection.

ebonyant

I'm having major issues since the update, not always as bad as the video but it's worse than any other cod game I've played. In almost every game I play i I now have players that stutter across the screen, which makes shooting them extremely difficult .  The enemy will often just appear several feet ahead of where  I last saw them, eg I see a player run behind a rock so I aim at the other side of the rock ready to shoot him but he manages to appear past where I'm aiming and by the time I realise what is happening its too late because I'm the one being shot. I know it's not my Internet or router, all port forwarding and DMZ has been done. I've played black ops and am master prestige on mw3 and black ops2 and have NEVER known it to be this bad . I was planning to upgrade to the ps4 version but if it stays like this I'll sadly be saying goodbye to a series I love.

Ps. I have a few friends with strict Nat and they aren't  noticing any difference

brentcers37

I have strict NAT and my internet speeds are very fast, but I'm lagging behind like crazy. Just played a game of Domination and I was going 16-4, then all of a sudden it was as if I was playing against Americans. Finished 26-25 because I was nearly half a second behind the action. My bullets were doing nothing until the other players had already seen and started shooting... I was also shooting first so I should've won the majority of my CQC gunfights, but I didn't.

StunnaWasHere

Hey, im having the same problems, idk if its a region thing bu im in aus and if u dont mind me asking where are you from?!.o.d

anyways fix yo game c.o.d

Game_Over_Mate

Im having the same probs!! So freaking over it. First 2 days I had a great time playing. Ever since the patch 1.03 came out been getting crazy lag pretty much unplayable. Rang my Internet provider Internet is all good. Tested my Internet - 113 Mbps down, 2.42 up, 8ms ping and 2 ms line jitter. Please explain!!!! Worst patch ever.

eleven1181

The lag was starting to get really bad for me just before patch 1.03 came out but since the patch I've had almost no lag touch wood I hope it stays this way.

BanHaMMer

Same for me after the patch, the game played so well until then

DJ_Immortal

I Started getting this exact thing on Thursday last week, it hit an all time low on saturday.

all I hear when anyone complains is "It's your internet", NO IT FECKING ISNT! There is something fundamentally wrong with this game. i love the map, the guns & the general feel of the game, I just wish the jumping would stop

Game_Over_Mate

I Agree there is some thing wrong. I'm the same love the game, the concept, guns and maps. Do not enjoy lag an tool say its my Internet.

mattmog

+1 to this

pre-release it was perfectly fine and then after this patch it turned to ****.

HardBlackMuscle

this is exactly what happened to me....I bought the game first couple days it was fine, next day I updated it to the 1.03 patch, now I can never find a game with aussies in it EVER... im in QLD and could always find a lobby within a few seconds of searching. Now it searches for like 1min or 2 to then put me in American/ UK/ Asian lobbies. My NAT is OPEN. I should be finding Aus/Nz lobbies like the first couple days I was...

I was also in a 6man party last night all from AUS most from my city, and we could not find a game for the life of us. so I told the guys id leave to see if they could find a game. apparently they found one straight away -_-

COD fix ya crap up and make an update to fix this nonsense. I don't mind lag cause lets be honest ive played your game for years and LAG is always there...but at least let me LAG in a lobby within the same REGION in which I live....

Elderluck

Exactly what my games look like in america, And also there are instances where my killcam or right before I die the game freezes.

Dufeyz

I live in Sydney, NSW and i can confrirm the exact same thing is not only happening to me, but my friends too. What the hell is going on? i just picked the game up today and ive tested my internet, done all that stuff. Im convinced its the game. What the hell is happening. It feels like normal lag, but i dont know if its frame-rate or what. It seems the Devs have not even acknowledged this yet. ( they're probably asleep ).

The game is literally unplayable. Its a shame too.

Game_Over_Mate

IF I could up load the vid I took of my game play off my phone iit's so bad, I played black ops2 and mw3 to check and those games ran fine. Internet is super fast too. The worst part is some times I end up in French lobbies, the writings different when u mill some one or pick up a tag. When will they fix this?? I live in qld

TooSwift4_U

Exactly the same problem experienced here. Game was playing fine pre patch and has now become unplayable just as in the video above after installing the new patch. Connection is fine as all other online games run without any problems. I'm located in Victoria, Australia.

This needs to be fixed!

IR3DLIN3

It's same on xbox. Game was great before the patch, and now is borderline unplayable.

MaFaKa_49

Game ran great before the patch, now it takes ages to find a lobby after being kicked over and over again from aus lobbies.Can only mainly find foreign lobbies.Also playing in a 2 or three man party is impossible getting kicked from lobbies all the time. From NSW and is the worst consistant lag iv seen in cod

Game_Over_Mate

Wats got me stuffed is why another patch hasn't been issued to fix this. It's been 3 days now. Do they not care that they have stuffed up??

Game_Over_Mate

THank god!! Where did u hear that?

Game_Over_Mate

AWesome,  hope your right mate I'm so over it right now. Went back and played black ops 2, was fun

Dufeyz

Has Infinity Ward Acknowledged lag issues?

Fariko_Puk

now I've played cod since the start and I've got to say ghost was one of the smoothest cod's out until the patch 1.03 now its terrible: rubber banding, enemy's doing the moon walk, snipers getting kills when clearly not on target (same for the throwing knives) people combat knifing fin air but get a kill, I've even started getting spawned in front of enemy's and personally the worst one for me is the whole press fire (before the enemy reacts)but no bullets fire then I die and the list could go on and this is as since the 1.03 patch, rumour has it the update changed the servers from hybrid dedicated back to p2p?

#google #uk